New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Paradox question  (Read 1107 times)

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
Paradox question
« on: Feb 06, 2024, 08:53 AM »
We have a house rented on Paradox 2/16-2/19 in deeper basin. Does anybody know if we will be able to get on the ice?   We are trying n southern shore near the mouth of Smith Bay.
Any information greatly appreciated.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Paradox question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2024, 11:29 AM »
i think you'd be better off going to a psychic then asking any of us ....... no would would have believed this years weather

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2024, 06:06 PM »
For what it's worth, I drove the entire length of the lake from Schroon lake on Jan. 28 and the entire lake was frozen, I did not see any open water. I have never fished in that deeper part of the lake. On that day we fished the shallower east lobe of the lake and there was easily 12 inches of ice there.

Unless there is some unusually strong springs or current in the deeper part of the lake, I would guess the ice there was plenty safe on Jan. 28, and probably at least 8 inches thick. By the time your rental happens in a couple of weeks, you should not have to worry about the thickness of the ice anywhere on that lake, with the possible exception of right in the narrows.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Ms191

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2024, 08:51 PM »
I drove through the state boat launch yesterday. There were a few people out there fishing.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2024, 05:28 AM »
You guys are awesome, giving us confidence that we will have some solid ice to fish.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2024, 06:08 AM »
Replied to your PM. Let us know how the fishing was after your trip.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2024, 06:09 AM »
You’ll have solid ice

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2024, 06:02 AM »
The trip was very fun indeed. The ice was solid, 14” in east basin and 10” on western basin.  Fishing was not good at all. Friday afternoon, in front of rental, zero fish. 
The next day, we fished a point. 8 guys fishing hard. My son caught two pickerel ato 25” each. 
Then we teied other lakes in the area.  Found safe ice everywhere we looked for it.
Thanks to you NY guys! 

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2024, 08:37 AM »
Sorry it wasn’t good for you guys glad you made it up tho

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2024, 09:17 AM »
The trip was very fun indeed. The ice was solid, 14” in east basin and 10” on western basin.  Fishing was not good at all. Friday afternoon, in front of rental, zero fish. 
The next day, we fished a point. 8 guys fishing hard. My son caught two pickerel ato 25” each. 
Then we teied other lakes in the area.  Found safe ice everywhere we looked for it.
Thanks to you NY guys!

Glad to hear you had a productive trip Scott!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.