Author Topic: Icefishing Extravaganza Jan 09/2010  (Read 5431 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Icefishing Extravaganza Jan 09/2010
« on: Dec 04, 2009, 07:36 PM »
There will be a meet and greet fishing day on Tabor lake  on the 9th of January. Dan Moffat from the fishing department of The Northern Hardware will be hosting the event to get to know all the hardwater fishers. There wil be free hotdogs and coffee and hot chocolate . There will be door prizes. No cost of event  just bring your fishing gear . The holes will be provided  and the warmth of a bon fire.
This will be a Family oriented event so please bring the kids and let them give ice fishing a try. There will be plenty of give aways on the ice. Dan will also be giving away a wicked ice fishing package including Berkly rod, reel and stand with many extras. In order to qualify for the pkg you need to come down to the fishing counter at The Northern and sign up. Prizes to be given out on the ice. For more information please contact Dan @ The Northern fishing department. He will also be giving out flyers with maps times ect..

Salmoncandy is the organizer of this event. His hopes and dreams for this day is that maybe the hat can be passed on the day to raise some money for the Tabor lake restoration fund and the salmon enhancement society. He is currently working on a donated prize we may be able to buy tickets for..fingers crossed.
Ok heres what you have to do. You have to stop by at the fishing counter at The Northern hardware on third and pick up a map to the event. While your there you have to fill out an entry for the door prize. This will help them gauge the participation levels for the hotdogs and such. So please do it soon and add the names for spouses or children as well. If you have any more questions feel free to contact Scott at 250-649-8971.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
Re: Icefishing Extravaganza Jan 09/2010
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2009, 07:59 PM »
right on- sounds like a plan!
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2009, 01:20 AM »
Please leave me a post or a pm if your thinking about it of if there is anything else you would like to know.
SC

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2009, 01:28 AM »
By the way. We art reelistic outdoors will be filming the tabor lake outing for and upcoming episode of our fishing show. So come on down.
SC

Offline Devon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2009, 09:26 AM »
When are the maps availible? I went there the other day and the guy behind the counter did not have any papers on it.
TEAM BC

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2009, 09:45 AM »
i double checked for saturday and had them make some more up. I hope that they keep on top of the photocopying. Make sure to remind them you need to sign up. There are a few staff members there that take over for lunches and breaks that are not familliar with the fishing event. Thank you for your patients. I will make sure it goes better monday morning.
Scott

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Please note guys and gals....this is NOT A DERBY.
Just a get together family event ;)

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Sign up is going great. Thank you for all your participation so early , It will be helpful

Offline tabordan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2009, 11:45 AM »
right on- sounds like a plan!
looks  like we should have great weather for our fun day on the swamp.look forward to meeting all of you hard water nuts and fishing with my old  buddies. see ya soon dan! ;D
the worst day fishn is better than the best day of  work

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Do you have to go to northern hardware to sign up, or can you just show up at the lake for the tourney?? oh, jan. 9 is also my birthday haha

Offline krazykim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:40 PM »
when does one have to sign up by?

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2009, 08:37 PM »
Do you have to go to northern hardware to sign up, or can you just show up at the lake for the tourney?? oh, jan. 9 is also my birthday haha
You have to go to the Northern Hardware to sign up because they need to know how many people will be coming so they bring the right amount of food,
plus they will give you a map with the directions to the spot. Your name will also go into a hat for the door prize that will be drawn there.

when does one have to sign up by?
I've looked everywhere Kim and I can't find a deadline date but if you call Salmoncandy he can probably help you. {Scott 250-649-8971}

See you all out there!

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2009, 10:15 PM »
there is no real deadline per say. but it sure will be helpfull if we know in advance. you are still welcome to show up without notice. but no door prize for you.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2009, 01:27 AM »

talk to Steve... hitch a ride with him,   I heard he is comming out

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2009, 02:22 AM »
steve's coming to??? i will have to talk to him.... I am so going to win... I mean its on my birthday, so how can i lose right? ;) haha, r u shopping tomorrow??.. might be ab;e to make it out to the lake..

Offline krazykim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:59 AM »
i will try my best to get downtown to sign up for the event then...i think the kids would have a blast.

Thanks

Kim

Offline tabordan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:48 AM »
went to the swamp sunday and the trout were biting like mad! and scott your right the vexilar is the greatest toy on the planet.the ice was a little soft in places but was about 8 inches !had agreat day see ya soon!dan :o ;D
the worst day fishn is better than the best day of  work

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Yeah having a flasher finder is kind of like having a 3rd eye....or second eye in some cases ;)2
Work really great when your fishing deep and your jigging the bottom in 60 ft of water and you see a flash 20 feet off bottom, you reel up till you see your lure is just above the flash. That toy has landed me so many fish that I would never have got.
Also tell you if the fish are there or not. So when someone says the fish weren't biting today, you can say well there were no fish there to bite so you move till you find fish then switch up to something else if there no taking your offering. So your not leaving fish to find fish ;)
Looking forward to fishing with you on ice Dan.

Offline tbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 26, 2009, 01:08 AM »
Too bad I think I'm busy that day. I've been spending a fair bit of time in that area and it would be nice to meet some members.

Offline Kstar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 26, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Hey! Very excited for the Ice fishing day :)  Already signed up our family and invited lots of our friends, hope for a great turn out and lots of winter fun! Thanks for getting the event together.
Casting flies, telling lies ;)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 26, 2009, 08:05 PM »
Too bad I think I'm busy that day. I've been spending a fair bit of time in that area and it would be nice to meet some members.

Ahh come on Tbone.
Please, please Miss Tbone can he come out to play?
Oh right thats your first work day. Can't wait till end of Jan when our schedules are almost identical.

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 28, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Ok ladies and germs. Just checked the ice at tabor and the thickness is awesome, 8-10 inches. But there is about 4 inches of slush on top. Like every other lake ive been at this year.. What up with that. So bring some snow shoes or something to stand on. Im also lookin for someone that has a mega phone if possible and a couple volunteers to help drill some holes in the AM.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 28, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Ok ladies and germs. Just checked the ice at tabor and the thickness is awesome, 8-10 inches. But there is about 4 inches of slush on top. Like every other lake ive been at this year.. What up with that. So bring some snow shoes or something to stand on. Im also lookin for someone that has a mega phone if possible and a couple volunteers to help drill some holes in the AM.

Got any volunteers that can go out the day or two before and run the snowmachines over the area? They did that once in a derby I went to in Manitoba. Just selected an area and drove 4 machines in a grid covering all the 800 meter X 800 meter area. The snow pushed down into the slush and the next day it was hard packed with no slush. That area was for 4500 holes. Obviously the area would be alot smaller for this event. Dan must know some lads in the neighbourhood that could help with this fun chore?

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2009, 01:40 AM »
Great idea terry, jeff and I were just talking about the very same thing. So if your reading this tabordan, get that sled running some grid patterns.

Offline Mrs. Tyee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Right on! Only a couple weekends away. Sounds like you guys are putting a lot of effort into preparing for this event. Should be a great time for some ice fishing fun! I can't wait :)
BC Girls Rock!

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Bad news every one. The ice has continued to rot at tabor lake and has found several sleds and a couple people punching thru. So i dont think it will be very safe for our outing. If anyone has any ideas as to where we can move it to, im all ears. I really would rather not have to cancell.
SC

Offline Mrs. Tyee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Bad news every one. The ice has continued to rot at tabor lake and has found several sleds and a couple people punching thru. So i dont think it will be very safe for our outing. If anyone has any ideas as to where we can move it to, im all ears. I really would rather not have to cancell.
SC

What about Eena Lake? Would the ice be thicker on a smaller lake. Although, I wonder how many people are going? Eena has easy access too.
BC Girls Rock!

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:11 PM »
According to the sign up sheet. 40Plus familys..So could be a bunch. I dont mind eena. Does anyone have a precise measurement on the ice there and the slush facttor

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:15 PM »
Definately be warmer on Eena if its windy.

Offline Kstar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:11 AM »
We were at Eena on the 22nd and there was a good 8 ". Slush was about 2-3" on top, only in certain areas. It was quite the work out with the skis. There was a sled out that day too, he didn't have any issues. Hoping for some cold weather to keep Tabor Lake solid!
Casting flies, telling lies ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.