The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Marcum dual beam showdown. likes or dislikes ?  (Read 524 times)

Offline JIGMAN21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum dual beam showdown. likes or dislikes ?
« on: Jan 26, 2020, 03:26 PM »
on off switch will not turn on unit.  if I unplug the unit and reconnect it if turns on and works.  switch will work to turn off unit.  ??  any ideas

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum dual beam showdown. likes or dislikes ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2020, 04:33 PM »
I have the first one to come out it was called a VPG it has worked good for me make shore your connections are clean on the battery and the plug where you charge it is clean I had similar issues with mine and that toke care of that hope that helps you out. A/P  :tipup:

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
Re: Marcum dual beam showdown. likes or dislikes ?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2020, 09:20 PM »
I had one of the first 5.6DB's few years ago.  When it worked, it was great.  I had to send it back to Marcum several times to have work done on it (case leaked and water got in it, Could not pick up bottom and would give wrong depth x 2)  I ended up getting rid of this unit and bought a Marcum LX7 from Tackleshack.  This was the best investment I got for ice fishing.  Absolutely incredible unit.  Marcum is an excellent company and has very good customer service.  I did have to make sure I put electrical grease on all the fittings/plugs on the 5.6DB Showdown because it would frequently loose a good connection and then turn off.  This did fix that problem.  Hope this helps.   Nez

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.