Author Topic: Clam Blazer  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam Blazer
« Reply #30 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Do any of these fit in a car trunk?
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:57 AM »
I have a blazer and did some mods, especially to make the cupholders larger to hold the 1 pound propane tanks that I use for the heater.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=351324.msg3755224#msg3755224
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 22, 2019, 09:11 AM »
Do any of these fit in a car trunk?

It's a pretty big sled, 60" long X 35" wide or so. I can just get it into my Ford Escape with the back seats folded all they way down.

Offline icebites

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 22, 2019, 11:37 AM »
I have the blazer stealth, liking it so far, fits in back of my rav4 w seats down.  Bought a clam folding seat at reeds for 22 bucks, it fits in the rails of the tub perfect and can easily be moved around to free up space to carry auger vexilar minnow bucket etc.  Also bought a combo fan/light that hangs over my head to give light a circulate air.  Blazer is warm and Tub is large.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Apr 06, 2019, 11:14 PM »
I have the blazer stealth, liking it so far, fits in back of my rav4 w seats down.  Bought a clam folding seat at reeds for 22 bucks, it fits in the rails of the tub perfect and can easily be moved around to free up space to carry auger vexilar minnow bucket etc.  Also bought a combo fan/light that hangs over my head to give light a circulate air.  Blazer is warm and Tub is large.

Thanks for posting that suggestion on the Clam folding chair, I think I got the last one from reeds because it disappeared from their website right after they shipped it. Fits in the rails like you said, I debated a little bit spending $32 on a folding chair after shipping, but with the seat pad and just overall quality, I see why it costs what it does. Will be nice in the hub too.

Offline icebites

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Apr 07, 2019, 10:52 AM »
Your welcome.  The blazer is the first shanty  I have ever bought. I am trying to come up with modifications to make it that much better, If you think of any let me know.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Apr 07, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Your welcome.  The blazer is the first shanty  I have ever bought. I am trying to come up with modifications to make it that much better, If you think of any let me know.

I don't think I'm going to do too much, I got it to stay light and mobile. First thing I did do was get a longer pull rope, I've owned a couple flipovers and the rope they give you is always too short, even with the otter I sold when I got the Blazer.

I haven't put it in yet, but I also got a roll of antifatigue mat from Harbor Freight. I used this in the bottom of flipovers I've had before. Keeps buckets and things from sliding around, so I can lift it into and out of my vehicle without everything sliding to one end.

For lighting I'm using a luminoodle and a USB charger that does double duty as an emergency power source for my phone. I also use the luminoodle in my hub, so it's not installed permanently or anything.

Offline icebites

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Apr 08, 2019, 03:09 PM »
Sounds great.  Thx.   I am going to look into the luminoodle thing.  Never heard of it.  The mat is also a good idea. I thought of something like that but I didn’t know what would work best.  I will look that up also.   Happy soft water in action!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.