Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Rathbun  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Plan B

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Rathbun
« on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:49 PM »
Have not seen a post on it this year. Anyone been there? How much ice?

Offline Seanndenise

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Rathbun
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2016, 04:12 PM »
They keep their mouth shut on that lake, if fish are being caught in iowa you can bet theyre biting on rathbun and from all this silence you can bet theyre bitin :)

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2016, 08:11 PM »
And you can bet there's 0 ice I'm 45 miles east on 34 and we're even done on small ponds .....but it is true those guys are quite about that lake

Offline Centervillecory

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:20 PM »
The crappies are biting at South Fork boat launch access. Work around the brush piles if you know where they are. If you don't, then good luck or look to see where others have set up their shacks. The point straight across from the boat launch has a brush pile on it. On the same side as the boat launch to the right out towards the main lake has several brush piles on it. Look for clues and you should do pretty good. The slabs are there, just keep fishing and don't settle down in one place. My recommendation is to go out in the summer in a boat if you can and have a decent down/side imaging sonar and find those piles and mark them so you can go back on the ice. Oh yeah, theres plenty of ice too, enough for a quad.

Offline cropee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:25 AM »
I second that the main lake points with brush piles good also. My utv been going out for over 2 weeks. 10 - 12" ice most places

Offline Plan B

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Thanks for the report Centervillecory, will try to get down there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.