Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607929 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9090 on: Jun 18, 2017, 02:15 PM »
Good Evening Everyone! :bow:

Today was a rest day :thumbsup: Yesterday I woke up feeling terrible with a cough, runny nose, and a 101 fever. One of the people we did work for was sick as a pup and it appears I was the lucky recipient of it. By the time I got home it had been a day.

One highlight from yesterday. We did a job for a real nice lady in her 80’s with 23 Grandkids, and she could tell I was feeling pretty punk. At lunch she came out with a glass of water and some children’s baby aspirin and told me to take a couple. Sometimes you just have smile at people when the try to help. I am sure I made her day when I swallowed three of them.I want to go in tomorrow but it’s looking shaky. Today I slept for 7 hours, hope I can sleep tonight.

The girls are on their fishing trip and today they got rained out. Yesterday the wife caught the biggest fish, a 17” bass, she was pretty excited. Total they caught, 12 N pike and 15 bass. The SIL had a good sized fish on for 10 minutes but it finally got off :%$#!: They had a good first day.

Hope everyone had a good Father’s Day :clap:

Take care and stay safe!

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9091 on: Jun 18, 2017, 02:29 PM »
Happy Birthday Mr.Gator

Hope the day was one of your best ever!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #9092 on: Jun 18, 2017, 02:36 PM »
That made my day. Thank you Marv.     :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9093 on: Jun 18, 2017, 02:48 PM »
Tom, click on your username and you'll see a piece of B-Day cake!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:

Edit... Saw your post in Not Grumpy. Too late, lol.....
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #9094 on: Jun 18, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Tom, click on your username and you'll see a piece of B-Day cake!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:

Edit... Saw your post in Not Grumpy. Too late, lol.....

Thanks!    Never too late, (until you're gone).       ;)2 :roflmao: :bow:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9095 on: Jun 18, 2017, 03:43 PM »
happy birthday mr. gator

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9096 on: Jun 18, 2017, 03:44 PM »

Happy Birthday gator and many more sir! :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

IW

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9097 on: Jun 18, 2017, 03:49 PM »

Good afternoon ER's
                          Marv......I'm sorry that you're under the weather, working all those hours wears the body down and makes
                 you an easy target for getting a bug. Rest is the key word on getting back on your feet! Take care buddy!

IW

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #9098 on: Jun 18, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Gentlemen, Thank you all !     

At 79, I'm halfway to my target.     ;)2 :roflmao:

Rest well Marv.     :flex:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9099 on: Jun 18, 2017, 04:53 PM »
Happy birthday sir & may you have many many more  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9100 on: Jun 18, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Good afternoon/evening.  Got things picked up/put away, didn't sell much,was pretty slow.  Good Will, will be getting a few loads.  And at least a trip to metal salvage.

Happy 79th Gator, nice looking cakes.

Marv, hope the rest, gets you back to feeling chipper, no pun intended  ;D ::)  Now for a day to rest up myself. 

Didn't like seeing the upper 90's in the forecast, for a couple days but liked seeing some cooler days as well.

Jeff, hope the PT hours keep going well with no set backs.

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9101 on: Jun 18, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Happy Birthday Gator. At 79 you must be middle aged if you are half way there.
I don't like this heat. I have had a head and chest cold for a couple days, or allergies and I don't like to do anything. The air is so heavy.
Kids got me a new flag pole and flag for Fathers Day...Hope all you Dads had a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #9102 on: Jun 19, 2017, 12:57 AM »
Many thanks. :bow:   And my middle is, um, lets not go there.        ;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9103 on: Jun 19, 2017, 01:59 AM »
Good morning early risers . Still humid weather guessers calling for thunder storms and periods of heavy rain today. There is a flash flood watch for most of the Mid Hudson river valley.
Whopper Stopper glad you got a day off hope you shake whatever bug up picked up quickly bad enough being sick then couple it with high heat and humidity and things really stink. May the girls have a good remainder to their trip.
Idahogator belated Happy Birthday hope you had a great day.
Hunts2long you also get over the head cold/allergy fast.

Have a good day everyone I will check back later to read everyone posts.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9104 on: Jun 19, 2017, 05:28 AM »

Good morning Steve, ER's,
                       Steve, the weather you are having is generally August weather well at least up north it is. ::)
                       Eddie and WS must be off too work early and didn't have time to post! Or Marv is still in bed trying
               to shake that cold.
                       Yesterday my brother and I watched the US Open, he is really in to golf and played at a lot of prestigious
               courses. Any way it was a great play and was only an hour or so north from here!
                       Today is another round of PT tis morning then I have some chores to take care of for him, as he will be selling
               this house.
                       I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9105 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

You were spot on IW, I talked to the boss yesterday and he said if I wanted to take the day off, have at it, as they had today's jobs covered. Sounded just fine to me. Over night I picked up a terrible cough so I didn't get a lot of sleep. Tomorrow the heat and humidity start to move back in and I will have a full day removing trees. I hope I feel somewhat better by then, or it is going to be a rough couple of days.

The girls continue their vacation. The weather hasn't been great with lots of pop up showers. They are calling for severe storms on Wednesday so they will have to keep an eye out. I was supposed to haul the old boat over there on Thursday, but am pretty sure that won't be happening.

Good luck if hitting the water :thumbsup: Above all stay Safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9106 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Morning all,

Rainy & humid this morning, supposed to last all day  :-\ 

WS.....sorry to hear you ended "hell week" sick, sure hope yesterday's rest has you feeling better this morning   @)
H2L....hope you are also feeling better, this weather has been tough between the pollen & humidity  >:(
IW....glad to hear you boys had an enjoyable day watching golf  :) hope pt goes well again this week  ;)

The bike ride was good yesterday.....until a deer appeared out of nowhere, crossing right in front of us  :o :pinch: :nono: :%$#!:  MrWW did a great job of keeping us upright and not hitting her straight on  :bow: :clap: Luckily the bike wasn't damaged too badly, the right side crash bar & leg guard will need to be replaced, but that's about it. She managed to catch me in the shin with her hoof and cut my leg, but not anything serious. By the time we turned around and went back, she was no where to be seen, must have kept on running to where ever she was heading before the hit. We waited about 1/2 hour or so for the  :callcops: to come do an accident report. Once he was finished we headed for home, still had 100 miles or so to go  :P  Of course we managed to get rained on before we got back  :blink: :wacko: But the bike held up, the bleeding stopped and our clothes dried out so it all turned out ok  @)  Today MrWW will be taking the broken parts  :'( :'(  off & going to the repair shop to order replacements. Just another day in paradise   :woot::woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning WS.....see you posted while I typed my sage  :roflmao:  Sorry you aren't feeling better.....plenty of rest, oj & tylenol  ;) 

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9107 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning everyone, I hope everyone had a great fathers day. My daughter made a awesome meal and cake. Hope everyone has a great day today. Remember to drink lots of water going to be humid out today. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9108 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:28 AM »
Thanks WW

I have nothing to complain about after reading your post :woot: Very happy you made it through the crash with minimal damage and injury. I have been seeing a lot of deer lately on the roads, I figure the does are on the prowl looking for something to eat. I am sure the fawns are drinking all the milk they can get.

Glad to hear you are both OK  :thumbsup: Deer and bikes are a bad mix :%$#!:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9109 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:53 AM »
MM's Ouch, on the bike mishap, glad it wasn't worse.  Not to much on my plate, No storms in my area, just waiting for more heat to kick in.  Will do more pictures of things to put on the neighborhood web, Think it attracts more activity than yard sales.  Think its bacon, eggs, and hash browns this morning for me.

Think I will buzz by my store and see what all I have been missing.

Good day all, hope you get over that bug Marv, please don't send it my way.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9110 on: Jun 19, 2017, 07:12 AM »
WW I am glad the two of you came out of the crash OK. Bikes can be repaired or replaced. I have never had an interest in motorcycles.

The grandson was not with them last night. I did get to talk to him on the phone. He was on his way home from National Guard training camp. He might leave for Michigan today. The grand daughter got to see the whole set of dishes she is getting. We decided how many she wants at this time and the rest will go in storage.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9111 on: Jun 19, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Good afternoon everyone had a thunder storm pass through around noon time now the sun is out if weather guessers are correct more storms should be coming through my area.
Wallyworld glad your and Mr.WW are alright and your motorcycle suffered minor damage . May your cut leg heal quickly.
Whopper Stopper may the rest day benefit you ,your boss does not need a whole crew of sick employees .  Hope the girls have good fishing for the rest of their vacation.
Ice Wanderer you have a lot of work to do if your brother has lived in his Chicago area home for many years. I'm moving this Summer and my house looks terrible with different boxes and storage bins scattered all over the place.
Icefisher-45 nice that you got to spend Fathers day with your daughter.
IFF good luck selling off your unwanted items. May the heat not get to bad in your area has the broken AC been replaced or repaired.
Mr.Turkey sounds like you had a good day with family. My thanks to your grandson for his service to our country may he have a safe trip home to Michigan.

Have a safe and good day. Best to all fishing .
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9112 on: Jun 19, 2017, 03:21 PM »
Steve, not as yet on the A/C, have an appointment Wednesday morning to get a quote.  Still assembling things to go to Goodwill.  See I can get a rebuilt transmission for the Blazer $695, will ask around for a labor price to have remove/replace.  If push come to shove a transmission jack rents for $27 a day haven't done one for a while, but my years at General Motors assembly division should come as no surprises. ;D Nice to have all the air tools. and mechanics creeper that didn't sell at the garage sale  ;D :flex:

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9113 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:08 PM »
WW, glad you are both OK. Trip down to the big city in the morning....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9114 on: Jun 20, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  63* with a slight breeze this am, high of 77 expected today.
 Happy be-lated Birthday to Mr.Gator, sorry I missed out on the cake Sir! Hope you enjoyed your day, here's to 79 more!!  Crossing fingers you got that "yellow daiquiri mixer" you were so fond of over on the cabin build thread for a gift...:clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  H2...have a safe trip to the city, best wishes to your wife today!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...good luck with the tranny job if decide to do it!
  Wally...wow, glad you and Mr.WW are alright after that accident with the deer! That must have been a very scarey moment. So glad to read Mr.WW kept the bike under control and no major injuries!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...I'm sure your granddaughter will cherish the dishes, well done! Did you get any more rain yet?
  Marv...hope you're feeling better today, glad you had the day off yesterday to catch up on some much needed rest. Sounds like the ladies are doing a good job on the catching, hope the weather cooperates for the rest of their trip!   :clap: :thumbsup:    Have a safe day in the jungle Sir!
  Jeff...that must have been a great experience with your brother watching the US Open, what a great way to spend Fathers Day together, awesome!! Hope the PT went well for your brother and he continues to make progress with his recovery.  Hope all is well and fine job on the birthday cake for Mr.Gator... :thumbsup:
  Steve...we had those storms roll through yesterday as well, some serious thunder and lightning mid afternoon.

We had an early start yesterday and I was running a little behind, sorry for not starting the cawfee...full pot waiting for the early risers this morn.
  Hope all the Dad's and GrandDad's enjoyed their Fathers Day on Sunday!   :thumbsup:
  We almost got the whole day in yesterday before the heavy rains hit about noon. Thank goodness they cancelled the concrete order and we were on marble removal which had no adverse effects from a couple inches of rain...that could have been a major disaster!   :woot:
  Well, time to get ready for 150' of sidewalks to pour this morning....cawfee's on and apple strudel under the dome, help yourself!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9115 on: Jun 20, 2017, 04:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's thanks for putting the coffee on Eddie. IW if your brother needs another golf fix there is a senior tour stop here this weekend. The daughters college orientation is today and grad party this weekend. Glad WW clan is ok after the deer thing. Bud you should be able to handle the tranny with that background. My old girlfriends Dad talked me through one and I had 0 experience. He was blind and with his words , my ?, and his replys it was accomplished. WS sounds like your rested again now to get rid of the bug. Have a good day to all.

Monterey Festival again maybe. They had a board of Directors for the first one. No board meeting at all , ever. Maybe there is hope for these bird brains thinking there running the country.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9116 on: Jun 20, 2017, 04:52 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, OG! Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

Just a quick Hello as I wait for some light here in the jungle. Hope you all have an excellent day, I will check in later to see what everybody has going.

Best of luck if on the water :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9117 on: Jun 20, 2017, 05:03 AM »
Good Morning WW, see your up, Your already in the Jungle Marv ? How long a drive is it from home ? guess he had posted eleven minutes before I did.  Must be taking a nap, I would be, waiting for day light. 

Doing that garage sale, and finding half dozen Zebco 33 reels, I am either a horder, or a pack rat.  Must have accumulated them the years I was doing the foreclosure clean outs  ??? ::)  Only found one Mitchell 300.  This is going to be a long process of clearing things out. 
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9118 on: Jun 20, 2017, 05:23 AM »
Morning all,

Thanks for all the kind words regarding the crash, definitely got the old heart pounding for a few minutes  :roflmao: 

WS.....glad to see you made it to work today  :clap: I trust that means you're feeling better  ;)
Eddie....hope you don't get rained on today  :-\  apple strudel mmmmmmmm!!!!
H2L....safe travels to the city  ;)
TT....sorry you didn't get to see your grandson  :'(  please thank him for his service to our country  :) I'm sure your grand daughter will treasure the dishes
MrC....moving is zero fun  :-\ but a great way to clean out all the "things" you no longer need/want  ;)2
IFF....good luck on the vehicle repair, especially with the hot weather you've been having  :-\

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9119 on: Jun 20, 2017, 06:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          WW.........I'm glad you and the Mr. are OK after the deer incident, it does put the rush on you going through
                   that!
                          Marv.......Well I guess you had an early start this morning if you're waiting in the jungle for day light, watch
                   out for the animals in the jungle, there are a lot of nocturnal predators out there! ::)
                          Eddie.......Good luck with the pour this am. Thanks for the coffee and strudel! :clap:
                          Bud........I hope you can get a good price on the fix of the tranny. :flex:
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or traveling to the city or just out wetting a line!

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.