Author Topic: black powder opener tomorrow who's ready ?  (Read 10924 times)

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
Re: black powder opener tomorrow who's ready ?
« Reply #60 on: Nov 17, 2008, 05:45 PM »
Well.....your brother in law saw one...so it must be on now and not 5 days ago like many of us said.   That nicer buck wasn't out checking scrapes 5 days ago....he just started all of a sudden....and why your brother was watching too.  What luck...so ..Its official.
   YEAH DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING ????????? MY BROTHER IS THE OFICIAL RUT SWITCH CONTROLLER

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Nov 17, 2008, 07:20 PM »
LOL.  Just busting you.  Glad its happening for you now finless.  It makes that wait on stand all the more exciting not knowing when MR. Big might stroll your way.  I just got a 140lb 6pt myself on Saturday.  He was with a doe.  That was his demise.  Good luck!
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Nov 18, 2008, 08:27 AM »
I can't wait until Saturday.  I have work and school all week, but when the weekend comes, it's on.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Nov 18, 2008, 05:52 PM »
LOL.  Just busting you.  Glad its happening for you now finless.  It makes that wait on stand all the more exciting not knowing when MR. Big might stroll your way.  I just got a 140lb 6pt myself on Saturday.  He was with a doe.  That was his demise.  Good luck!
                          CONGRATS WHITETAIL I ACTUALLY SHOT A SPIKE LAST WEEKEND AND HAVE BEEN BACK OUT WITH THE STICK N STRING HOPING FOR AN OVER ANXIOS BUCK TO MAKE A CLOSE UP APPEARANCE THIS WEEKEND !!

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #64 on: Nov 18, 2008, 06:13 PM »
I thought this was an icefishing forum.  If I am not mistaken this thread talks an awful lot about hunting!  Isn't there a sister site myhunting or something like that?
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Nov 18, 2008, 07:04 PM »
I thought this was an icefishing forum.  If I am not mistaken this thread talks an awful lot about hunting!  Isn't there a sister site myhunting or something like that?

There's alot of threads that go off topic. Personally I don't hunt much myself, but I dont see the problem with a thread or two about it?
There are guys on the I.S that have friends here and want to share their expieriences/pics. It's not like everyones out on the ice already... Soon as the seasons over and the ice is here, there will be plenty to post about.... ;)

Hey, I've been fed-up with gas thread for months....People still like it  ::)...what can ya do :-\... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Nov 18, 2008, 07:51 PM »
nhtroutfreak, when you see finless out on the ice.......and he gives you one of his marinated venison steaks or a cup of that hot venison stew.....or a nice bowl of venison chili...............yo u'll realize how closely hunting is to icefishing!  Right finless.  ;)
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:49 AM »

www.myhuntingforum.com  Some of us have migrated over there, but there is no where near the same amount of traffic.  Some people still post here during the summer when they should be at myfishfinder.com.  Hey... what can you do?  I don't see a problem with one hunting thread among a thousand icefishing threads because in the end, aren't we all sportsmen? 

I am also not a huge fan of the gas thread either, so I choose not to post in it that often when I know it will annoy me.  Sometimes I just don't read the thread if I know I won't like the topic. 

The new site is called iceshantymyhuntingmyfi shingmyanything.com ;)LOL

hahaha, well... yeah... it is like that sometimes  ;D

I think once you see everyone has their bait trapped for the winter and the first safe ice appears somewhere, a lot of us won't care about gas prices and hunting season will be over.  lol  at least in my case that will be true.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #68 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:50 AM »
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #70 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:53 AM »
Don't get me wrong.  I don't have a problem with it.  I'm an avid hunter.  But I was just pointing out the obvious.  On this site there just happens to be an "Off-Topic" Shanty.
Clark Gable

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:55 AM »
Don't get me wrong.  I don't have a problem with it.  I'm an avid hunter.  But I was just pointing out the obvious.  On this site there just happens to be an "Off-Topic" Shanty.

I took it as you wanted to promote www.myhuntingforum.com

again... the site is www.myhuntingforum.com

If you join within the next 10 minutes, you will receive a free gift of NOTHING!!!  lol

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #72 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:59 AM »
No malice meant by my last post. It just seems pretty apparent what's being discussed in a thread labeled. "Black powder opener tomorrow who's ready".

I don't mind off topic threads. That's the beauty about conversation...it can mushroom into something unexpected.

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Nov 19, 2008, 08:09 AM »
I just can't take it anymore!.....Thats it!  I'm going bowhunting this afternoon!   ;D  All this talk about hunting has made me hungry for another buck! 

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #74 on: Nov 19, 2008, 08:11 AM »
That's the spirit.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Nov 19, 2008, 05:56 PM »
             just wanted to point out one obvious little thing ...theres no darn ice !!! sorry i should started another thread asking when the rotary derby is or what size hooks you use for bass or some other repetative thread lol just a thread man ;D

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:19 PM »
No malice meant by my last post. It just seems pretty apparent what's being discussed in a thread labeled. "Black powder opener tomorrow who's ready".

I don't mind off topic threads. That's the beauty about conversation...it can mushroom into something unexpected.

well put fish !!!!!!!!!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #77 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:33 PM »
keith and john......i guess its time........8 or 10 inch?????????..........harh, harh, harh
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:45 PM »
keith and john......i guess its time........8 or 10 inch?????????..........harh, harh, harh

:nono: Ohhhh no ya dont :laugh:

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:53 PM »

tee hee hee, what a hyjack that would be.

I'll be out again early tomorrow morning.  I have 5 1/2 more days of hunting.  Two tags, just hoping to fill one of them.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Nov 26, 2008, 08:52 PM »
tee hee hee, what a hyjack that would be.

I'll be out again early tomorrow morning.  I have 5 1/2 more days of hunting.  Two tags, just hoping to fill one of them.
         persistance somtimes pays off in big ways !!!! good luck john

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #81 on: Nov 28, 2008, 06:51 AM »
I went out Thanksgiving morning with a couple of buddies. I brought my bow just in case I ran across a couple of wicked winged warriors in the woods. I did. I saw 5 fat turkeys making there way up a hill towards a field. They were a good piece away. So...I tried to quickly flank them so that I could ambush them. I got up there. Got in position. I could hear them. They were so close. I waited and waited...NOTHING.  Those d**ned things are NINJAS! They are like assasins! They dissapeared with out a sound.

Another year a turkey slips through my hands on Thanksgiving. Last year was a heart breaker. I'm gonna get one though. I have another year to hone my poultry punishing skills.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Nov 28, 2008, 11:16 AM »
they are sheisty lil buggers !!! thats why its the thrill of the chase !!!!a call and a decoy leads to a deep fryer lol.. it seems like if they've seen you theres no way to get ahead of them and if there is i don't know it been there man

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #83 on: Nov 28, 2008, 11:19 AM »
they are my white whale. i've never harvested a turkey. for a bird that is soooo ugly and looks soooo stupid, they are illusive. i love how when your driving around you spot 15 of'em in a field but when you go hunting for them there's none to be found!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.