Author Topic: Credible In-Fisherman Pike Weight Calculator  (Read 1146 times)

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Credible In-Fisherman Pike Weight Calculator
« on: Mar 09, 2015, 11:05 PM »
Hey gents,

Stumbled on this pike weight calculator in an old In-Fisherman issue I thought I'd share. It's the most credible weight calculator I've ever seen with stats to actually corroborate the info on the weight calculator table.

Dr. Casselman and Dr. Crossman weighed and measured 1200 pike and muskies to come up with this extremely accurate measurement-weight calculator table. It's backed up by official measurements and weights of 1200 fish.

Hope this saves a few pike this winter as this table allows anglers to get a quick tape on a fish and get them back in the water asap and know the fish's weight within seconds just by referring to this table.

At first, the weights seemed a bit high to me but I'm not about to argue with 2 doctors that have officially weighed and measured 1200 fish to back up the info so here it is.

Cheers

Offline LMKilla

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Credible In-Fisherman Pike Weight Calculator
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2015, 10:35 AM »
That is definitely the most accurate I have seen! Thx for the post!
Now proper taping is another issue  ;)

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Haha you bet it is. I've started using a bump board and man are those things slick. You can take the most accurate length measurement you will ever get in about 5 seconds. Just take the board with you to the hole, place the fish on the board and away you go. Also, the fish doesn't even touch the snow or ice which removes their protective slime. The board makes it easier on the fish and allows for a super accurate length measurement. They are awesome

Offline gomwitdawind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:59 AM »
One of the best formulas I've found that is highly accurate within a few ounces even on big fish, is length x girth squared divided by 800. Put's you in the ballpark everytime!!

Offline PikeMaster91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:49 PM »
That will be very helpful for the future!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.