Author Topic: Poor Customer Sservice from Otter Outdoors  (Read 1739 times)

jimbo40

Poor Customer Sservice from Otter Outdoors
« on: Dec 06, 2004, 01:02 PM »
Otter makes a good product but when something is wrong or you try to get service they are awful.  I would definately buy from another company before I would buy from Otter Outdoors again.  I hope this helps prevent any more bad experiences.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
Re: Poor Customer Sservice from Otter Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2004, 02:58 PM »
What were the circumstances? 
Chris Raymond

jimbo40

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Poles not fitting like they should, trying to find a bench seat in the  Milwaukee/Waukesha area with the dealer's listed no stock anywhere.  It seemed like they just didn't care.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2004, 08:50 AM »
Poles not fitting like they should, trying to find a bench seat in the  Milwaukee/Waukesha area with the dealer's listed no stock anywhere.  It seemed like they just didn't care.

Gotcha, thanks.  I hope they ended up saying they would send you new pieces that fit correctly.  As much as these things cost, especially with their ala cart pricing, they don't need to hang things up with poor customer service. 

I too had a customer service item but they solved it better than your situation.  I just received a couple of their rod holders and one packet didn't have the mounting bracket.  I called them to have a new bracket sent and they were apologetic and prompt in getting me the missing piece. 
Chris Raymond

jimbo40

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Nope, they reccomended me using sheet metal screws to keep them together.  They said they would send some never did and have blown me off 3x's.  They must be hitting the chicks in the catalog too much to care about the biz or Customers.  For the prices they charge they sure are a low end operation.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Nope, they reccomended me using sheet metal screws to keep them together.  They said they would send some never did and have blown me off 3x's.  They must be hitting the chicks in the catalog too much to care about the biz or Customers.  For the prices they charge they sure are a low end operation.

I'd give them another wack and let them know that you participate on an Internet bulletin board(s) that has 1000's of participants and you'll post their resolution attempts.  Not that it should take any of this kind of stuff.  Keep pushing to get new replacements.  Involve the dealer you purchased it from if you think that would help, talk with the Otter owner if the problem seems to be lower than that, etc.  Whatever it takes. 

I'm disappointed to hear this of a company that seems to have a higher end product and seemingly proud of it considering their pricing. 
Chris Raymond

jimbo40

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2004, 12:52 PM »
3X'S by email and 2X's by phone is enough for me.  These jerks sent me a catalog to order parts after the first email and call!  No letter either, bad news.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.