Author Topic: New FRABILL Ambush Shelters???  (Read 16679 times)

Offline Finders Keepers II

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't leave fish to find fish..
New FRABILL Ambush Shelters???
« on: Aug 30, 2013, 11:21 AM »
The new FRABILL Ambush series shelters with user friendly side doors seems like a great idea!

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/frabills-new-sidestep-entry-shelters-offer-unprecedented-fishable-space/

FISHFORPIKE

Re: New FRABILL Ambush Shelters???
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Crafty  :flex: :clap:

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Haven't found any prices yet though. I need to know how much cash I need to stockpile

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2013, 12:45 PM »
I swear man everytime I buy something they make brand new they always come out with something new and better. I can't get rid of my shack now, thermal top was the way to go!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2013, 02:23 PM »
http://www.planomolding.com/catalogs/2013-Frabill-Ice.pdf      no prices but good info on line up
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2013, 04:16 PM »
The new FRABILL Ambush series shelters with user friendly side doors seems like a great idea!

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/frabills-new-sidestep-entry-shelters-offer-unprecedented-fishable-space/

They look great and will defenitly be getting one this year. Seems like the straight sides should allow me to hook up easier and quicker without hitting the side of the shanty. The back area looks like more room for storage out of the fishing area which is really nice not having to climb over the electronics and heaters etc. I know jakep gonna love the camo as well:) u can find me on Oneida this winter I will be in a new ambush$$$

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2013, 04:24 PM »
They look awesome.....waiting to see the price tag as well.

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Oh man guess we will need a camo one to stay hidden ...... Awesome news we need it  !!!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2013, 04:37 PM »
 some more gear to look at                                      http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=259932.0
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Trouty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2013, 04:47 PM »
These look great!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2013, 05:01 PM »
These shelters look awesome more standup room is always  nice ... I have 2 frabill shanties & I love them...
images.jpeg

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2013, 05:57 PM »
At 110 pounds for the lightest one, you better have something to pull it with!! Don't think I would get very far with the shelter and all of the gear without a tracked ATV/UTV/snowmobile! But that's just my $.02 worth!! They look really great, and the insulated model should stay toasty with little heat!! Anyone drops the hammer on one of these, let us know how you like it!! And how much $$$$$  :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2013, 09:43 PM »
At 110 pounds for the lightest one, you better have something to pull it with!! Don't think I would get very far with the shelter and all of the gear without a tracked ATV/UTV/snowmobile! But that's just my $.02 worth!! They look really great, and the insulated model should stay toasty with little heat!! Anyone drops the hammer on one of these, let us know how you like it!! And how much $$$$$  :icefish:
As soon as available to public I will be setting her up in the driveway like usual...standard protocol for crazy people :cookoo:

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2013, 10:59 PM »
Being 6'5" I thought my otter lodge was awesome. Those things look like they could be the hot ticket. The one thing that worries me is the 7/8 pole diameter. That looks like a big sail for such small supports. I could be wrong though. Although that's never happened before  ;D
Look at me I can walk on water

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Aug 30, 2013, 11:00 PM »
I am 6'2" so the 6'3" clearance of the shelter will be perfect! Not to mention the huge side doors that are made out off the 600 Denier with heavy duty zippers.. so us big guys will be getting in and out in a breeze! Plus..  any scraps from ice creepers wont hurt the shanty!  :clap:

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2013, 11:05 PM »
Big boy ice toys  ;D bout darn time they quit discriminating against us big fellers lol. I might have to take a serious look. Wonder if it will fit on an otter sled lol
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2013, 10:45 PM »
Like the idea of side doors so when have flag can bail out both side  :tipup:
Just enjoying life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Sep 01, 2013, 11:32 PM »
While running out the side doors.. the side door configuration does away with tripping over bait buckets, heaters and crushing your beloved rod/reel combos. PLUS..  it seems to be lighter than the average flip-over shelters (110-126 pounds)

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #18 on: Sep 02, 2013, 10:49 AM »
That's a smart idea with side doors who ever came up with that idea probably has a partner with them all the time and had issues getting out the front door and kicked heater or bait bucket before keep up the good work and new ideas
Just enjoying life

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #19 on: Sep 05, 2013, 11:00 PM »
didn't eskimo make one with one side door and a front door. 

I like this one better. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #20 on: Sep 06, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Ive emailed frabill and facebook messaged them and brian brosdahl asking about prices.very tight lipped

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Sep 06, 2013, 10:08 AM »
I wonder how the pole system works? I'm assuming there's stretchers in the front? But I'm still confused as to how it works.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #22 on: Sep 06, 2013, 12:30 PM »
Stay tuned - we'll be shooting video with one of the new shelters in the upcoming weeks! @)
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Sep 07, 2013, 04:07 PM »
That's awesome I sold my 3man otter last year for that very reason kids kept tripping and falling in holes I bought a clam sleeper(which is awesome) its 8'x8' with insulated floors so feet stay warm but it extremely big and heavy but side doors are the ticket awesome job frabill
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Sep 14, 2013, 01:00 PM »
BPS removed the pictures because the items are out of stock at the moment. If you "Live chat" on the BPS site you can get pricing information and maybe pre-order one.  ;)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Sep 14, 2013, 02:48 PM »
BPS removed the pictures because the items are out of stock at the moment. If you "Live chat" on the BPS site you can get pricing information and maybe pre-order one.  ;)
I did a live chat and was told that they would be out of stock for over 30 days and that we will have to check the website in a month to see if they have it in stock yet! I ask the person how a customer was supposed to know BPS was even out of stock, but going to carry the item when more came in?? Someone doing a product search for something would think they didn't plan on carrying the item! She said she would pass my comment on.... :%$#!:

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Sep 14, 2013, 04:07 PM »
don't want to sound like a glumey guss but if you have side doors and you have a fair wind of 20-25 and your back is to the wind  and I can have my front door partially open even on windy days , I really don't see a real advantage far as fishing goes , but I don't have small children either , but I will look at it along with all the new shacks 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.