The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Fishing T.V. Shows  (Read 2101 times)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Ice Fishing T.V. Shows
« on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:15 AM »
I was talking with someone at scheels a while back and he was saying he watches a fishing show that this guy fishes lakes in wisconsin. Does any body know what this show is. And what other shows are there out there.

Offline mr_Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Ice Fishing T.V. Shows
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:48 AM »
its called water and woods its on at 9 o clock on sundays on chanel 31 (cable)

hope this helps
CoRy

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:58 AM »
Yes I think thats the one. Is it on any other channals I don't have cable

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:27 AM »
sat mornings @ 9:00 am on fox sports, best show on tv usally his shows are taped 2weeks before airing. also i think he likes beer because he seems sauced up.
IF YOUR NOT GOING TO EAT IT DON'T KEEP IT !

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:28 AM »
the full name of the show is John Gillespie water and woods.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2006, 03:01 PM »
packmann is correct - John LOVES his beer and it is more obvious when he is filming shows later in the day. They film their shows generally the week before it airs - for example - the show that ran today was filmed on Jan. 13th in ELY, MN.

As goofy as he gets sometimes he does a good job hiring guides that really know the area and how to fish, but he doesn't always say exactly what lake he is on. I am told by some of the people he fishes with the reason for it is he doesn't want to mislead the public because sometimes he has to hop around to different lakes to get enough action footage to put together an entire show so he will generalize his area by letting you know what area he is fishing in.

I also watched MidWest Outdoors today (on right after Waters and Woods) and they featured ice fishing - can't wait to join them instead of just watching on TV.

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2006, 09:06 AM »
i also think " fishing the wildside" has started to be come one of the better fishing shows. they are allot like the linder boys in my book. trying to teach tips and techniques. most of these shows just are showing you what they are catching and not so much of sharing knowledge. also thank you so much for the wonderfull wold of tvo. i worked 12hr shift yesterday and when i got home i was able to crack open a cold one and watch 7 diffrent icefishing tv shows. man i wish we had good ice.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2006, 10:51 AM »
packman do you have sat. or cable to get all them shows

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2006, 05:06 PM »
directv sat. dish . i personally think that the linders edge is the most informational tv show, and i save them i must have 30 episodes recorded and i just go back and watch them again for info

Offline gator_hunter71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tip Up!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:12 AM »
As goofy as he gets sometimes he does a good job hiring guides that really know the area and how to fish, but he doesn't always say exactly what lake he is on. I am told by some of the people he fishes with the reason for it is he doesn't want to mislead the public because sometimes he has to hop around to different lakes to get enough action footage to put together an entire show so he will generalize his area by letting you know what area he is fishing in.

I think another reason he doesn't give the exact location is because a few years ago he taped a show on a lake I fished on.
I wasn't out there that day, but the next weekend and for a while after the show aired the lake was HAMMERED! you couldn't even get a car in the parking lot at the launch. (It's a big parking lot) It looked like a huge jamboree, but not the fun kind. Maybe they stopped giving the lake names to curb the mass migration? I don't know if they care about this happening, but I imagine it happens alot and people get upset.
If you jig it...... They will come.

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2006, 04:09 PM »
get this last year a friend of mine and four of his buddies hired either gillespie or a guide that john was using and they had to sign waivers so they could be used in some of his footage on his show well john had 3 groups of guys on winnebago 15 guys plus guide plus john 1 fish great show. it just proves that even the best can have bad days
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.