Author Topic: trailer all done-lots of pics  (Read 12977 times)

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
trailer all done-lots of pics
« on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:01 PM »
well, I made a few more mods to my trailer... Its a 6x12 enclosed trailer with a V nose. It has a ramp on the back and a curbside door. The trailer was bare bones when I bought it. I pulled the walls off to insulate than painted it and finished out the ceiling. Floor, walls, and ceiling are all insulated with 3/4" pink boards. Everything is sealed up with great insulation. I installed a crank vent in the ceiling. 3 holes are in the floor set up with catch covers and the catch cover tubes. I also have the catch cover brackets to use the cover as a shelf for the flasher when fishing. Each hole has a fish elevator with it. Big buddy Mr heater keeps this shack toasty warm. There is also berkley vertical rod holders in the front. I am in the market for a diff 12v fan that why the one in the pic is just hanging there. There is also 3 12v lights. I have outdoor carpeting on the floor. All i have to do is decide what I want to do for a power source either a big 12v battery or a small one......Total I have somewhere between 2800-3000 dollars into this rig. Trailer was bought brand new for $2200... But its more than just a shanty, it can haul my atv, double as a hunting shack, stg in the summer... thoughts and opinions?

I also have everything rigged so that it can be removed to use as a trailer to haul stuff.... The black plastic shelfs on the wall are on velcro, the battery box comes out, the heater can be removed, ect....functions great!

Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: trailer all done-lots of pics
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:19 PM »
wow great looking rig :),you did a great job imo.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Looks awesome, great features but one question, how do you see out of it if there is no windows?
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Looks awesome, great features but one question, how do you see out of it if there is no windows?

I knew that would come up LOL...we dont tip up fish, we only jig so there really isnt any need to see outside. Inside is dark but has enought light from the crank up vent that has a milky cover. just have to make sure you put your sunglasses on when you walk outside haha.

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:30 PM »
It looks sweet.  I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2011, 06:32 PM »
I lookks sweet.  I was thinking of doing the same thing.

I would recomend going this route, it fishes great! and functions for more than just a shanty

Offline MT167

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Looks good.

Offline Bottombouncer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2011, 07:59 PM »
The pic of the propane tank looks like it is not vented to the outside. Most states if not all require that there is an unlocked door access to the tank for emergency's. I wouldn't want to be inside if it got a leak. Just trying to be helpful.

rickl1968

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:31 PM »
Nice shack!

What are the poles on the walls used for?

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Very nice set-up TL!

Id be damned if I hauled a wheeler in that though. LOL Id add some permanent seating/shelving and just use it for fishing, and lock her up from ice out to ice in.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Nice shack!

What are the poles on the walls used for?

those are fish elevators... They are made by a guy in our area and work great especially when tube fishing but are still amazing when fishing on top of the ice. They will save you alot of fish! Here is a youtube video of them in action. You can go to the fish elevator website for more info or to order...

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Very nice set-up TL!

Id be damned if I hauled a wheeler in that though. LOL Id add some permanent seating/shelving and just use it for fishing, and lock her up from ice out to ice in.

we might use this for deer season in the future to basically camp out of, and the wife and I are looking at a new house so i could still use it to move us.... It alot easier to justify the cost of this rig knowing its use doesnt just end when the ice melts.....

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:04 PM »
hey man, nice shack, mine is identical ^^

but wondering where you got those tubes from for your holes. i was going to make some but if i can buy them it would be great!

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:10 PM »
we might use this for deer season in the future to basically camp out of, and the wife and I are looking at a new house so i could still use it to move us.... It alot easier to justify the cost of this rig knowing its use doesnt just end when the ice melts.....

True, true.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:13 PM »
You must drill the ice holes from inside the trailer...must need/use an extension on the auger bit...
Use a gas auger? or electric or propane?

MD

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:20 PM »
hey man, nice shack, mine is identical ^^

but wondering where you got those tubes from for your holes. i was going to make some but if i can buy them it would be great!

buy the same ones i have to match the catch covers. They are basically air tight. Holes never freeze and zero wind comes into the shack. Go to the catch cover website or there is another website that is called fishhousesupply or something along those lines. Let me know if you cant find them.

make sure you order the wight legths and widths. They make diff lengths for diff height shacks and diff widths for diff sized augers

here is the link to the catch cover site. The tubes work the best if used with catch covers. They kind of mate with each other to make it air tight....they have great customer service so call them if you have questions, great company!
http://www.catchcover.com/

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:22 PM »
You must drill the ice holes from inside the trailer...must need/use an extension on the auger bit...
Use a gas auger? or electric or propane?

MD

yup we drill from inside the shack. I do have an extension for my eskimo but have not had to use it even though the engine damn near ends up on the floor by the time it punches though. Drill the holes, use the fish elevator to clean the slush out and drop the tubes in and you are ready to roll without haveing to line up the shack and holes. Drilling inside is the reason why i installed a vent in the roof. open the door and the vent while drilling and the exhaust goes right out in no time....

I have a eskimo shark z71 10"

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:26 PM »
thanks man i found them :) i have the hole covers already but didnt know they made the tubes :)

btw if your looking for a good 12v fan. head over to your local napa or parts store. i picked up a nice 12''ish fan and built a mount for it and installed in mine. works great and dont use to much battery. its napa brand and it pushes the air nicely.

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:27 PM »
That's very nicely done indeed!  Windows would be killer.  Just sayin'.  :whistle:

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:30 PM »
That's very nicely done indeed!  Windows would be killer.  Just sayin'.  :whistle:

i agree but for our type of fishing they just arent needed. no windows for the theifs to break too....

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Heres those LED pods I mentioned on your other thread. (I use the blue on the boat, but the white would probably be better for you)

Superb price and the guy is great to deal with, plus the light pods are pretty bright for how small they are.

He has other LED stuff too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-5-X-4-LED-PODs-BLACK-CASE-Color-BLUE-/360312643853?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e44ea10d

Offline little bear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Looks great

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 24, 2011, 08:36 AM »
anyone know how i can open close this door from the inside and outside? All the trailer came with was the big traler latch on the outside which does me no good on the inside. Something easy to install would obviously be best.

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:31 AM »
I would think something like this would work. Just mount it on the inside.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_78581-1277-SP490_4294856551_4294937087_?productId=3152599&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Gate%2BHardware_4294856551_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:54 AM »
i used a heavy duty spring with a swivel board.

although in WIS you are not suppose to to have a one way opening door.

not allowed to lock your shack while you are on the ice inside.

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2011, 07:29 PM »
i used a heavy duty spring with a swivel board.

although in WIS you are not suppose to to have a one way opening door.

not allowed to lock your shack while you are on the ice inside.

i know what the law is but basically i am going to ignore it as i cant dint a decent way to close the door with a spring or bungee like most guys do that actually seals and closes the door.....The warden will just have to knock LOL

Offline Vermont

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Looks great!
-20F is only a little chilly

Offline flyfisherman83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2011, 02:26 AM »
I'm impressed I like it man

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Nov 25, 2011, 12:03 PM »
alright fellas, made a few more mods to my trailer. I added 2 removable rattle reels, 1 of them unspools very easy while the one closest to the back of the trailer seems altittle sticky. I emailed catch cover to see what they say about it. I also added a door handle like one of the other iceshanty guys recomended. Before I was pushing a needle nose through a handle in the door across to the wall to keep the door shut when we were inside and than no body could open it from the outside. Well, this latch allows us to quickly open it from the inside and outside and still seals up the door completely. The door and wall are not flush to instead of the using the latch "catch" that came with the door handle I had to pick up another handle and do some custom bending to get it to work. These were pressy small mods but will make it much nicer. here are the pics

Offline notime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2011, 02:13 PM »
very nice unit. we are in the process of finishing ours

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.