Author Topic: Clam Vista Thermal - window placement  (Read 274 times)

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam Vista Thermal - window placement
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:15 PM »
Looking for feedback from owners who have tip ups to monitor.  Any issue with the placement? They seem a bit high, as compared to the other model I am considering (QF3I).

Good deal on them at Scheels right now - $199.99, but the window placement is a big concern for me.

Thanks!

Offline 32footsteps

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clam Vista Thermal - window placement
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:52 AM »
I have basically the same shack only with a different name.  Clam seems to change the names on some of their stuff every 2-3 years or any time there is a minor tweak to them.  Anyway....  If I was going to,buy a hub again it wouldn't be one with the windows that high.  Most of the time I run a straight line of tip-ups which can be viewed with the door cracked open a bit.  It would be much nicer if you could just pop your head up and look around without having to get up out of your seat.  You could sit on a taller 5 or 6 gallon bucket if you want but for me I can only do that so long.  I need some back support or I'll be in pain for a day or two after fishing.  I suppose you could get a taller director type chair if you wanted. 

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:21 AM »
That is exactly what I wanted to hear.  Appreciate it.  Will be ordering the QF3I.

You know, you'd think the manufacturers would have figured this out.  Not everyone fishes with tip ups, but enough do that this should be remedied.  This is the reason why I didn't consider the Otter lineup.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Exactly, the shanty sponsor who makes beautiful shanty's listened and will be changing window placement next year. If you have one anyway why not make it practical.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2017, 03:07 PM »
My window fog up like crazy with the heat on . I have to get up and whipe them off non stop. So no matter the location you can't see good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.