Author Topic: Tourney points system?  (Read 8922 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Tourney points system?
« on: Dec 10, 2005, 09:15 AM »
What do you think BC:
This is what Grump proposes for point system for the upcoming tourney to see who comes out on top:

Quote from TGF:
So most total points for the 3 categories wins.
1st place=3 points
2nd place=2 points
3rd place=1 point

Sound OK?

Quote from Grump:
points as you suggest for 1-2-3 sounds okay....this will make it more of a challenge....since we have the designated trophy category, I propose that we do this.....for each validated and accepted trophy entry in the online tournament, we award 10 points for the first entry....double it to 20 for the second trophy entry....and 40 for the third...burbot minimum is 33"   brown/rainbow is 24" and laker is 40".....now the pressure is on the B.C. gang....if you can see your way to agree with this, then we can release the butt-kicking 

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
Re: Tourney points system?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2005, 12:00 PM »
Hardly seems Fair.... :'(

GO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:28 PM »
This is going to be too easy. All it's going to take is one trip to Pete lake and we'll all be over "trophy" size for rainbows. 30" here I come!! :flex:

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Yes true but if they have say 150 members fishing then they stand a much better chance of catching some trophies than us 10. They do have trophies there but bottom line is ours are bigger and we will show that.

Shouldn't it be like a fishing derby...who cares who catches 100 rainbows over 30 inches...Its the guy that catches the 1 38 incher that should have bragging rights?

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Ya Grump changed my mind. You've got too many people to keep the tourney points thing fair. We simply aren't going to catch as many fish as your group. But ours will be bigger!

20 points for first
10 points for second
5 points for third.

-Thoreau

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Are you talking about just BC or everyone in general?

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2005, 12:41 PM »
TEAM BC vs. TEAM Manitoba. Little inter-competition going on ;D

-Thoreau

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Hardly.... ::)...Grump

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Geez......B.C. has a higher population base than Manitoba will ever hope to!!!....time to stop whining and step up to the plate........recruit whomever you wish from your province.....heck...ta ke some outsiders.....if you have that many trophy fish....shouldnt be a problem should it?......or are you afraid that this prairie province has too much too offer the iceangler fanatic....( we have our share).....if you have so many trophy bows......LETS GET IT ON!!!.....we'll stack ours against yours....and the burbot and lakers to boot!!!.....will the real men step forward???...Grump...thats my final offer!!

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:52 PM »
OK well sure 4.21 million in BC to 1.17 million in Manitoba. Looks good for your point but remember 3 million of those BCers live where it rarely freezes and if it does then only for a day or two. Trust me I've lived down there and icefishing is not one of their sports. That would be like trying to take up icefishing in Mexico? Well I guess they did have a Jamacian bob sled team ???. So if you take off 3 million from the 4.21 million then we are about even. All of Manitoba freezes I believe, BC does not.
If we look at a world record we ask HOW BIG WAS IT? Not, how many trophy fish were caught. This is a tourney about length and correct me if I'm wrong. I will only get out a couple times this year after my arm heals up. But I will be going to some trophy lakes a few miles from my home, and expect to do good. I don't think I should be penalized because I didn't get out much, which at my age is getting harder. You guys in Manitoba get out much more than I do. This shouldn't be a tourney on who posts the most trophies. Ultimately it should be the biggest fish that wins it. If you wanted the most trophies then we should all fish the same area.
Sure lets stack ours up against yours but it should be the biggest one not the most.

Your contest Grump would be about who can get out the most which in Man days fishing would be you guys. Yes both provinces have some nice trophy fish. But I think ours are bigger in the 3 categories mentioned. We all know you guys will definately get more days than us due to # of fisherpeople.
We see from the Manitoban board some statements about Manitoba having the biggest fish so I say show them big ones and put them to the size of our BC fish. Not the most fish ???

So I say, take your final offer and keep it. I want a tourney like Iceshanty tourney that the BIGGEST fish wins it. Not the most BIG fish. The bragging rights should be given to the biggest fish. Thats this old Grumps 2 cents for what its worth.
Good luck everyone and may you catch a BIG monster. When your BIG monster wins 1st in the tourney, feel free to brag (whether your from BC or Manitoba) because your fish is the biggest. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Play nice you guys or the Albereta boys will have to show you a thing or two.  :-*

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I am playing nice I think. No offense Grump but Like I said its just my opinion.
Yikes its Alberta now.

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:03 PM »
 ;) that's right. So be afraid. BE VERY AFRAID.  :o

grumpymoe

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:57 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D...geez....well...... . ;D ;D maybe its not my final offer... ;D Grump

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:39 PM »
Ahh yes!!!!!!!!! The  Rednecks are now coming out to play. WE WILL WIN AND WE WILL RULE THE WORLD, MUHAHAHAH!  :woot:  :flex:

grumpymoe

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2005, 07:26 PM »

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2005, 02:00 AM »
Cool captions Grump ;)
Any other suggestions regarding how you guys think we should structure the points system in tourney? Maybe we could have province against province. I'm sure you guys have learnt from school age that...Things are always bigger out west ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 :whistle:

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2005, 07:58 AM »
Ah, I see Pigshanks has taken an awefully big bite :o  Being the patriotic one I am I guess I have no choice now but to have his back ;D  No fear Pigshanks, this should be like taking candy from a baby ;)2.  They can talk the trash but all we have to do is let our entries speak for themselves :thumbsup:

Trevor

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:23 AM »
And if your entries Trevor are the BIGGEST and place 1st, 2nd and 3rd on this tourney then your entries will speak for themselves :clap: :clap: :clap:. But if alberta catches a truck load of trophies and Manitoba catches 3 that are bigger and only a few trophies you can bet your sweet corn it would be Manitoba bragging, not Alberta. Size matters not numbers ;).
There is a ling lake that I hope some of the BC boys get out to that I used to go to. You could land many many trophies (burbot from 33 inches to 47 inches) a night. If I was to go there and say I caught 22 33 inchers, 19 33 1/4 inches, 27 33 1/2 inches, 16 33 3/4 inchers, 15 34 inchers........6 44 1/4 inchers, do you think tourney co-ordinaters would be able to discern between the pictures. There would be cries from Manitoba that I'm photographing the same fish. Too much technical crap, too much to error. Leave the 1st place finish to the BIGGEST fish not the most trophy fish. Ultimately its the guy with the biggest fish that should be bragging and hopefully he comes from out west.
I once visited Germany. The first bathroom I went to in Frankfurt airport there was some graffiti on the wall. It said: "Here I sit arse-whole hurting, just gave birth to another Albertan" What were the chances of that? Being from the other side of the globe. ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:29 AM »
by my quick calculations Icechip.....that would be one heck of a burbot fishfry!!!...105 trophies!!!....prolly enough for Alberta....Manitoba... .Ontario....and maybe a mouthfull or two for GeRm... :roflmao:...Grump

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:32 AM »
And if your entries Trevor are the BIGGEST and place 1st, 2nd and 3rd on this tourney then your entries will speak for themselves :clap: :clap: :clap:. But if alberta catches a truck load of trophies and Manitoba catches 3 that are bigger and only a few trophies you can bet your sweet corn it would be Manitoba bragging, not Alberta. Size matters not numbers ;).
There is a ling lake that I hope some of the BC boys get out to that I used to go to. You could land many many trophies (burbot from 33 inches to 47 inches) a night. If I was to go there and say I caught 22 33 inchers, 19 33 1/4 inches, 27 33 1/2 inches, 16 33 3/4 inchers, 15 34 inchers........6 44 1/4 inchers, do you think tourney co-ordinaters would be able to discern between the pictures. There would be cries from Manitoba that I'm photographing the same fish. Too much technical crap, too much to error. Leave the 1st place finish to the BIGGEST fish not the most trophy fish. Ultimately its the guy with the biggest fish that should be bragging and hopefully he comes from out west.
I once visited Germany. The first bathroom I went to in Frankfurt airport there was some graffiti on the wall. It said: "Here I sit arse-whole hurting, just gave birth to another Albertan" What were the chances of that? Being from the other side of the globe. ;D

Thanks for clarifying that genius :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

You must be deluded.  Where in MY post did I say anything about catching the MOST trophies ???

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:44 AM »
Sorry there Trevor but read back a few posts at beginning of topic. That was directed at Grump... that is what he proposes. The team with the most trophy fish wins. You said it for sure "deluded" ;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao:

grumpymoe

« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:47 AM »
deluded"
......you mean dilluted!!!...Grump ;D

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Sorry there Trevor but read back a few posts at beginning of topic. That was directed at Grump... that is what he proposes. The team with the most trophy fish wins. You said it for sure "deluded" ;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah I read it already ;D.  In Alberta we don't plan to catch TOO many trophies......only the biggest ;)2.

Probably wouldn't be fair to go by number of fish caught eh ???

Trevor

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:59 AM »
......you mean dilluted!!!...Grump ;D
I likes your sense of humor Grump. Lets get together and have an old boys fish. I bet you could tell a story er 2 that couldn't be repeated on here.

Trevor: yes, yes for sure the BIGGEST fish ;). Good luck to you guys from Alberta.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 17, 2005, 10:03 AM »
I likes your sense of humor Grump. Lets get together and have an old boys fish. I bet you could tell a story er 2 that couldn't be repeated on here.

Trevor: yes, yes for sure the BIGGEST fish ;). Good luck to you guys from Alberta.

Yes good luck to you too, good luck dealing with the physcological effects of ultimate defeat that is  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm sorry, that just sort of slipped out :-\ ;D This is just too much fun!!!

Now I'm sure I'm going to eat my words :-[

Trevor

grumpymoe

« Reply #26 on: Dec 17, 2005, 10:13 AM »
keep things going here Trevor...we need more AB boys and girls in on this...making up a batch of crying towels for the most western part of the anglers....also have to get the new skids onto the shanty...enlarge the 12 inch holes...(dont like squeezing the brutes too tight)....so if that is what everyone wants...so be it....not the most....just the biggest....Grump :P

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 17, 2005, 10:17 AM »
You had better think about the big skid you are going to see in your shorts  :woot: :woot: :woot: when the boys from BC post their monsters. :woot: :woot:

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Dec 17, 2005, 10:29 AM »
You had better think about the big skid you are going to see in your shorts  :woot: :woot: :woot: when the boys from BC post their monsters. :woot: :woot:

Since when is underwear fair game. The only skids in my shorts will be trying to pull the monster through a 16" hole.

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 17, 2005, 10:37 AM »
All talk....and you all know talk is cheap

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.