Author Topic: My Underwater Camera is Life-changing  (Read 676 times)

Offline Satokad

• IceShanty Rookie
My Underwater Camera is Life-changing
« on: Jan 03, 2021, 09:01 PM »
I recently bought an Aqua-Vu Micro Revolution 5.0 PRO camera. I liked the idea of the smaller camera since I have enough other stuff to haul. It has completely changed how I approach ice fishing. It blows my mind how much is actually going on down below. This video is of a Rainbow that was interested but just wouldn't commit to Miss Minnow. I missed a hook set early in the video but he stuck around. At the end, I jigged it to the left and the trout swam around to strike from the front (now I get why Rapalas have a hook in front, too).

Offline Satokad

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: My Underwater Camera is Life-changing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2021, 09:04 PM »
Here's a video of some perch. Being an idiot, I left the wax worms in the fridge and all that was available to us were nightcrawlers. I had never used one for ice fishing before. The perch were real interested, but wouldn't take it. Looking at the video, we got to wondering if a whole worm was just too big. We caught one, but we cut the nightcrawlers in half. Had more luck, but nothing spectacular.
Sorry the camera was tilted.
Note to self: Don't forget the wax worms!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2021, 09:18 PM »
I love my Revolution 5 Pro also! I have learned so much about fish behavior!

I upgraded my memory to 64gb so I can record for days:
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=369940.0

Offline Satokad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2021, 10:00 PM »
Thanks for the link. That looks easy enough. I will probably run with what I have for now. I dump my video onto my computer each time I get home. I about ran out of battery but still had enough memory left. Besides, if I go poking around, I'd probably end up frying the thing. Just the way my luck runs when trying DIY upgrades.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.