Author Topic: Jigging Raps for Gills  (Read 1951 times)

Offline TipupMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Jigging Raps for Gills
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Do you guys get alot of gills on small raps? I bought a Blue and Silver one and a Perch one. I gonna pick up another gold one or another color. I got the smallest ones like 1 1/4 inch.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jigging Raps for Gills
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:29 PM »
I got into some giant bulls a couple days ago and had iced quite a few so it was time to play,I tied on the smallest they make and on 4  drops I hooked 4 but lost everyone at the hole,two where lost because the front hook caught the ice,one around the ducer,and one ust fell off and flopped back in the hole.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:31 AM »
i've had hits but nothings hooking ???

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Have a super clear lake with good 'gills where the standard approach was MICRO baits and decided to look for it's nice Crappies and Perch one day. Tied on a small Rap and started taking the Bull 'gills consistently, been doing it ever since. Have found on other lakes that the bigger 'gills aren't the least bit shy of taking a Rap, especially when out and away from the flats. Sorta makes sense to us, a minnow is a simple easy nice meal for the big boys and they are out there looking for something easy that's not necessarily up shallow

Offline wi iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Hey it's sunny out!"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2009, 08:38 AM »
That sounds like a pretty good idea!!  ;D I got a real small blue and sliver one that would work.
Ice is on the lake so we're goin' fishin'!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.