The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2017 / 2018 northern WI reports  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Troutbum12

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2017 / 2018 northern WI reports
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Man thats tough luck. Are there springs on that lake? I wonder how much ice was there. Weird season for ice. I would think there is a foot of ice almost everywhere now with this cold air.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:35 PM »
I live about 10 miles down the road from there they said 7” of ice where it went through. This cold didn’t do as much as you would think. That damn snow insulates like a down blanket. I hear there are still slush spots on the lakes. I’m thinking this year I’m not driving my truck out until a good 14” or 15” of verifiably ice. I don’t think I have ever seen the ice as uneven as it is this year. It froze over, thawed out, froze over, thawed out, several times. Then froze over we got about 2” or 3” of good clear ice then it snowed about 6” then got warm again and made a bunch of slush, then snowed on top of the slush. This extreme cold snap maybe the only thing that has salvaged our ice season.

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Erik, if you ever want to get together to fish I'm always looking for someone to go with. Live in Spooner and fish all over.  Hoping to get my permanent out on Spooner this weekend for some crappie action.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2018, 02:31 PM »
I live about halfway between Spooner and Stone Lake off of hyw A, I should be laid off about all of February. I never have ice fished lake spooner and also always wanted to try long lake for crappie through the ice. I have a snowmobile and good pull behind sled and a 949i popup with buddy heater. Been waiting for good enough ice to take the snowmobile out, it was getting pretty sloppy to walk out and pull a sled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.