Author Topic: Miss(ed) Walleye!!  (Read 3446 times)

grumpymoe

Miss(ed) Walleye!!
« on: Feb 12, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Had a wee bit of time today to get some  ::) fishing in today. Joined by Reelmaster and his girlfriend Miss Walleye....aka Jennifer  Generally very slow....2 other walleye caught in our vicinity...reports of little to no action...even bites...so when things are terrible, leave it to the Pro to show everyone up. She caught this beauty at 19 1/2"....just enough for a pose and pic and mandatory release....The rest of us just yakked about how great the weather was...fingers crossed hoping we could show Jennifer up....it was not to be...she scored the only fish and Reelmaster, Mountainmama and I got the big ZERO....late breakfast didnt help things....a little visiting with the neighbor....quite an interesting shanty...made out of a round bale feeder.....plywood covered walls....and get this...a scrap aluminum satellite dish for a roof....ingenuity at its best....and roomy too!!!...enjoy...Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ...................... ......the last pic is what the rest of us did to pass the time....look...hope... and run out of hope....Grump :unsure:                               

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Miss(ed) Walleye!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:04 PM »
That's a keeper! ;D
The ice looks thick, you might need BigRed's famously long Nils Master... :P

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Hey reelmaster, how long does it take to land one of those???? Man, the taxidermest would pay you!!!!!!!!!

billybono

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:37 PM »
man that is an awesome shack!!!!!!! great job

billybono

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Pasquatch- I believe the Super Nils belongs to Bob D. (AKA Esox).

-Zach

Oh yeah, nice fish! Man, that is some sort of awesome shanty you have there Grump!

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:51 PM »
Pasquatch- I believe the Super Nils belongs to Bob D. (AKA Esox).

-Zach

Oh yeah, nice fish! Man, that is some sort of awesome shanty you have there Grump!
I know Bob D has the giant Nils, but Big Red had a few posts talking about how his Nils was too big... ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Hey Grump...at least it was a nice day to be out...so your luck hasn't been changing for the better I guess...the fish gods must have seen what you pulled up last winter and figured it was time to even things out on average  ;D  Was that seat in the round shack the third row from a van?  Good idea if it's just sitting around.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Grump and Mountain Mama Are the greatest. We Had an awesome time with laughs had by all. The hospitality was ***** with breakfast ready as we got there and not to mention the special coffees. ;D. We had a blast and Hopefully we can do it again soon. Oh ya and miss walleye is still rubbing it in. :%$#!: Oh well. Boy do I ever stink. Weres that pesky skunk.  Oh well. It will take a while before she lets me forget that we didnt get any fish.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2005, 10:07 PM »
Miss walleye you rock :bow: :bow: :bow:  Hey reelmaster you have met the great grumpymoe and mountain mama. What a great couple eh 8) 8) 8) Man your neighbors shack rocks. Glad to see you guy's had a great time. Are you heading out again tommorrow???
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2005, 10:21 PM »
It was a great mid-winter day to be out!  Miss walleye, that's a beauty fish, it looks almost as green as a red river greenback.  It's also nice to see that you can drive a car on the ice there.  Gull Harbour today had drifts about 2 - 2 1/2 feet high that are blown rock hard.  At least they were easy to walk on.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Miss walleye you rock :bow: :bow: :bow:  Hey reelmaster you have met the great grumpymoe and mountain mama. What a great couple eh 8) 8) 8) Man your neighbors shack rocks. Glad to see you guy's had a great time. Are you heading out again tommorrow???

I'm getting a theme here.. Big Walleye-Miss Walleye ;D You would make a Walleye killing team buddy!!!!!! ;D

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Ya but I think the great reelmaster would have something to say about that. ;) ;)

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2005, 10:32 AM »
And Big Walleye was named for his size and his propensity for consuming walleye...not necessarily his catching ability  ;)  ;D  I really shouldn't say anything as infrequently as I get out and actually ice fish.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Ouch thriller ouch  ;D ;D ;D I owe you one. ;) ;)

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2005, 08:55 PM »
nice walleye

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.