Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1626054 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9060 on: Jun 15, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Good Morning everyone, a little cooler this morning. Suppose to be a nice day. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9061 on: Jun 15, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Yup back to the heat.  The search for replacement A/C is on hold, As I mentioned we are blessed with Mountain fresh air in the evenings/over night.  Putting a fan on drawing the cooler 63* air in has the temp in the kitchen down to 66*.  Where she spends the day, watching TV.  ::)  Heard the CEO Marcus Lemonis of Camping World was in the store yesterday morning, saying he was still trying to get the open ground next to the store for RV sales/storage.  That comes to pass, that would make for a Gander Outdoors/Overton's/Camping World outlet sales/service.  Believe that when/if it happens.  Looks like some of the stuff that is in the store now came from stock that was in stores that went out of business last year (Sports Authority).  ::)

Good Call Marv, high temps, exhaustion, and beer can be a bad mix, when there is still work to do with tools that can mess up your day.

Good on the relaxed dress code.  For me, I would be fine not wearing a suit ever again, Whats the term ?? Body suits are more in line to cover this old frame  ::)

Will be doing a lot more watering of garden/lawns as not a drop of rain for some time now. 

WW, nice day on the water beats just about anything else, cept maybe a cool bike ride  ;) ;)

Jeff yeah GPS best thing invented since candy  ;)

Hope everyone's day goes well.  Checking in later.

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9062 on: Jun 15, 2017, 06:15 PM »
The doctors visit went well. He wants me to loose a bowling ball (16lbs) before my next visit. That will be after hunting season so I may have to climb a hill or two...lol

Spent the day on the water. Between 7am and 3pm I caught 1 smb and two walleyes. I was working my way back up the lake and the wind changed so I stopped at my Super Spot. Between 3:15 and 4:30 I put 11 walleyes in the boat. Lots of 14/15 inch fish but did get 6/7 up to 17. Didn't keep any. Again today real light bite and right on the bottom. They were still hitting went I left but I was beat. Long day in the boat. Some areas were white with cottonwood and others were green with the pine pollen. I have never seen it so bad....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9063 on: Jun 16, 2017, 01:54 AM »
Good Morning everyone, tgif. Early day today. Good to be back to work. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9064 on: Jun 16, 2017, 02:23 AM »
Good morning Icefisher-45 and early risers. I had an eye doctors appointment yesterday knew my close vision had changed exam also showed changes in my distance vision. So I have to go back in 2 weeks to pick up my new eye glasses.
Hunts2long nice to read your doctor visit went well ,all the best in losing the weight. glad your "Super Spot" is still producing numbers of walleye.
IFF nice that your overnight temperatures are dropping into the sixties and with a fan you can draw some of that cool air into your house. I think having space for RV sales-storage will be a factor in deciding what Gander Mountain and Overton"s stores remain open after liquidation.
Ice Wanderer good to read your brother is out of rehab facility and at his home.
Eddie happy I could give you a laugh. Hope yesterday was not to bad working out in the sun.
Wallyworld may the bite change and you get into a large number of walleyes.
Whopper Stopper sounds like you a swamped with work in storm's aftermath being short on workers does not help matters. Glad some of the property owners are providing cold drinks for your crew. To bad you had more jobs to complete and could not enjoy the beer. Good call your job is dangerous enough without impaired judgement from alcohol consumption.
Mr. Turkey nice the wife and you found clothes for the wedding without taking a hit in your finances.

Have a good and safe day everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9065 on: Jun 16, 2017, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Steve, I-45, Morning Everyone,
  A bit breezy and 58* this am, high of 65 expected today with some rain coming. Hoping we can get the day in.
  Steve...glad to read new glasses will cure the vision problem, good deal. Yesterday's weather was absolutely beautiful, wish all the days of summer were just like that...not too hot, low humidity.
  I-45...have a safe day on the job today Sir!
  H2...good luck with the weight loss, maybe start on it this coming Monday if you're barbecuing this weekend!   ;D
Way to go on the walleyes again, hope you were out of sight of other boats and the Super Spot remains super!  :thumbsup:
  Bud...have they begun to increase the % off on merchandise yet?
  Jeff...that's great your brother is home now, bet he is happy to be back and out of the facility. Hope things are going well for you both!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...sorry the trip was a bust for the walleyes, lots of hiding spots on that lake! Better luck next trip!
  Marv...imagine you had a rough go of it yesterday! Hope you have a full crew today. Be safe in the jungle Sir, hope you're getting a break with the heat out there!   :thumbsup:

We had a great day yesterday weather wise, pretty amazing what cooler conditions can do for moral. Hopeful we'll get the day in somehow today, but the forecast doesn't look good.
  The deer I have been seeing most everyday now on my commute to and from work have their summer jackets on now, such a beautiful color. Saw a big doe with two little ones yesterday in a freshly mowed hay field.
  Well it's Friday.... :clap:   Cawfee's on and there's some cinnamon buns under the dome....help yourself!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9066 on: Jun 16, 2017, 06:13 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      Well it's 71* here in Chitown and humid not my favorite condition. It's suppose to get in the 90's again and
              some thunder storms!
                      Eddie........I'm glad the temps and humidity has dropped for you guys, but you don't need any storms/ :%$#!:
                      Wally........Maybe your next trip will pan out for you guys! :whistle:
                      Steve........I'm glad to hear you got your vision back to normal with the new glasses! :flex:
                      Marv.........I know this is a long week for you, hang in there and take a breather once in a while! :thumbsup:
                      H2L..........Loosing weight is not an easy thing to do at our age, I found if I eat lots of salads, boring,
              and chicken and no starch you can loose but it takes a lot of dedication to do, good luck with the diet! ::)
                      Since my brother has been out of the PT facility everyday is a challenge, there is so much he can't do but
              he is determined to overcome it all. There are so many things I have to help him with. I made a comment to him
              yesterday that we, I mean healthy people take so much for granted in life, we all are one slip away from being
              where he is. I won't go into detail what I have to do, somethings are not pretty.
                     I hope everyone has a great Friday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9067 on: Jun 16, 2017, 07:34 AM »
Morning all,

Back to rain here this morning  :(  guess it's good for the garden as "they" say, but enough is enough already  :wacko: 

Eddie....hope the rain isn't putting an end to your work day  :-\
WS.....another day after today and you'll get a break, hang in there  ;)2
MrC....glasses are a PITA, but it sure is nice to be able to see clearly  :woot:
IFF....you are so right, time on the water is NEVER wasted time  :)  or on 2 wheels  :thumbsup:  I'd be more than happy to share some of this rain with you  :laugh:
IW....another huge atta boy to you for the job you are doing :bow: :thumbsup: :clap: sounds like your brother is a fighter and will keep improving  :)
H2L....nice work on the eyes  :thumbsup: :bow: :clap: always nice to have a Secret Spot to go to  ;)2  good luck losing the bowling ball  :roflmao:
IF45....glad to hear you are still enjoying being back to work  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9068 on: Jun 16, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Went in at store opening time and was told I needed to stick to the posted work schedule  ::) and I could come back at 3:00 and do the closing.  Which I did, also found price changes bumped up.  Making Ice gear 50% off.  My co-working was in for the morning and said a guy would be back to get one of the Otter Pro Cabins, not only did that happen he also too both the Gander hubs that I was mulling around that I could upgrade mine too  :(, and one of the gas augers.  So much for dragging my feet. ::)  So now I will not go in until Tuesday.  Having 4 days off I will be able to get at least one morning or evening on the water.  Was also told to expect two price drops a week.  :o  With no rain in sight, could be a good time to do some yard/garage sales.  Got a few wild fries going on, the high heat sure doesn't help with putting them down. 

off to do the watering

Good weekend to all and happy Dads day.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9069 on: Jun 16, 2017, 08:29 AM »
As of July 1st the wife can have salads for the first time in a year, so I am sure there will be lots of them. That should help.
With todays electronics I don't think any spot is a total secret spot. It is very small. I have seen days that if you are 10' off, no fish. I don't even have the waypoint in my fish finder, just in case it was to be stolen. I even clear all my tracks when I come in....lol When my fishing buddy died a few years ago, his sister was selling his boat. I made a point of clearing his FF's of all WP's and tracks. Took me years to figure out this lake and I didn't want someone else to have it all in one fishing trip. Wife says I am strange. Seeing that I don't eat any fish, I guess she is right...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9070 on: Jun 16, 2017, 08:39 AM »
 ;D :clap: :thumbsup:  H2L, not in my book  ;D
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9071 on: Jun 16, 2017, 02:21 PM »
X2....H2L.....we don't eat fish either  :P :roflmao: :woot: :whistle: :wacko:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9072 on: Jun 16, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Losing track  :woot:

I just wanted to say Hello before I hit the sack for a bit. This is starting to lose its appeal :cookoo:

Tomorrow will be another early start and there is a good chance that we may have to go in on Sunday.  We are returning to started jobs and finishing up with removals of some semi hazard trees that we couldn’t totally finish the first time through. The phone has slowed way down so we are making some good progress. The people have been maintaining patience, as I am not sure if I could, given the stress and problems they faced  ???

Lots of people have been asking me about pictures and frankly I never had time to take a one.

Thanks for the well wishes, sorry I am too beat to comment on every ones activities, although I have been reading the posts.

IW- Hats off to you for what you are doing for your Brother. Over the years you have on many occasions shown us all how to lead. You are a fine example Sir! :bow: :bow:

Hope you all have an excellent and safe weekend!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9073 on: Jun 17, 2017, 02:58 AM »
Good Morning everyone, hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9074 on: Jun 17, 2017, 04:13 AM »
Good Morning I-45 ER's  took in a ball game swung by the local GM worth the look should have bought a few things but did not. Rain here now maybe snag a few crawlers and wet a line as I havn't fished since ice time. My Bad Have a nice weekend to all.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9075 on: Jun 17, 2017, 04:26 AM »
Good Morning I-45, OG, Morning Everyone,
  Overcast and foggy with 60* this am, high of 77 expected with a chance of a shower today. We made it until 10:30am yesterday morning working, steady rain fell for most of the day after that.
  OG...good luck with the fishing, hope you slam them!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...have a great day if you're working today, be safe!
  Marv...hope after today's work the marathon hours will come to a halt for you and the crew, I'm sure you're all exhausted. I'll 2nd your reply to Jeff, have a strong feeling you fit that image as well, especially with your crew. Have a safe day with the saws today Marv!   :thumbsup:
  H2/Wally...nothing wrong with C&R!! Have several good friends who don't keep anything but just love to fish, all good in my book! Good luck today to you both if you're hitting the water!   :clap: :bow:
  Bud...enjoy your days off, hope you can get on some fish! That's too bad about missing out on hub...imagine things will start disappearing fast now at 50% off.
  Jeff...hope each day gets a little better for both you and your brother, ditto Marvs reply!   :bow:  My wife's family was from the South Elgin and Cicero areas...are you anywhere near there?

About ready to load up my Jon boat and see if I can coax a few trout to bite before the jet ski's and power boats start tearing up the lake....will catch up to you all before noon!
  Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9076 on: Jun 17, 2017, 05:36 AM »

Good morning I-45, OG, Eddie, ER's,
                          Another warm day ahead here in Illinois, yesterday it got up to 93* and very humid! :%$#!: It's thundering out!
                  Now it pouring!
                          OG.....I hope you can get on to the fish today. :thumbsup:
                          I-45.....What do you do for work? Have a good day. :flex:
                          Marv......How are you holding up, if I remember right you were only going to work 3 days a week! :woot:
                          H2L........I know lots  of people that fish and don't eat them. It's what you enjoy! :clap:
                          Wally......I heard from my wife, it's a lot cooler back there, are you and Mr. Wally going out this weekend!
                          Last evening I took my brother to Lowe's to look at some lights to replace a broken one, I got him an electric
                   cart and he liked that. We bought a light and I will put it up this morning. Yesterday at PT that really worked him
                   for the 3 hrs. that he was there, but that's what he needs. And I'm not easy on him either, I told I'll help but that
                   he had to do more for himself! I want to thank everyone for the kind remarks, but I'm sure you all would do the
                   same for your sibling!
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out wetting a line or two!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9077 on: Jun 17, 2017, 06:07 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....no fishing on weekends for us, too many  :cookoo: out there  :woot:  today & tomorrow near 90* then another cool off starts Monday
WS.....sorry to hear you may be working Sunday too  :(  you will need some serious boat time once this marathon work week is over  ;)2 
Eddie/OG....hope you get on some fish willing to play this morning  :)
IFF.....enjoy your time off, hope things cool off a bit  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9078 on: Jun 17, 2017, 09:59 AM »
We got another 3/4 inch of rain last night. There are reports of up to 3 inches from this storm. Every little bit helps if its measurable. We are still way behind in rain fall.

I brought in the last box of my mothers dishes to clean up for the grand daughter. So far there are 11 dinner plates plus three other size plates. This does not include the stack of saucers. Not many coffee cups so far so I hope there are a lot more in this last box. This is the first time I have been into these dishes since mom died back in 1991.

There is a whole other set of dishes that my son inherited that were my great grand mothers. I do remember that there were a lot of plates in that set too. He is named after my great grand parents as they raised my mother after her father died and her mother remarried.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9079 on: Jun 17, 2017, 02:08 PM »
Good afternoon everyone overcast skies currently I will have to check the weather forecast may see some rain later today. Thanks for all the comments on new glasses will be nice to be able to read without moving the newspaper or magazine to get it into focus. Yesterday was another court date for defendant in stabbing at my work place According to latest psychology report he is fit to stand trail. The case continues on Monday when anther psychologist is going to testify. More details coming out about defendant as case proceeds he has been in and out of psychiatric facilities over the years and received differing diagnosis.
Whopper Stopper may things slow down soon for you and the crew glad most of the  property owners are keeping their composure . Given your reports on number of folks without power and snow plows being used to remove hail build up from roadways the storm system left some major damage in your area.
Ice Wanderer ditto your comment about how much we take for granted until we can no longer preform certain tasks. May things cool down heat wise for you. Keep up the good work you are doing for your brother.
IFF enjoy the days off best of luck with the fishing. May the forest fires be put out before they due major damage.
Hunts2long  may your wife enjoy her salads now that they are back on her menu. I'm also a catch and release fishermen. No your not crazy deleting way points from GPS unit to many folks want everything handed to them and not have to do some work to get answers to their questions.
Old Goat hope you can get a fishing trip in before weather turns bad.
Eddie enjoy pursuing the trout may you catch enough for a few meals.
Mr. Turkey may your granddaughter treasure the dishes are they your wedding present. Also may your area get caught up on rain fall before problems develop from lack of water.

Have a safe and good remainder of today. A good Fathers Day to all of you dads. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9080 on: Jun 17, 2017, 06:14 PM »
Afternoon all, I passed on going fishing with the crew, in favor of doing some Garage/yard sale.  Will do the same tomorrow, moved some small items to the tune of $140, Think one visitor thinks I am a jerk, well maybe more than one.  Wouldn't take $5 for an $99 Abu Garcia Ambassadeur level wind new in the box.  But that seems to be the norm with the mind set, wanting to buy value at not more than 5%.  At least that is one that will not be on Ebay  ;D

If Weather is favorable Wednesday will be a fishing morning.

Some of those old dishes have some collectors value, like the Autumn Leaf pattern made by Hall China for Jewel Tea Distrubutor's.

Guess I am cooking this evening, KFC here I come. ;D
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9081 on: Jun 18, 2017, 04:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Wishing all the Dad's a Happy Fathers Day here on the Shanty!!    :thumbsup:
  67* and calm on the Hill this am, high of 83 expected here today.
  Bud...good luck with the sales today... :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks for the update on the trial, sounds like things will get interesting on Monday. Fishing was very slow yesterday, missed a few, didn't bring any to the boat.
  Tom...glad you finally got some measurable rain, I'm sure that was appreciated, especially by the farmers.
  Wally...I should have followed your's and H2's program of not fishing on the weekend yesterday. Had one boater not paying attention who crossed over my line before I could get in, what a mess!
  Jeff...bet your brother fealt good getting out of the house and taking the trip to Lowes with you. Wishing you a Happy Fathers Day, keep up the great work!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope your day went well yesterday and you caught up on some much needed rest!   :thumbsup:

Reached the launch area yesterday morning and there were two boats out ahead of me, by 7am the parking area was full and people began parking up on the main road. The lake was like a table top and everywhere you looked there were dimples from the fish rising...almost looked like it was raining! As I mentioned to Steve, had one idgit cross over my lines around 8:00, after that I just headed in and called it day.
  Having a brunch this am with most of the family, some much needed yard work to catch up on, and a trip to the cemetery on the agenda.
   Cawfee's on....

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9082 on: Jun 18, 2017, 04:39 AM »
Morning all;

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Grand Dads on here  :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:  Have a great day   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie.....sorry the fishing didn't turn out so great  :-\  enjoy the brunch  :)
IFF....some people expect to have everything given to them  :wacko: hope you ring up some good sales today  ;)
TT....I heard on the news the other day this area is 8" over average in precip for the year so far  :o
H2L....hope you and your wife enjoy the salads  ;D  this 90* weather is perfect for it  ;)
MrC....hopefully the attacker doesn't get off on some insanity plea or technicality  :nono:  :%$#!:
WS....hope you are sleeping in this morning and not working today   ???
IW.....does your brother get weekends off from pt  ??? hope he's staying in good spirits  @)
IF45....hope you have your daughter today  :)
Mealworm....hope all is well with you & you get some down time to relax with the kids today  ;)2

Another hot, hazy, humid day  :pinch:  possibility of some t-storms later  :-\  got all the yard work here and at camp caught up yesterday, not sure what's happening today, maybe a bike ride somewhere  ;D

Enjoy your day everyone. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9083 on: Jun 18, 2017, 06:14 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's,
                     Happy Father's Day to all us dads out there, enjoy your day! :clap:
                     Eddie.....That's too bad about the boat crossing your lines, what doombcoffs! I guess 7 am isn't early enough. ???
           I meant to tell you, I'm in Glenview and it look to me that I'm about 45 minutes from S. Elgin or Cicero, depending what
           time of day you are going. The traffic out here is horrific, I don't see how anyone get anything accomplished if they have
           to drive anywhere to do it! :cookoo:
                      WW.......No my brother has weekends off from PT, he goes Monday, Wednesday and Friday's for 3 hours each day!
                      Marv.....I hope you're not working today, your arthritis must be bothering you after this marathon work pace! Get
           some rest buddy!
                      Bud.......I did a garage sale once and it was the last, I had some good stuff out and the people offended me by
           their some what cheap offers. I hope today goes better for you! :flex:
                      Steve.....I'm glad that they said that the attacker was fit to stand trial, I hope he get what's do!
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on some water somewhere!

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9084 on: Jun 18, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning everyone, Happy father's day to all the father's out there.  IW I drive a roll off with a pup trailer for a trash company. Looks like it's going to be a warm day with showers. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9085 on: Jun 18, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Good Morning All, Think this will be the last sale day, Will take the still has a useful life to Good-Will, other wise will hall any metal items to Salvage, the rest will go to land fill via a 30 yard dumpster.  Another hot day looks like. 

Last day at the store was told to expect the % off to drop a couple days a week, that should see a lot of items exiting pretty fast. 

Have a great day all.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9086 on: Jun 18, 2017, 08:03 AM »
Good Morning ER's and Happy Fathers Day. WS hope the rest guage has been reset. IW  great job with your brother;hope the rest of your time there is great for both of you. Well the skunk streak has ended finally but it was a nasty ending; first off get to the lake a blue green algea explosion god awful ugly just looking at it and dead stuff floating and sunk. Moved to try to find something resembling water and found some and the gills too. After a line malfunction (I overloaded the spool) I just used it like a cane pole and began to catch fish. Eddie hope the nuts stay of your lines next time. I've been know to cast at them on occasion with average results. Anyway have a great day to all.

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9087 on: Jun 18, 2017, 08:31 AM »
I got a call last night from the DIL that they wanted to come up late today and take me out for supper. Hope fully I can get some help getting the toon pulled down to the drive way LOL. I have a sneaking suspicion that the grandson and his gal friend are here for his sisters wedding next Saturday from Owatonna, MN.  It will be great to see him as it has been a while since he was home.

We got some more rain yesterday and just had a short shower go through. I needed a propane tank filed yesterday. Every time I started to town it would start raining again. I was in another station to get some thing and the gal told me they had tanks to swap for $20.00. I told her they are only 15 lbs. I waited for the rain to let up and filled my tank with 20 lbs. for a little less than $18.00.

I bought a Shakespeare Wonder Rod and 2062 spinning reel yesterday to add to the collection. Like I needed more of them. I might put the combo on Ebay to see how that goes. I only paid $10 for the pair. I prefer the Ultra Lite 2052 reel on my fly rods for fishing perch.

Eddie That is the time you need a rod loaded with 50 lb. and a knife handy to cut the line so it will get wound up in their prop.

IW 3 hours is a long time doing PT. If your brother can keep up that pace it will get him back in shape a lot faster.

OG I have over loaded more than one reel. What really ticks me off it to take it off of the spool the wrong way and it twists up. I have a couple of cane poles my dad gave me. One I thought that I was short the tip section until I noticed the cork in the bottom section. The tip is stored in the butt section.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9088 on: Jun 18, 2017, 12:38 PM »
tt yeah one of my dumbest things I did was let a 18 ft fiberglass telescoping cane pole go that was 4 sections. Sometimes the old will outfish anything fancy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9089 on: Jun 18, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, hope all of you Dads and Granddads are having a great day. Sunny and humid here with chance of rain later today.
I guessing Whopper Stopper is resting after his hectic work week or did have to work today seeing as he has not posted.
IFF may you move more items today at your garage sale.
Eddie enjoy the brunch, sorry to hear your fishing spot was mobbed yesterday. Dealing with crossed lines is a pain definitely not fun when a boat prop gets a hold of it.
Wallyworld have a good and safe ride if you take your bikes out today. I would not be surprised to see the defense enter an insanity plea given the defendants history.
Ice Wanderer all the best to your brother with his PT schedule. You learn a lot from this thread never knew there was a Cicero in Illinois .
Old Goat sounds like some nasty water glad you found a spot to fish and the gills were biting.
Mr.Turkey enjoy the Fathers day meal. May your suspicion be correct and you get to see grandson tonight or at the wedding.

Have a good Day . Best to all fishing.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.