The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where to go for some bluegill, perch, crappie in Wood Marathon Clark cty??  (Read 1230 times)

Offline bobfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Haven't ice fished for about 8 years, worked too much.  All excited, just bought an Otter Wilderness Walleye shelter package, fired up 10 year old auger used once, new line on ice rods, setting up depthfinder, having fun.  WHERE TO GO?? How to start, bait to have???  I used to fish the Big Eau Pleine flowage, caught some nice crappies sometimes, little perch, small northern and walleyes, saw a few real nice gamefish caught, but it is big and can be tought to figure out, closest to home for getting back into ice fishing?  Dexterville used ta caught some bluegills, not much size, wanted crappies, but didn't find them in the winter?  I fish the Wisconsin river at Nekoosa down to the top of Petenwell summer and do pretty good sometimes, where to start on Petenwell for crappie, bluegill, walleye, northern and how to fish them??  I have also fished DuBay a little in the summer, with limited success, where to start on DuBay for crappie, bluegill, walleye, northern and how to fish them?? After I get back into it, get equipment squared away, etc, I would go a little farther, like Chequamagon Waters flowage (something like that) west of medford, camped and fished summer caught crappies, bluegills, bass, northern, read it was good fishing.  Any pointers on where and how to start up, and maybe actually catch something??  Thanks a lot in advance

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.