Author Topic: Coming to anchorage in April.  (Read 1521 times)

Offline fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
Coming to anchorage in April.
« on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Hello, I hope I'm coming to Anchorage in April for the sports show. Much ice fishing still going on? And where would you suggest?

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Coming to anchorage in April.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Should be plenty of ice.  Where do go depends on what you want to fish for and if you have a machine to get to and from around the lakes.  How far would you be willing to travel?

Offline kwackkillncrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2018, 12:23 PM »
I would think there would be plenty of ice on the anchorage lakes still. Lots of Stocked rainbows/char to catch. Pike action should start picking up as it gets closer to spawning. closest place from anchorage would be fire like in eagle river. Lots of lakes in wasilla/palmer/willow with stocker rainbows and char as well
I will never be a "Prostaffer" because I dont pimp products fo free

Offline fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2018, 11:54 PM »
Awesome!!  Thanks guys!  80% chance I have to cancle and postpone for next year! Some of the other guys are still going to the show, but they aren't fishermen, let alone ice.  2 ways I would love to go and I'm split! #1 chase something that is unique to alaska
#2 ho whack some big alaska pike.

Offline kwackkillncrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Big pike on the road system around anchorage to willow can be tough to find.  A few guys get some biggins ever year but i think they are tough to come by.  Even some of the lakes that we snowmachine out to the average size pike is only 27-30 Inches.  If your looking to get something unique to alaska the best guarantee would be to go hunt down some char/dollies. i know a few lakes in anchorage get stocked with 4-5 pound char early in the year so i am sure there are a few of those lurking around.   
I will never be a "Prostaffer" because I dont pimp products fo free

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.