The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Amish made Spears  (Read 16830 times)

Offline Gamedog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Whiskey Drunk!!
Amish made Spears
« on: Jan 28, 2009, 04:05 PM »
 :whistle:

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: Amish made Spears
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Man I like the looks of that  :woot: I would love to have a stainless steel spear cause keeping the rust off my spear is a full time job  ;D

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2009, 07:19 PM »
wwwwhhhhhheeeewwwwww boy thats nice.  I like the knurled handle.  The Sportsmans Warehouse up here in Wasilla carries the amish made carbon steel spears  They are one of the nicest commercially made spears out there IMO.  You might check Sporsmans Warehouse in Billings and see if they could get you one.  I see them on Ebay off and on too.  One on there right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel-Ice-fishing-Fish-spear-spearing-UNREAL_W0QQitemZ250364837448QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item250364837448&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Amish don't make junk. :)

They can do amazing things with wood, leather, and metal. The really good hand made stuff is pretty hit and miss. Sometimes you can find their stuff in flea markets in the summer.

The one in that ebay link is in Browerville MN, every thing good for fishing comes from MN. :laugh:

Offline BuschWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Here fishy ...fishy..."
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2009, 01:08 AM »
Sweeeet!  That is a thing of beauty!  I wish I could help ya, but if I knew where to get one and told ya... well you know, I'd have to.....so's you wouldn't get it first! ;D.  I've seen the ones Darkhousefisher talked about, and I agree, very nice!!  I have spear envy :(
\"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy\"___Benjamin Franklin
Fish each time as though it were your last...for one time, it will be.

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:28 AM »
Check this beauty out. My buddy received this as a gift while in Minnesota.
Looks to be stainless steel. Very nice!
Any of you spearchuckers or Minnesota boy's know who or how to ahold of the Amish folks who built it?
(Image removed from quote.)

Same guy who made my black one and one handed ice tongs. I believe his name is Eli Zook. I could drive you to his house, but since they don't have phones you have to write them a letter, or just go to their house. They all seem to have some sort of specialty trade aside from farming. You can buy those spears at most of the sproting goods stores around here. Sportsman's Whorehouse in St.Cloud carries them. Maybe they would ship?

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:55 AM »
what is the price of that beauty

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:46 AM »
what is the price of that beauty

The one on ebay that is just like it is $191  :o , out the door

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:47 AM »
I sure could use one of those!!!

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2009, 01:55 PM »
Thanks Spearchucker. I'll look up that Sportsman's Sleeperhouse. If not maybe you could get me his address?
Are the tongs you bought as well crafted?

The tongs work great you can see them in the pics of my darkhouse post. I have pulled plenty of big slabs of ice with them.

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2009, 08:32 AM »
Spearchucker,
Any chance you've seen a store stocking these lately? I've called around and have yet to locate one other than off e-bay.
Thanks

Went to Scheel's in St. Cloud last night, and they are already letting the ice fishing stuff dwindle down and putting some on clearance. I didn't see any spears there. Fleet Supply in Long Prairie, MN always has them, because the Amish that make them get all of their farm supplies at that store. It is about a 5 mile horse and buggy ride from the guys house to the Fleet Store. Try giving them a call maybe they would ship you one.-Todd is the owner's name.

Long Prairie Fleet Supply
940 Commerce Rd
Long Prairie, MN 56347
(320) 732-6195

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.