Author Topic: Lower SkilaK?  (Read 631 times)

Offline KenaiHardH2O

• IceShanty Rookie
Lower SkilaK?
« on: Jan 19, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Has anyone been on Lower Skilak since last weekends rain?  When we left Saturday night there was standing water on top of the ice and the wind was blowing the collected rain water across the top of the ice.

Ice was about 14-15 inches and solid at the start of the day. Top started getting a little mushy by the end of the day.

Any info appreciated.   

Offline KenaiHardH2O

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lower SkilaK?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Well I will answer myself.   :)

On Sunday the 20th, we went back to Lower Skilak and found that the ice had refrozen with some snow accumulation on top so it was not bad traction wise. Ice was a good 10-12" in most spots.  We were the only folks there, but there had been some snow machine activity recently.

Fishing was slow. Iced 3 lakers and one rainbow all of avergae size.

With this weeks cooler temperatures it should be good ice for this weekend.

Offline evilsnipe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Well, it's all over but the cryin'.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2013, 03:12 AM »
Man, I was a little bummed out to be spending all these weeks down here in the Valley of the Sun and missing all the great fishing. However, sounds like with all your warn weather I'm not missing much yet. Thanks for giving us the report on the lower lake. Have you been out on Hidden at all yet?

I'll be back home on the 20th of feb hopefully you will leave some for me to try and catch!

Offline love em and leave em II

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:26 AM »
 I was out there during the warm spell. there was 2" of water all over ,43 degrees ,100mph wind. we caught 3 lakers 1 about 12" and 2 about 16" .hitting big lake today. got skunked at big lake last night. :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.