Author Topic: 5 Gal Buckets  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
5 Gal Buckets
« on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Hey everyone, I absolutely love this board. It is probably my favorite one on IS. So I would like to see what you have all done to mod out your 5 gallon buckets. Personally, I have one that has a place to mount my little buddy heater and a rattle reel mounted inside. Ill post pics later! Let's see what you've all got!  ;D

CI

Go Beavers!

Offline pokey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 5 Gal Buckets
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:05 PM »
I know this has nothing to do with ice fishing. But I kayak fish a lot and chase cats at night. Well I made a floating bait bucket with a few drilled holes and pool noodle. Its great cause I cast net for shad and I can easily empty the net into the bucket at the side of the kayak.

Offline Docholiday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:06 PM »
I use buckets galore for ice fishing they are great.
Hit em Hard Water Style

Doc

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:40 PM »
Pokey- hey, who said I wasn't open to anything outside of ice fishing? ;) that sounds like a good, cheap way to save some money on a floating bait bucket!

Doc- buckets are one of the most versatile things I carry with me on the ice. Anything special that you do to your buckets?

Go Beavers!

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:16 PM »
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline Docholiday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:18 PM »
I haven't done anything special with them persay. They carry rods or trash and I use them to put a pole on as a holder or two.
Hit em Hard Water Style

Doc

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2013, 10:14 AM »
I like the stringer! Is there any lids that have storage and a seat on top of it? Ive looked around but couldnt find one..

Go Beavers!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:51 AM »
I like the stringer! Is there any lids that have storage and a seat on top of it? Ive looked around but couldnt find one..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husky-12-in-Storage-Seat-Organizer-FITS-ALL-STANDARD-5-GALLON-BUCKETS-/160933548311#vi-content
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:19 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husky-12-in-Storage-Seat-Organizer-FITS-ALL-STANDARD-5-GALLON-BUCKETS-/160933548311#vi-content

Thats a good, sturdy looking lid! The one that Plano makes is not very sturdy looking.. Anyone else got some mods??

Go Beavers!

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:14 AM »
I cut the top half of one bucket and then push it into a second bucket. Four large pop rivets evenly spaced around the side holds them together. Raises it up  afew more inches. Get cramps sitting with my knees in my face too long. You can also attach a RAM mount to the bucket and mount your vex. Makes it easier to hole hop just carrying the bucket.
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:38 AM »
I cut the top half of one bucket and then push it into a second bucket. Four large pop rivets evenly spaced around the side holds them together. Raises it up  afew more inches. Get cramps sitting with my knees in my face too long. You can also attach a RAM mount to the bucket and mount your vex. Makes it easier to hole hop just carrying the bucket.

I want to do this when I eventually get a second flasher. I am thinking about putting the battery underneath a wooden insert at the bottom so that it is covered and then put a conduit going up with the wires to keep them out of the way. Then Ill have the rest of the bucket for storage.

Go Beavers!

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2013, 04:23 PM »
I want to do this when I eventually get a second flasher. I am thinking about putting the battery underneath a wooden insert at the bottom so that it is covered and then put a conduit going up with the wires to keep them out of the way. Then Ill have the rest of the bucket for storage.

Plastic wire loom works well too.
So large that even I
May never need to lie.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:53 PM »
Plastic wire loom works well too.

Now there's an idea  ;D

Go Beavers!

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2013, 11:59 AM »

I made a t shaped wooden frame that friction fits in the bottom of the bucket. Holds the battery on the opposite side of the finder. Keeps bucket balanced nicely.
So large that even I
May never need to lie.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2013, 10:44 PM »
Woah Rairdog! Now thats somethin'  ;) I never thought about using rivets for when i mod out stuff.. might have to put some thought into it now!

Go Beavers!

Offline Kato_3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2013, 11:25 AM »

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2013, 10:35 PM »
Kato - Are those the mini clam shelter lights in the center of your bucket? What do you use multiple for?

Go Beavers!

Offline Kato_3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:35 PM »
No. I got them at Harbor Freight. Pretty much the same thing though. I use multiple because they aren't that bright.

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:22 PM »
No. I got them at Harbor Freight. Pretty much the same thing though. I use multiple because they aren't that bright.

Don't worry, the clam ones aren't bright either  :%$#!:

I like all the buckets everyone! Keep em comin!

Go Beavers!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.