Author Topic: Weather reports.  (Read 2522 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Weather reports.
« on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:15 PM »
Heh all you fellow BCers. Who do you like to use for your forecast? To me Environment Canada seems to be the most accurate. The weather network seems way off at times. What do you like?

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
Re: Weather reports.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Gonna have to agree with you Terry, the weather network seems to be out to lunch on next weeks forcast. Ha, rain in January, Idiots! :cookoo:

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:45 PM »
I'm going to try Environment Canada. I've been using the weather network. I usually go to the pg citizen web page, , , At the top of the page at the right side of the citizen logo is a weather option. click on weather, , ,and it gives you the forcast over about 5 days.
WHISKEY, , , YESSSSSS, , SSSSSIRRRR!
We live to fish!

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:55 PM »
Hay guys I started a new subject on a different web page.(myfishfinder.com)I hope you don't minde but Pitbell was refering to us as Team PG, , , and Iused all our names. They forced me  :-\ they asked if we fish in BC. Sorry guys but I got a little defensive, , , & I had to stand up for us. WHAT KINDA QUESTION IS THAT?  >:(
8)whiskey 8)
We live to fish!

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2005, 02:07 AM »
Terry thanks for the info the environment canada site, it is awesome, ,. , ,now a part on my favorites. . . Terry you are awesome , , , now please keep it coming. Teach me oH great one! 8)
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2005, 09:39 AM »
Careful whiskey, my chest is growing.
The reason I brought it up was my buddy said last week "Oh don't go out tomorrow as there is going to be lots of snow and wind with highs of only -23" But  I heard from Environment Canada that it was going to be lows of -24 and highs of -14. That was alot more accurate than my buddies forecast. I asked him where he got that from and he said "weather network". He also grabbed the citizen which was a little more accurate than weather network but not like EC.
I usually call their free phone # (561-6912) to get forecast. I also like to hear at the end of forecast the barometric pressure. Sometimes you call up and they say "Revised forecast...." Well thats just another way of saying we were wrong. But at least they admit when they are wrong. It is also updated many times thru day.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Just checked and they say it is going to be plus 1 C by tuesday. So chin up boys, it will get warmer. Till then we have to suck it up.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Don't know if you guys get the Weather Channel's "14 day trend" chart like we do in Man., but it is so screwed up that the forecast beyond tomorrow changes hourly.  What kind of trend is that?  Right now we have -30, and they've been predicting two days of plus temps every week for the last month. HA! Like that's happened, or even gonna happen!  I prefer Environment Canada for accuracy.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.