New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Whitney Point Lake Bs thread  (Read 102219 times)

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Whitney Point Lake Bs thread
« Reply #390 on: Feb 11, 2017, 07:14 AM »
I have to call BS on the fishing a place out theory - So when you watch 900 fish ignore your offering on the VEX you think there is some guy who can catch 800 of them? Not a chance. There is no bite hot enough (especially at WP) to clean a place out. You would have to be there all day and all night, all winter.... Just not happening. Other factors may come into play, but being wiped out by world class fisherman aint one of them
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline FingerLaker607

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #391 on: Feb 11, 2017, 11:53 AM »
It's not B's bud...With the increase in pressure, especially on smaller bodies of water, it is possible and easy at times to hammer the quality breeding classes if fish. Ever been on a hot prespawn bite for bass or crappie. I have, and I'm not a very good angler. If you didn't obey the laws you could easily walk away with 100s ...That IS happening. Theres no debate. There's a reason that so many of the reports these days are talking about dink fish on so many of our lakes and ponds. A select but of unethical, immoral folks are crushing these fisheries, and far to few understand basic ecology...

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #392 on: Feb 11, 2017, 12:55 PM »
It's not B's bud...With the increase in pressure, especially on smaller bodies of water, it is possible and easy at times to hammer the quality breeding classes if fish. Ever been on a hot prespawn bite for bass or crappie. I have, and I'm not a very good angler. If you didn't obey the laws you could easily walk away with 100s ...That IS happening. Theres no debate. There's a reason that so many of the reports these days are talking about dink fish on so many of our lakes and ponds. A select but of unethical, immoral folks are crushing these fisheries, and far to few understand basic ecology...

Eh....Maybe a farm pond. Not on 1,773 acres.
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline cdhooksup

• IceShanty Rookie
whitney point
« Reply #393 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:00 PM »
What are the current conditions on whitney point regarding snow/slush on the ice

Offline cdhooksup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #394 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:02 PM »
How is the snow/slush situation out there

Offline monkeyyboness

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kill it and grill it
« Reply #395 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:07 PM »
How is the snow/slush situation out there

Not bad at all,Ice is turning white about 7 " where I am now
If you ain't reading the menu your probably on it! Eat or be eaten

Offline cdhooksup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #396 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:10 PM »
You near the islands or the pond

Offline monkeyyboness

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kill it and grill it
« Reply #397 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Where the walleye are :tipup:

Offline cdhooksup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #398 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:13 PM »
They are everywhere plannin to be there tomorrow near the farther island just tryin to figure out what to expect especially with a bunch more snow forecasted tomorrow

Offline monkeyyboness

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kill it and grill it
« Reply #399 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Right now the walking  isn't bad at all  no slush about 3" of snow in most spots

Offline cdhooksup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #400 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Ok thank you man much appreciated

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #401 on: Feb 11, 2017, 07:01 PM »
I have to call BS on the fishing a place out theory - So when you watch 900 fish ignore your offering on the VEX you think there is some guy who can catch 800 of them? Not a chance. There is no bite hot enough (especially at WP) to clean a place out. You would have to be there all day and all night, all winter.... Just not happening. Other factors may come into play, but being wiped out by world class fisherman aint one of them

I got to agree with you on this one 100% my "opinion"  it's easier to blame the phantom unethical non sporting  bad guys  then to simply admit you can't catch a cold in a rain storm much less a bunch of fish ...which I remind  you are  one  step above weeds on the  evolutionary scale.....there is no mystery group of guys   going around with a gps and  vexlar taking your fish .....you just need to fish a bit more  ....my advice  stop making excuses and looking for phantom bad guys, your time could be spent much better learning new and better  techniques

Offline FingerLaker607

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #402 on: Feb 12, 2017, 06:30 AM »
I've been on this site long enough to see a pattern here. ANYTIME the topic of of overharvesting and the impact it has on our fisheries comes up, Trapper, the president of the flat earth society, is all over whoever posts. Attacking their intelligence, their fishing ability, and anything else he can come up with. Keep your head in that warm comfortable sand buddy. Do you honestly believe humans don't know t the environment or our resources? I have kids and I'm concerned about the future. I'm not wearing a tin foil hat and making up conspiracies. This cautionary post came from actual knowledge and facts, and the concern is based on basic science. Guilty conscious dude?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #403 on: Feb 12, 2017, 08:03 AM »
wait a minute .........

your  quote.... there's an organized group of "fisherman" in the region who are going from lake to lake and wiping out the fisheries.  It's pretty sick what a little research, GPS, and modern technology can do. You find the right spots and have the right gear and no morals, you can totally clean out a lake or pond. The DEC is aware, they just haven't caught up to them just yet.

do you honestly believe that ?  then prove it  list the sources and  DEC officers that are working on this .....  because  region 7  sure knows nothing about it..... 

further more  there are those that swear that they had encounters  with bigfoot  UFOs or a  shooter on the grass knoll ,I don't believe in them either ...........

Offline monkeyyboness

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kill it and grill it
« Reply #404 on: Feb 12, 2017, 08:08 AM »
They must be reallyyyyyyyy good fisherman  can someone get me there spot and pm GPS coordinates that has to be a good bite!

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #405 on: Feb 12, 2017, 11:24 AM »
 The highly organized group of anglers aren't showing at WP this year. The derby was cancelled. Just the ring leaders are having a meeting.  :woot:

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #406 on: Feb 12, 2017, 11:45 AM »
M-bones, I think I walked past you yesterday evening , trying the evening/ night bite. Did ok on the crappie not the eyes though. Little Slam caught a few absolute slabs... One 15" pig. But not big numbers of them though. Perfect conditions last night. Had fun. Res certainly has been an adventure this year.  Wish I brought 4 wheeler, but shore ice was little sketchy and slushy. Good luck all.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline monkeyyboness

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kill it and grill it
« Reply #407 on: Feb 12, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Yea you probably did I was after them eyes I didn't mess with the crappie yesterday. It was slow most of the day, but did well in the end biggest was 28" she went back.

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #408 on: Feb 12, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Just wondering if jigging raps r the go too jigs those eyes I've been there several times this year and only got a handful of eyes about 6" no crappies and two perch the hardest lake I've ever fished and pointers would be greatly appreciated not looking to keep them just some pics and good times

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #409 on: Feb 12, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Yea you probably did I was after them eyes I didn't mess with the crappie yesterday. It was slow most of the day, but did well in the end biggest was 28" she went back.
Good size eye!!!  Congrats!  Share pics if you got any. Happy to hear she went back in.  Hopefully you got some other eaters. It seems it's either big or small and tough to get a limit of 18"-21". But you got a nice one, congrats again!! 
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #410 on: Feb 12, 2017, 06:14 PM »
are walleyes stocked on whitney every year?

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #411 on: Feb 13, 2017, 07:30 AM »
Any one interested in the meeting we will be starting on the old pond area at 6am.
PM me and I'll give you details.
Same as 2 years ago.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #412 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:10 AM »
Any one interested in the meeting we will be starting on the old pond area at 6am.
PM me and I'll give you details.
Same as 2 years ago.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Make that 3 years ago Sporty. 2 years ago we had a derby.

Offline SPN1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #413 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:38 AM »
are walleyes stocked on whitney every year?

No Trapper,  they have not been stocked in 20 yrs or more.  I forget when Dave told me they stopped..... all natural production now and way better than the past!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #414 on: Feb 13, 2017, 12:08 PM »
I didn't now that spn ,that's  cool that they are doing well

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #415 on: Feb 13, 2017, 03:03 PM »
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Make that 3 years ago Sporty. 2 years ago we had a derby.

Ah ya that's right you coming out Al ?
What's for lunch.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #416 on: Feb 13, 2017, 06:25 PM »
I may make an appearance.  ;D liquid lunch?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #417 on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:57 AM »
I'll bring the venacin Italian sausage if al is cooking

Offline H2O-32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #418 on: Feb 14, 2017, 07:02 AM »
I have it on good authority that there's an organized group of "fisherman" in the region who are going from lake to lake and wiping out the fisheries....
Organized? That rules out anyone from this site.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #419 on: Feb 14, 2017, 07:50 AM »
I guess I might have to come down sat myself and keep al and big guy separated ......geeez

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.