Author Topic: Henry's 2018  (Read 15649 times)

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
Re: Henry's 2018
« Reply #150 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Sorry Dewey.. But now you can't hide the fact we hang out. Lol Thanks all for the great trip.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #151 on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:43 PM »
That's good stuff right there  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I got my pics all loaded up but won't be able to get them posted till Thursday. With as spread out as we was this year I didn't get many group ones. Mainly just my bro inlaw, myself and some good scenery ones
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #152 on: Dec 04, 2018, 08:02 PM »
Sorry Dewey.. But now you can't hide the fact we hang out. Lol Thanks all for the great trip.

;D ;D good one

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #153 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Skyler, the bomb is awesome, it was perfectly placed! It actually ups my cred to hangout with you!  :thumbsup:  ;D
We had a great trip as usual it was good to see everyone and catch up and catch fish. I've got a few pictures I'll post asap

I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #154 on: Dec 06, 2018, 11:52 AM »
Ok so I finally got a few pics to put up. Between me and my bro-inlaw we pulled probably 50 fish over the weekend with only maybe 8 of them being larger than all the dinks we all were catching. I'll start off with my bro-inlaw who had a blast on this trip. He had only been icefishing maybe a handful of times and was amazed with all the set-ups everyone had. His biggest fish came in at 21"

And a few of mine, biggest being 19in

These are the new set-up and scenery, I was really liking the new tent. It will work out great for the gorge. Sky's new tracked machine is a beast.

The new rod rack mounted up pretty good, but will definaly get more usage at the gorge

New thermometeor turned out to be very useful

Watch this video of the jigger jackers with bubblers. This is a video so click on the pic. Some work filters are blocking it.  No sound though. I got another one I'll post tomorrow. These are going to work good on the night burbot/walleye

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #155 on: Dec 06, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Looks like a fun trip for everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to pop into the Utah party when you guys hit the gorge!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #156 on: Dec 06, 2018, 12:30 PM »
For sure Trent. We'll be heading up the last weekend in january
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #157 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:38 PM »
Your Henry's trip always looks like blast. Glad you had fun.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #158 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:02 PM »
It's definitely one you should get in on one year matt. You'll be happy you did,  Its a fun fishery with a chance at a big one
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #159 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Maybe next year. I believe i said that last year as well. Seriously though, i would love to fish it next time for sure.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #160 on: Dec 07, 2018, 08:09 AM »
everyone is all way's welcome where ever we fish at anytime

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #161 on: Dec 07, 2018, 08:29 AM »
I added another video to my post above of the jigging jacker with the bubble box for anyone interested in checking them out. Just click on either one of the pics at the bottom of my post to play
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #162 on: Dec 07, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Finally got a video upload done. I am making these more for myself as a journal to remember the trips. Kind of a long one, but for those who watch I hope you enjoy!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #163 on: Dec 07, 2018, 09:56 AM »
Joe the amount of gadgets and quality gear you have is unbelievable. Makes my set up look like crap lol.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #164 on: Dec 07, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Joe the amount of gadgets and quality gear you have is unbelievable. Makes my set up look like crap lol.
Sorry man. I just have a really bad addiction and a really good wife!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #165 on: Dec 07, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Hahahahaha! I was thinking the exact same thing Ryan. I'm lucky if I'm on a decent foldable chair instead of a bucket!

Prospector has hit hit, a recliner, shelves, caribiners cor hanging stuff, all the necessities to eat right, etc!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #166 on: Dec 07, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Hahahahaha! I was thinking the exact same thing Ryan. I'm lucky if I'm on a decent foldable chair instead of a bucket!

Prospector has hit hit, a recliner, shelves, caribiners cor hanging stuff, all the necessities to eat right, etc!
If I’m going to watch everybody else catch the biggest fish, I may as well do it in comfort.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #167 on: Dec 07, 2018, 02:59 PM »
hey musky thats an awesome setup on your jaw jackers. which bubble box is that? does it work fine in super cold temperatures? thats a fix that i like more than putting some sort of cover over the hole. i see a bubble box on amaon for 9.99, i wonder if thatll work.

also, do you have any fixes for blowing snow or freezing triggers? a problem i have with my jaw jackers is the snow will blow over the jaw jacker on the trigger and then melt and freeze making the trigger stick. i find if it gets wet pretty easy when there is wind, and there is alot of wind in wyoming :)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #168 on: Dec 07, 2018, 11:21 PM »
hey musky thats an awesome setup on your jaw jackers. which bubble box is that? does it work fine in super cold temperatures? thats a fix that i like more than putting some sort of cover over the hole. i see a bubble box on amaon for 9.99, i wonder if thatll work.

also, do you have any fixes for blowing snow or freezing triggers? a problem i have with my jaw jackers is the snow will blow over the jaw jacker on the trigger and then melt and freeze making the trigger stick. i find if it gets wet pretty easy when there is wind, and there is alot of wind in wyoming :)

Mines actually a different box I got at the bargain cave here when it was open but my friend uses the bubblebox and they work just the same here's a pic of the ones I have with my modified coat hanger/ zip tie set up. Not much we can do for that WY wind other than keep the hole clean and trigger dry. They are susceptible to freeze up as is every hook setter

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #169 on: Dec 08, 2018, 12:27 AM »
OK Joe is the king.  Amazing setup!  Thanks for the vid, Joe.  I'm stuck in Japan and this is getting me excited for our trips later this month.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #170 on: Dec 08, 2018, 12:40 AM »
OK Joe is the king.  Amazing setup!  Thanks for the vid, Joe.  I'm stuck in Japan and this is getting me excited for our trips later this month.
Don’t be surprised if an ugly fat guy shows up and drinks all of your root beer. Sort of like a kamikaze fisherman. After all, today is December 7th. Thanks for the compliments Steve! Merry Christmas buddy.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #171 on: Dec 08, 2018, 02:19 AM »
ed
Finally got a video upload done. I am making these more for myself as a journal to remember the trips. Kind of a long one, but for those who watch I hope you enjoy!https://youtu.be/cLBFAF5SRVs

Great video joe I finally got to watch it all in full tonight. Gotta say your the only man I know that leaves town with 3 tents fully loaded. That Gina rod worked great , good thing she keeps you set up with the best equipment while your comfy. Lol never gonna forget that lazy boy. I should have stuck around camp more this trip but the good ice was too good not to explore a bit.
No matter we all got our face time in at the room each night for sure and/ or lost a few $$ in poker. Best hand back + $5 I've ever had. Those that seen it know what im talking about. WHO honestly gets 5 flush's in 1 night.  Not this guy, just 4 t.o come in 2nd
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #172 on: Dec 08, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Great video Joe. The list is way too long of cool things you have. However the Gina rod and rockin in the recliner are definitely tops on the list. I sure hope you remember us all when you go viral!! High five to your production crew on putting together a great video they are top notch!
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #173 on: Dec 08, 2018, 10:07 AM »
I added another video to my post above of the jigging jacker with the bubble box for anyone interested in checking them out. Just click on either one of the pics at the bottom of my post to play
That thing sure does put out the bubbles Matt! Looks like a good project to build before the Gorge.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #174 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:05 AM »
Here are a few Pics that I have to share. Good to see you all, another great adventure!

Geezer is a great friend to have as a fishing buddy. :thumbsup:

Mr. Skip=Total stud! :afro:

When I reach puberty, I will grow a beard like that! :woot:

What a fisherman! Wouldn't care if I never saw this guy again. ;D  Congratulations on an epic trip Damon. I just remembered that I never did get a root beer from you. My bad, better be two at the Gorge and leave your rods at home!

Dewey. My old BFF! I am cool just knowing a guy like you! Thanks brother. :bow:

I can't forget the guy who helped an old cripple put his socks on. Thanks for all of your help this trip Ryan! Good to have a guy like you watching my six! >:D

Wow, just wow. That is a nice lure you used to catch that little guy! Couldn't have happened to a better guy! :icefish:

Saturday school was never this much fun! :tipup:

I thank The good Lord for safe travels. You just never know. Ryan was watched out for as well. :angel

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #175 on: Dec 12, 2018, 03:34 PM »
Great pics Joe!  That trip will go down as one of the most memorable, even with having to change both bearings on my trailer on the way up, and the welds on the trailer giving out on the way back, there isn't anything that could have ruined my week.  Thanks to all the fellas that stopped at Malad summit to help figure out the situation fast.  Luke helped me weld it and get it off the trailer two days later and besides needing redecking, I think the trailers ready for more abuse.  Man those special plastics Joe made were awesome, I look forward to using them wherever I can.  Thanks again Joe for the wonderful side prize package and the winning rig. 

And of course thanks most of all to Matt for running logistics and keeping this trip alive.  Look forward to next time. 

Cheers,

Slap

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #176 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:58 PM »
WOW  I was all but there with them pictures. Other than I didn't collect no jingle jingles. Maybe next year. I am glad you guys found the honey hole. Tight Lines HH

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #177 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:07 PM »
Good to know you all. I sure appreciate you guys being so good to me. Hope to see some of you before Christmas and definitely wish you all a merry one.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #178 on: Dec 31, 2018, 12:15 PM »
Couldn’t help myself and went back for more! Hope your new year is grand!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #179 on: Dec 31, 2018, 12:45 PM »
Definitely alot more "W" then when we were there. Looks like a great trip and you got the big one. How long was it? Did you get a weight?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.