Author Topic: Colorpoint OK or Vex  (Read 1461 times)

RickK

Colorpoint OK or Vex
« on: Dec 14, 2004, 09:07 AM »
Heres the deal,..I can get a Colorpoint flasher from a guy that claims that health problems have caused him to have never used it. He got it a few years ago still in the box and it looks like its never been used. He wants 100 bucks for it, might take a little less.  Having never used a flasher before would you get this or  buy a Vex?  I realize that some like the vex fl18 and I imagine it is  a great unit but how would you compare the colorpoint compared to a say to a f8? I understand that some really like the colors of the vex over the Colorpoint but are their many-or much differences?

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
Re: Colorpoint OK or Vex
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2004, 09:40 AM »
I have a Colorpoint and love it. I feel it is comparable to the FL-8. I have used both and they are both great pieces of equipment. The colors are easy to see and interpret. For $100 you willhave a super deal.
Pete Lewis

CNY_Tim

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2004, 10:00 AM »
Colorpoint - If you get one that's solid and works well you should be ok but 1 in 3 units personally is what I found to be a good one.  However if you get it and want to make some money on it I just saw one go for $227 new in box on EBay.  You could sell that unit to get something else that you want.  I don't even think Techsonics or Humminbird repairs them anymore, so keep that in mind. If it was me I would take that Colorpoint and put it on Ebay and take the money and you should be able to buy a light used FL-8 on EBay for around $220.  It's your call...  That's a heck of a deal if that point is in fine working order.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2004, 12:45 PM »
Colorpoint - If you get one that's solid and works well you should be ok but 1 in 3 units personally is what I found to be a good one.  However if you get it and want to make some money on it I just saw one go for $227 new in box on EBay.  You could sell that unit to get something else that you want.  I don't even think Techsonics or Humminbird repairs them anymore, so keep that in mind. If it was me I would take that Colorpoint and put it on Ebay and take the money and you should be able to buy a light used FL-8 on EBay for around $220.  It's your call...  That's a heck of a deal if that point is in fine working order.

I agree 100%.  But for $100 you can't go wrong compared to not having sonar if it works.  I'd also suggest asking him to let you give it a test before completing your deal to make sure it works.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2004, 10:01 AM »
I have a Colorpoint and wouldn't give it up for anything !!  For $100.00 you can't go wrong , just make sure it works prior to handing over the cash.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2004, 10:17 AM »
I am a Vexilar guy but if I could get a new in the box one for $100 I would do it. I am sure it would work for you as well as a Vex.

That sounds like a great deal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.