Author Topic: Gander Mountain Bankruptcy??  (Read 19931 times)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: Gander Mountain Bankruptcy??
« Reply #90 on: Jun 02, 2017, 10:43 PM »
Curious ,  seems to me if the new owner really cared about the people that worked at these stores they would have conducted their own sale and left the liquidators out of it JMO , far as the liquidators I don't think they are in it to lose money

Liquidators along with Camping World bought us.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jun 02, 2017, 11:41 PM »
Signage at my store on the outside says 20 to 40% off now.  I see a display was put together to have Basketball hoops and related items  ::)  to be rolled out soon, maybe as early as tomorrow.
Bud

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #92 on: Jun 03, 2017, 06:14 AM »
52 , , that was interesting to read how many were involved and who

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Evinrude58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jun 04, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Been to the local store in Canton Ohio  a couple times and so far no deals, 95% of stuff is still 10-15%. Not looking to steal the stuff but you advertise a sale a person should find items at prices that are atleast as low as Walmart. Needed some hooks for perching and with 15% off were still 20 cents more than Dick's.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #95 on: Jun 05, 2017, 11:06 AM »
I was talking with a friend of mine who's a department head at Elliot Brothers, a firearms and hunting gear wholesales company, over the weekend and we got talking about Gander Mountain's bankruptcy.  Jack told me that Gander Mountain is 525 MILLION in debt, which explains why the sale prices aren't so great.  He said that they even sold some of the guns that they bought off of Elliot Brothers back to them to try to clear up some of what they owe them.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #96 on: Jun 07, 2017, 07:02 AM »
I was talking with a friend of mine who's a department head at Elliot Brothers, a firearms and hunting gear wholesales company, over the weekend and we got talking about Gander Mountain's bankruptcy.  Jack told me that Gander Mountain is 525 MILLION in debt, which explains why the sale prices aren't so great.  He said that they even sold some of the guns that they bought off of Elliot Brothers back to them to try to clear up some of what they owe them.

It's 425.5M, but what's an extra 100M at this point? Sales prices aren't that great? I'm not understanding what that means. Are you expecting GM and Liquidators to just let you fill up a cart and go for 10.00? Of course they're going to try to get as much as they can. Hell, they took away our 20% discount to try to make $,

I can legit see why people are peeved by the signage, but remember, the discount % will get better as the liquidation goes. I just picked up 13 Fishing Widow Makers for 28.00.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #97 on: Jun 07, 2017, 08:26 AM »
I understand they're trying to make the most money they can to clear their debt and what I meant about the sale prices not being so great is that because of that they're not giving bigger discounts.  I don't expect them to sell a $1,000 rifle for $100 but as I and many others have said before their prices are still noticeably higher than other stores locally and anytime I drive by there the parking lot is barren ground with the exception of employee's cars.  I was told many times from successful business people that you'll make more money selling more stuff for a little less than you will selling less stuff for more money. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #98 on: Jun 07, 2017, 08:55 AM »

The store near me seems to have lots of shoppers when I drive by ,I stop 1 once a week to check things out , to look for changes that might interest me

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #99 on: Jun 07, 2017, 09:29 AM »
I understand they're trying to make the most money they can to clear their debt and what I meant about the sale prices not being so great is that because of that they're not giving bigger discounts.  I don't expect them to sell a $1,000 rifle for $100 but as I and many others have said before their prices are still noticeably higher than other stores locally and anytime I drive by there the parking lot is barren ground with the exception of employee's cars.  I was told many times from successful business people that you'll make more money selling more stuff for a little less than you will selling less stuff for more money.

You'll notice that many % off remain the same for weeks. It's not because they're trying to make more money (which they are), it's because they're moving those items without having to further the discount. We still had augers at 40%, when they hit 50...all the shacks and augers were history. Ice Flashers and Electronics were gone at 30. So there's good deals, you gotta wait for them.

Again, give it some time, you'll find guns at 40%.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Jun 08, 2017, 09:21 AM »
I put the new otter xt 650 cottage with thermal top in for sale area for cheap

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #102 on: Jun 11, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Man, this list has been very up and down. Last week WI had 10, now we're at 7

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Jun 11, 2017, 07:57 PM »

You remember this?

I think at first we'll see lower prices until Gander mountain folds and the last remaining mom and pop shops shut their doors.. Then it's going to go to hell in a hand basket...

<°)))>{

LOL. Gander Mtn isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They don't make their money on IPO's, fishing or camping. They make it on their Credit Card, Firearms and Clothing.

<°)))>{

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Jun 12, 2017, 07:22 AM »
So what are the different codes on that list?   For example my local store is "CWOG" so does that mean it's going to be a Camping World, Overtons, and Gander all crammed into one?
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #105 on: Jun 12, 2017, 07:51 AM »
So what are the different codes on that list?   For example my local store is "CWOG" so does that mean it's going to be a Camping World, Overtons, and Gander all crammed into one?

Yes

looks like the list shrunk in NY too ....but this isn't a "final list"...I would imagine from the initial verbal agreement till its on paper some locations may have hit a snag on the leases.... I know he wanted some locations that would allow RV's on site ...some locations don't have room ...others have tow/city zoning issues/restrictions... 

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #106 on: Jun 12, 2017, 12:04 PM »
There were rumors the the Dickson City Pennsylvania store was going to stay open but there's not even one store listed in Pennsylvania.  Oh well if the new store has similar prices to when it was Gander Mountain the new Field and Stream store that's opening this fall up the road will put them out of business for good.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #107 on: Jun 13, 2017, 11:39 AM »
You remember this?

<°)))>{

Sure I do. And while Gander Mtn's brand is done, Gander Outdoors is on the rise.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #108 on: Jun 13, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Yes

looks like the list shrunk in NY too ....but this isn't a "final list"...I would imagine from the initial verbal agreement till its on paper some locations may have hit a snag on the leases.... I know he wanted some locations that would allow RV's on site ...some locations don't have room ...others have tow/city zoning issues/restrictions...

After they realized that they wanted to combine locations into Overtons, Gander & Camping World, some of the stores sizes just didn't line up for this.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #109 on: Jun 23, 2017, 12:18 PM »
http://www.gandermountain.com/

If you scroll down you can see a "Products you Love" section so you can Email Gander Outdoors to give suggestions as to what products to stock.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #110 on: Jun 23, 2017, 02:04 PM »
WOW I'm amazed that they want our input on what to carry, that's a good sign but time will tell if it falls on deaf ears or not.  This Tuesday I stopped again to see what they had and the only deal I found was for a Showdown Single Beam for $200, regularly $400.  Other than that nothing really jumped out as a really good deal.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #111 on: Jun 29, 2017, 12:30 PM »

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Jun 29, 2017, 07:54 PM »
If you are looking for a good deal on a hand auger, I've seen multiple locations in MN with Strikemaster Lazers (5-8") for 60% off.  There were pallets full in 2 stores.

If I remember correctly, the 8" ended up somewhere between $45-49.99

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #113 on: Jul 05, 2017, 03:39 AM »
New list ...the Middletown NY store is now off the list

https://sgbonline.com/camping-world-finalizes-gander-mountain-store-list/

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #114 on: Jul 05, 2017, 03:48 PM »
The Dickson City store is done also.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Jul 05, 2017, 04:15 PM »
they had 70% off ice fishing stuff the other day and i grabbed all the tungsten they had and a few other things i may or may not need come ice fishing season.  felt real weird buying it in the summer.

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Aug 30, 2017, 08:38 AM »
Looks like the Eden Prairie and Lakeville locations are closed now.  Drove by them on Monday.

What locations in MN are staying open?

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Aug 30, 2017, 10:29 AM »
I know the gander in novi is closed don't know if it's for good or not any how there opening a serriea trading post just down the road from gander mtn. In novI hopefully they got good stuff??

I don't know if this is the list of ganders staying open or are set to close??

http://www.gandermountain.com/store-locator/list/

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #118 on: Sep 05, 2017, 09:36 AM »
That list is old, there is no "new" list either. The plan according to Lemonis now is to open maybe 15-20 stores this year. I know that two of the top 5 grossing stores in the chain are closed for good. No plan on re-opening, even though they were two of the 7 Gms slated to stay open.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Sep 05, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Kind of Sad to see my store of less than a year old stripped bare to the walls.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.