Author Topic: fish trap tarp repair?  (Read 2340 times)

aquafang

fish trap tarp repair?
« on: Dec 01, 2004, 05:03 AM »
I just got a used fish trap that has a burn hole about 1" by 1/4" inch and a tear about 1" long.  What are some suggestions to fix these?  I was thinking of stitching the tear with fishing line but thought covering it also with some type of adhesive patch would be good also for both holes.  Any suggestions???

Thanks.

MN_transplant

Re: fish trap tarp repair?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2004, 05:07 AM »
Bicycle tire repair kits work well. Available at your local sporting goods and hardware store.

Offline joekrz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CONSCIOUSNESS: The annoying time between fishing
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2004, 06:27 AM »
Duct Tape!!!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2004, 06:54 AM »
I accidently burned a small hole in mine 10 years ago and patched with duct tape. I haven't had to replace the duct tape yet!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2004, 07:15 AM »
If you contact Clam they will send you a piece of material for a patch. I found that Beacon Fabri-Tac adhesive works well. I would patch it inside and out using the Fabri-Tac and you can also stitch it for added strength. ;)
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline dldeadstick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NW Angle Blizzard
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2004, 08:15 AM »
I found a roll of blue material at a surplus store that worked for patching (I think it may even be ice armour) and used "tear grease", a heavy adhesive, to patch it on.  It lasted for about 2 years before it started to give a bit (but I have discontinued that shanty now anyways) in the extreme cold and wind one day.  This pic shows you how it looked somewhat (you can see the blue patch on the black fishhouse in the lower righthand corner).  Nice thing was it required no stitching at all.

Offline Lonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2004, 03:27 PM »
Try the new silver reflector tape, its very sticky and made of a cloth material.  It will cover the hole, plus clam claims the ice armor frabric doesn't ripe or run.

Good luck, Lonzo   :tipup: 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.