Author Topic: Newbie here.  (Read 2488 times)

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Newbie here.
« on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Heh guys and gals. I made it onto Iceshanty. Some of you may remember me from myfishfinder tourney. I'm done with furburgers for now Bigred ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Newbie here.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Heh ya young pup. Welcome to the cool side.

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2005, 04:20 AM »
TFG good to see ya back...bring in some pics of those big bucks...actually i'd like to see that fisher too!....not too long now till ice on eh the snows flying.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:55 AM »
They were quite small bucks...Didn't even register them on Big buck contest. I know guys that would have passed these young things up....but I hunt for meat, not a nice rack. If a big buck did come then I would have shot. We had lots of buck tags. They party hunt there. In a group, one guy can shoot all the deer. Not in BC though. They have small racks because they eat in my cousins corn fields all summer. He says if you go further north you get some big racks but not around his farm.

The fisher was raiding my cousins chicken coop. Man those fishers are hard to hit. Had to leave the fisher there as he was a pest. Wasn't able to bring the hide home.

Yeah low level ice soon I hope. Seems later this year, last year I was on already at Verdant.

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:14 AM »
Heyyyyyyyy tbone good to see ya hear man!! TGF those deer look tasty wtg bud!!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Hey tbone good to see you made it over 8) Those are some great meat bucks Terry, I'd love to have something hanging right now. I've still got a couple weeks. It froze good and hard last night so I'm still hoping to be on ice for saturday. Let's get it started already!!
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Tell me if you feel like a fish out of water when your on the ice tbone. I will help you out if you need. As for furburgers......your'e on your'e own buddy.

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Hey Trophy Hunter, and Kris....Wo that looks like quite the ice auger man! Reminds me I should get my ol drill sharpened too.

Terry you make pepperoni out of those things too or get a mix? That was damn good Moose meat man. As for the furburgers :o :o :o, well is guess I learn my lesson for not cheching the site often enough comming back online to that rant on fishfinder...lol... :D

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Auger? Someone's been drinking...... ::) ;D That was one EARLY morning man. Tak'er easy

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2005, 02:34 AM »
Hey Trophy Hunter, and Kris....Wo that looks like quite the ice auger man! Reminds me I should get my ol drill sharpened too.

Terry you make pepperoni out of those things too or get a mix? That was d**n good Moose meat man. As for the furburgers :o :o :o, well is guess I learn my lesson for not cheching the site often enough comming back online to that rant on fishfinder...lol... :D

I had it done at a local butcher shop tbone. Yeah you had better check often or I'll be ranting on you again  ;)2. OK tbone: plans: 5 days in February at my cabin on Stuart. 1 of those days we should head up to that secret laker lake and check it out. 30 lb lakers common. Should be good for first and second on Ice tourney. We could also swing over to a great ling lake I know of for some wild jigging. Buddy told me 12lb ling very common there. I have the power auger cause I like to drill lots of holes and remain quiet after dark when the BIG burbot show up.
Tight lines guys and gals.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2005, 12:29 PM »
You make that sound pretty good but I'll wait and see if you prove up ;D I wish I had money and time off :-\

-Thoreau

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Hello again tbone. TGF told me who you were. How is things going? I wish I was young again and chasing furburgers :P

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2005, 09:28 PM »
TGF I got some Cert.'s in the mail today...not bad not bad! Feb. sounds good to clinch a couple more, just need a week or so reminder and ill be there  8)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Yeah we will take the camper and test it out at -30. There is a central spot up there where we could hit quite a few trophy lakes in 4 days. We could play it by the weather if you want. I must be getting older because I don't enjoy fishing below -30 especially with a wind. Maybe we need to pull a small shanty up there.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Must be getting old ;)

-Thoreau

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:28 PM »
My trailer is still ready to roll! and my ice tent does wonders! My bro and I were out at -37 spell last year, just nailing rainbows. And that was not including the wind chill factor!  8)

Offline Devon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I'm a newbie too tbone. I met you with dad up on zippermouth lake where you drove down that big hill.
TEAM BC

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Hey Devin I thought that might be you! That ol Zippermouth hill was something else eh! I knew we could skid or roll down one way or another but wasn't sure we would make it back up! I guess thats why we nailed the fish so hard; not may anglers there at all.

I know another great spot for the Rainbows spicifically though! Just this side of the mountian range out west....lets make a trip out of it! :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.