Author Topic: name and password pop-up anyone else see this??  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
name and password pop-up anyone else see this??
« on: Feb 17, 2004, 08:01 PM »
Hey guys, I have been getting alot of this pop-up  enter name and password....just wondering if it is just me or not...and then when I hit back it takes me to the home page of the site.....
Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Re: name and password pop-up anyone else see this??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2004, 08:09 PM »
What do you have your log on time set at? Did you change the security setting on your PC? If so, you might not be allowing the "cookies" on your PC to keep you logged in.

Just a thought.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2004, 08:21 PM »
its for the sharemation pictures, i think you have to be a member of sharemation to veiw the pictures or something

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Hi...Logon time??  Security setting??  whhhaaaaatttttt???...LOL...I will check this out.  I NEVER had this happen BEFORE the lastest big update....thanks for the ideas though...I will check...

Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline happy_hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2004, 09:16 PM »
It just started doing it to me when I went on this morning.  I just clicked the close box.  It hasn't happened yet tonight. ::)

Offline Colorado_Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • :-)Reader Beware(-:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2004, 10:08 PM »
Cook078,

fishermanjake nailed this one. :)  Don't change your browser settings.

When a member here uses www.sharemation.com for pictures and does not change the permissions to make his/her photos _Shared_ and _Public_ then this dialogue box will result when loading an icesanty.com page containing links to those pictures.

This accounts for a posting that is supposed to contain (an) image(s) and doesn't. If you use Sharemation, please check your settings there. ;)

See the step by step "Picture posting "HOW TO" by Mugz" if you need the specifics, at:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=5732

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job." ~Paul Schullery

Offline nehusker13

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2004, 05:00 AM »
this has been happening to me a lot as well... you are not alone...i just keep clicking cancel.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:14 AM »
Sharemation is a pain in the rear. When a user forgets to make their pictures public or exceeds their time allotment on the site, the log in prompt starts popping up to any one attempting to view their pictures.

If you use Sharemation for your avitar (forum profile) picture it is viewed by everyone who visits any thread you've posted to on IceShanty.

Switch your avitar pictures to either;

www.photobucket.com
or
www.mysticcolorlab.com

They're both free and VERY user friendly. I've been trying Mystic for a while and it seems to be the better of the 2.

Need any help? Please feel free to contact me.
RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:03 AM »
This is the second  day it's been happening to me...I can't look at the site at all without signing in.  Sharemation's all enabled, the security settings on our 'puter are the same and it says the cookies are fine.  ??? ??? ???  I did notice at first that for a little while, most of the avatars haven't been displayed when I wasn't signed in.  If it's sharemation's bug how could it effect ice shanty's accessability?
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

bed bug

« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:11 AM »
buzzbomb ya took da word right outa me throat how could another site want your info and when signed in on another what does close mean anyhow when im signed out i get the pop up pain in the you know what?

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:16 AM »
I didn't mean the sharemation pop-up, though that happen once in awhile too...I mean an ice shanty form stating that the site isn't accessable unless  signed in.  Sometimes it's hard to sign out of sharemation (here too) but that's what the 80 min timer's for, right?
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2004, 07:42 AM »
The only pop up i'm getting is the sharemation one.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2004, 08:05 AM »
Sorry buzzbomb,
That sounds like a cookie problem on your end. I suggest you contact ADMIN for help.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline trapperjon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hard Water-Happy
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2004, 05:58 PM »
RG, I also get it for short time after I view a picture, nothing terrible and this box is clean.
Almost like they're looking for more users.
trapperjon
40 yrs. And still on an ice fishin' mission!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.