The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2 Man Flip Shanty  (Read 1724 times)

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
2 Man Flip Shanty
« on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:24 AM »
I ordered a new shanty before Christmas and they just told me today that it is now back-ordered. They don't know when they will be getting more in, so I cancelled my order. Really throwing a wrench in my fishing plans.

Anybody see any good 2 man flip models anywhere locally? I called around a bit and it seems like they are hard to come by right now. I live in Charlotte but don't mind traveling a bit to pick one up. I am going to do some more calling after work, was really hoping to get out on Sunday.

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
Re: 2 Man Flip Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:33 AM »
That happened when I ordered a blue suit last spring decided to go with a frabill after that
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Honest_John

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:36 AM »
There are a couple on craigslist right now.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Maybe give dockside a call or dicks.
Wright's don't sell them?
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Dockside will most likely order it for ya they got me a hydro glow last year when I asked
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Maybe give dockside a call or dicks.
Wright's don't sell them?

Going to give Dockside and George over at Big River a call in a bit here to see what they have around. Dicks didn't seem to have any 2 man ones. But the kid I was talking to didn't know much about it so I might need to swing over there.

Offline fishermarsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:51 AM »
Rack and Reel down in New Haven has some set up out in front of their place.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Definitely give George a call.

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Sportsman classic will be coming right up here bet you could get a deal on one there!
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:57 PM »
Depending on where you are located, Runnings in Claremont, NH has Otter flip overs.

Offline Shawndale1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:04 PM »
From what I’ve heard the place that buys perch up in St Albans has a good selection of shanties. Just passing on what I’ve heard but don’t know who that is....

Offline Shawndale1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:05 PM »
From what I’ve heard the place that buys perch up in St Albans has a good selection of shanties. Just passing on what I’ve heard but don’t know who that is....

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Bay store and bay side bait are two different places, Bay side buys perch, Bay store sells some shanties and fishing gear.

Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:43 PM »
They had a Clam Nanook on display last time I was there. Nice flip for the price.

Offline Nthaburgh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2018, 09:12 PM »
Try Lakeshore Hardware in Mallets Bay. Just just bought my new popup there. Was on sale for cheaper than I could find it online.
"I've come to know the cold...I think of it as home" -G&R

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Rack and reel in new haven have a few displayed right now. Great people and convineiently located. Also as someone else mentioned George at big river bait and tackle in st George. Couldn’t find a nicer guy and has always treated me and my friends very well.

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:23 PM »
Dicks had an Eskimo on display in December and was their only one, said it would take a month before new ones came in. So, I got it 30% off with the floor model discount. Your best bet is to go to Dockside or Bayside and order one. If you get it online, you'll get killed in shipping. 

Offline Jig60389

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2018, 03:59 PM »
I just purchased a Shappell Bay Runner 2 at the St Albans bay store this week. He had at least one more left. He has various manufacturer and models in stock and some are set up in the store. As well as a complete line of ice fishing equipment. Worth the trip.  :tipup:

How do you like the bay runner 2?

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:00 PM »
I was just at Dick's this evening and their ice fishing supplies are pitiful this year. It's like they just went with whatever they had leftover from last year. If you're looking for a "bucket loo" then they've got you covered, but for the things ice fishermen are usually after, they are pretty thin right now. :(
May the fish be with you.

Randy

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:04 AM »
Thanks everyone. Did some digging and was able to find an Eskimo Sierra Thermal at Dick's SG. They have two of the non-thermal models left in case anyone else is looking.

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2018, 03:47 PM »
I was just at Dick's this evening and their ice fishing supplies are pitiful this year. It's like they just went with whatever they had leftover from last year. If you're looking for a "bucket loo" then they've got you covered, but for the things ice fishermen are usually after, they are pretty thin right now. :(

Went there before first ice in December and they had everything. As soon as ice reports started coming out, I went back and nothing. Still the same a month later. Shop local.

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2018, 07:33 PM »
Went there before first ice in December and they had everything. As soon as ice reports started coming out, I went back and nothing. Still the same a month later. Shop local.

Prefer to shop local, but Dick's is a lot easier to get to than others, so I do end up there sometimes.
May the fish be with you.

Randy

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:17 AM »
Prefer to shop local, but Dick's is a lot easier to get to than others, so I do end up there sometimes.

I tried to keep it local but I couldn't track down a 2 man thermal flip anywhere. I do agree with others here, it was my first time in there this year and their ice fishing inventory was terrible. Plus you can stand there all day and nobody will help you. Employees saw me looking at the shanty and would walk in the opposite direction. I had to go to the front of the store and get someone so I could buy it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.