Author Topic: So out of the loop!  (Read 451 times)

Offline MaineT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine, the way tax burdens shouldn't be.
So out of the loop!
« on: Dec 29, 2008, 10:36 AM »
I am sorry gang, I have just been so out of the loop lately, and haven't logged in.
Summer fishing, stocking up on bait, and everything else that seems to have come down the pike.

I lost my grandad recently, and it was a big blow to me personally, but everything is squared away now, and my fond memories of fishing at his camp in Machias will be more than just memories as Camp is staying in the family and open to all of us.

I just wanted to re-say Hi to everyone, and note that we called Bakers the other day, and they are saying about 2-3 weeks (if this warm spell ends) and they will be sliding the shacks out for sea smelting season.
They also told us that they have some new shacks this year!

My old cast iron frypan is already aching for the sweet taste of smelts and kielbasa on the wood stove in the shack!
I caught you a delicious bass, wanna play me?

-Napoleon Dynomite

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: So out of the loop!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2008, 10:39 AM »
sorry to hear about your grandfather it is always tough to lose a loved one espeacily one as close as it seems your grandfather was to you but may the memories and skills he past down to you be well used and have a save season on the ice  ps welcome back to the site
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline MaineT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine, the way tax burdens shouldn't be.
Re: So out of the loop!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Thanks,
Im looking forward to seeing him, my grandmother, and their dog Pinky at Camp on Gardiner lake.
If not with my eyes, with the memories they created there.
I caught you a delicious bass, wanna play me?

-Napoleon Dynomite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.