Author Topic: Sled repair on older frabil ranger  (Read 1646 times)

slabs-ia

Sled repair on older frabil ranger
« on: Dec 06, 2003, 01:22 PM »
Need some help on my old 1 man frabil sled(actually its more of a tub) anyway it has worn through and id like some ideas on how to patch it then ill try and find some type of runner to prolong it ,its the deep tub model that doesnt look like a sled really ,any help is much appreciated ,i just dont want to retire this beast yet ,thanks ,Slabs

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re:Sled repair on older frabil ranger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2003, 08:00 PM »
I repaired an old FishTrap for a friend of mine. The way I did it was with edgeing, hot glue and a RotoZip. I smoothed out the edges of the damaged area using the RotoZip - could use a jigsaw or something similar. I cut the plastic edgeing material - the stiff,sectional pound in type - using tin snips. I cut the pieces so it would overlap the hole by about 3/4" on all sides - from the inside. After I dry tested the pieces (on the inside) I put a bead of hot melt glue (made for plastic) around the edges of the hole and held the patch piece in place for a minute or so. I then cut pieces to fit the hole (from the outside) and glued in place.
It was quick , easy and held for two seasons - that's when he upgraded to the FT Pro.     Good luck ! ;)
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2003, 11:28 PM »
Need some help on my old 1 man frabil sled(actually its more of a tub) anyway it has worn through and id like some ideas on how to patch it then ill try and find some type of runner to prolong it ,its the deep tub model that doesnt look like a sled really ,any help is much appreciated ,i just dont want to retire this beast yet ,thanks ,Slabs

I would use some Marine-Tex and fiberglass cloth. You can find it at a Boating Supply store.
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2003, 05:24 PM »
I used aluminum flat bar 1/8 X 3" wide, I picked it up at my local steel supplier for $5. I countersunk the holes, and put it over the runners on my Fish Trap Guide. This should work for you.

Offline zakker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sled repair on older frabil ranger
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2004, 09:33 PM »
I know this is old, but if anyone else encounters the problem. Ultra High Molecular Weight UHMW plastic strips, 2in wide, however the length. 6 screws countersunk each "ski"  surface. Years more of life. You can the plastic at any bulk plastics supplier.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.