The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 8 y/o First Fish  (Read 816 times)

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
8 y/o First Fish
« on: Jan 26, 2014, 09:34 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would post a picture.  My 8 y/o just caught his first fish a couple days ago on Fox Lake in southeast Wisconsin.  It was a pretty good one I thought.  He was so excited he didn't even want to get any more.  He was just fascinated for the rest of the day with it.  He had to check it every couple minutes.  He was using a small minnow.  We had the Vexilar going for him so he got to see it come up to the minnow.  He got it to chase it up about two feet before it hit it.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 8 y/o First Fish
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2014, 10:58 AM »
Nice crappie !

WS

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2014, 11:09 AM »
Congrats little man!

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2014, 07:41 PM »
Its his birthday tomorrow, so we went out and got him his own bucket with the padded seat, and his own ice scoop too.  Got him a few jigs and a little box to keep them in.  He's the youngest of 5 and he is the only one that has any interest in it.  Hopefully I can get him hooked.  If the weather would just cooperate.

Offline HuntHard

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I'm Not Fishin I'm Wishin Vexilar Rocks
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:24 PM »
Nice
If at first you don't succeed at ice fishing

Then drink another Cold Beer                     

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would post a picture.  My 8 y/o just caught his first fish a couple days ago on Fox Lake in southeast Wisconsin.  It was a pretty good one I thought.  He was so excited he didn't even want to get any more.  He was just fascinated for the rest of the day with it.  He had to check it every couple minutes.  He was using a small minnow.  We had the Vexilar going for him so he got to see it come up to the minnow.  He got it to chase it up about two feet before it hit it.

(Image removed from quote.)

He's hooked! 
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.