Author Topic: Ski Runners/Shanty  (Read 2187 times)

Offline oldstuff

• IceShanty Rookie
Ski Runners/Shanty
« on: Nov 11, 2004, 07:43 PM »
?- Have an old pair of waxable downhill ski's on bottom of fishtrap shanty to make it easier to pull in snow.  If you have ever done any cross country skiing with waxable ski's you will have snow depending on temp and amount of wax or lack of on the ski's sticking to bottom and make gliding difficult.  My thought was to try mounting a pair of waxless cross country skis on the old shack this year to see if it would be easier to pull. The only diff is that the waxless cross country skis are a lot narrower than reg downhill ski's  and more bowed which may make them more difficult to mount compared to the flatter downhill ski's. Anyone tried this with any degree of success?  Thanks!

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ski Runners/Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2004, 07:44 PM »
yeah my buddy did that to his.It works quite well till the snow gets deep and the ski's can't support the weight of the sled or slush builds up on the ski's and freezes.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline oldstuff

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ski Runners/Shanty
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2004, 06:50 PM »
Polar,
Thanks for your reply. Will probably just keep the skis I have on the shack as is.  At least it cuts down on wear and tear on the bottom when pulling the shack over rocks and across the hwy. 

All the best

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.