Author Topic: Whiteswan Lake  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Josephs Prairie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • See you on the ice!
Whiteswan Lake
« on: Dec 31, 2004, 12:49 PM »
Anybody going to opening day on Whiteswan Lake? I will be going up on the 3rd (opening day) with a few buddies. We are planning on being early but I expect it to be later than planned. Should be a big group of fishermen there as usual, approx 200 if I had to guess. I am going to try to get a count while fishing. I will try to remember the digi camera to get some pics of the whoppers I plan to catch!
See you there.
NAFC Life Member
Catcherman.com Staff
B&D Custom Lures Pro Staff

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Whiteswan Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2005, 09:49 AM »
I was at Stuart lake seeing the new year in and I think they should rename it because I saw 14 trumpeter swans flying by. 200 people in a day, I think I would leave unless its a derby. Sorry JP, not trying to steal your thread, whiteswan lake just made me think of the swans I saw yesterday.

Offline Josephs Prairie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • See you on the ice!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2005, 01:45 AM »
Lots of guys fishing (200 or so), lots catching. My buddy wants to fish some place I never fish on the lake, we did get a pile of bites but only landed to small fish. Lots of 4lb fish caught, but not by me. It was f'in cold up there, and windy which sure takes the fun out of it. Maybe I'll go back if it warms up. Can't say I didn't try though.
NAFC Life Member
Catcherman.com Staff

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2005, 12:59 PM »
What's the trophy lake down by Canal Flats? Whitetail Lake? I can't remember. Anyways, if you know the lake I'm talking about does it freeze over in the winter? This lake holds trophy trout and has bass as well.

Offline Josephs Prairie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • See you on the ice!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2005, 02:46 AM »
Sounds like Whitetail lake, but it is closed from Nov 1 - Apr 30. Also it has a 1 fish quota, bait ban, and single hook regs on it. But I am sure it freezes over for the winter ;)
NAFC Life Member
Catcherman.com Staff

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Wow you guys sure have alot of restrictions down south. I guess we have some up here. I should sit down and read the regs re your area for a little entertainment one night. Condolences :%$#!:

Offline Josephs Prairie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • See you on the ice!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2005, 08:13 PM »
Ya well, lots of fishing going on in the kootenays, I guess. Lots of small mountain lakes get fished hard by the area locals and tourists.
NAFC Life Member
Catcherman.com Staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.