The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Long Pond Problem  (Read 7573 times)

Offline spinzer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Long Pond Problem
« Reply #90 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Personally, I like catching ANY fish.

I just like fishing. Plain and simple.

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #91 on: Mar 05, 2009, 05:43 PM »
As an employee of National Geographic, I would say that they may very well be interested, but certainly as much for the curious anthropological findings (so many different species of human with arrested development, homo salmononlycus and homopikehaticus, and homosonaiveIcanbelieve itus for just a few) as much as the nature and geographic aspect. :D
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Would love to stay and chat further on this issue but right now I am out the door to buy an out of state fishing licence and then I'm off to fish "Cry me a river", or "Bleeding Heart Pond". havn't decided on which one yet! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #92 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:10 PM »
IF&W had to do that to a pond in Limestone (twice I believe) because someone chose to stock smallmouth bass.  Expensive to say the least.
only once   brook runs adjacent to my property and there were signs there too   but guess what didnt work  the bass are still there   the kiker is everyone knows who did it  introed them therealso when they stock it  the fish dont have a chance as they are dumping the trout people are casting right into the stream of fish    cars line up following a stocking truck    might just as well dip a net into the truck     when they do stock they need to close the area to all fishing for 2 weeks!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline anglers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:36 PM »
people who have this attitude are no better then the bucket bio's in my opinion. bucket bio's put fish in water that they want to catch, you on the other hand wanna kill fish just because you don't like them....same thing in my book.

if i may, i would like to point out another reason for the demise of long pond salmon. i wish the salmon/trout fisherman would think back over the years and add up all the trout/salmon they have kept. a female brookie carries an average of how many eggs? i know not all eggs that hatch will survive, but if everyone practiced catch and release, well, every little bit would help and improve the fishery little by little. maybe some stiffer regs would also help. im also glad to see this thread is remaining civil.
I do agree with you on there are way to many Salmon and Trout kept .Of the 20 plus years I have kept one Salmon, (actualy my 6 year old son did) had a rubber worm in its gut on Long Pond. 

Offline chief613

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ....but why does it always happen to me!?
« Reply #94 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:44 PM »
rubber worm? bass fisherman use rubber worms..........its the bass fisherman are the ones for the down fall off long  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.