The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: 20 degreeeeeeeees  (Read 4483 times)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 20 degreeeeeeeees
« Reply #30 on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:40 PM »
studs will save your butt when the roads are packed to a glare ice! 4wd or not. it doesnt mean crap on the slick stuff! studs will make the difference of getting up a icy hill or not. i pray they dont ban studs. with todays lightweight p'ups you need studs and some extra weight more now than ever to keep you on the road up here.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #31 on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:47 PM »
studs will save your butt when the roads are packed to a glare ice! 4wd or not. it doesnt mean crap on the slick stuff! studs will make the difference of getting up a icy hill or not. i pray they dont ban studs. with todays lightweight p'ups you need studs and some extra weight more now than ever to keep you on the road up here.
I agree with you 100 % but just the law makers in wisconsin and michigan would lisen to you guys out there. The only thing they think of is that they wear the road out faster.
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:49 PM »
believe me...it aint the studs hurt'in the pa roads.... ;) ;D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Oct 30, 2007, 11:25 AM »
If I could afford them Id even have all 4 of thx trucks done too!    wouldnt have to use 4 wheel drive as much
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.