Author Topic: MEANING BEHIND YOUR USER NAME  (Read 18837 times)

Offline JokersWild

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: MEANING BEHIND YOUR USER NAME
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2010, 10:54 AM »
Drifter:  Is that a loomis tournament drifter?  My buddy fishes one occasionally and I like that reel as well... (I personally am an Islander guy)

In any case my name:  I have been a first mate on a multi boat charter operation for 8 years now and my first year I loved the job so much the rest of the guys said I always had a smile on my face and they called me "joker" or "the joker." 
Expect the worst and hope for the best

Walk softly and carry a big stick(to help get on top the ice when you fall through)

Offline nooner69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:09 AM »
mine has a few meanings but ill just go with one of them. a friend of mine started calling me nooner because i tended to get up around noon the 69 is the year i was born ;D ;)

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:19 AM »
Mine is the town where I used to live and where my parents still do. My first name and first initial of my last name.
I have looked at buying a house in Kasilof but haven't found one I like yet.
I only live 15 miles away from there anyhow.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Drifter:  Is that a loomis tournament drifter?  My buddy fishes one occasionally and I like that reel as well... (I personally am an Islander guy)

It is the original Drifter, pre Loomis or Tournament Drifter.
As the serial # states it is #16 of the first run that was made and sold back in the '80's.
It served me well for many years before being retired, it still is special to me and won't be sold.   ;)2
It doesn't see much use any more as I have several others (King Pin Royalty, Angling Specialties and an original finish MyKiss I) that see use now a days.     8)

Offline Stump Puller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:35 AM »
I was fishing in a lake somewhere in eastern Ontario called Crotch Lake, right next to Gull Lake, I'm not sure what the nearest town would be. You Kingston and Ottawa boys might know what lake I'm talking about. I never caught a fish all weekend but I hooked into every stump in the bottom of that lake and I left about $200 worth of tackle on those stumps. My buddy started calling me Stump Puller
Be safe out there, and set the iron.

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:53 AM »
I kept it simple and un original. My name is John Koegel.

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2010, 11:59 AM »
I grew up in Emmetsburg which we commonly called E-burg.  I went to college at Wartburg which we commonly call "the Burg"  Put the two together and you get DoubleBurg.  The two locations that I am primarily at.
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:00 PM »
As my beard and hair are quite white/grey, someone asked who the oletimer was. The guy I was fishing with said well, most of the time he is the oldest one out here with us, but he really isn't that old. So oletimer seemed to fit.
I feel it more and more every year.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I am finishing up my B.S. degree in Natural Resource Management, and my dream job ever since my grandpa first took me hunting was to become a New York State Forest Ranger or an Environmental Conservation Officer. Hence the Ranger_Bound, the underscore is from working with GIS software as the program will not recognise spaces between letters

surflizard

« Reply #39 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:07 PM »
It was a nickname given to me by an old boss who finally figured out that I would rather be in the surf fishing rather then working for him !  ;D

Offline ICEMAN73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:09 PM »
I ripped it off from TOP Gun, 73 is from the year I was born  (Gen Xr's rock)

Offline finatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • For how can one fool make another wise? Kansas
« Reply #41 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Back in the 70's I worked for a company formulating animal feed, vitamins and mineral supplements...Worked on a project in conjunction with Penn State and the fish commission on raising trout here in Pa. The goal was to get a stockie to 7 to 9 inches in it's first year so it could be stocked otherwise the commission would have more expenses feeding longer..... at that time it took 15 to 18 mo's to get them to legal size....we found that by feeding higher calcium levels building bigger skeletons faster then protein for mass worked to achieve the desired goal...using this information I managed a trout hatchery and eyed my own fry and raised them to 30" and weights to 18lbs in 5 years...Well this brought on a new problem ...the word got out about the size of my fish and some undesirable tried to steal ...pooch. them from us .... we began patrolling the property and prosecuted 40 people in one year we had caught...At one of the hearings the defendant told the judged we were finatical in are approach to protecting a fish...and we were wrong....the judge ask me if I was a finatic and I told him "YES " these fish were my life...I raised them from eggs and paid for and carry the food and feed them everyday..twice a day and even had names for in divdual fish...yes I was finatical.....Well it stuck.....I no longer work there  and enjoy bass & ice fishing in the lake they but in my back yard.....

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #42 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:24 PM »
4 th. generation Vermont farmer...........Dying breed.
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Fishing for Blue fin tuna is something I enjoy, part of my life was living in Cotuit, Ma where we have a boat set up for stripper and tuna fishing. Tightlines...
Ron

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:36 PM »
you know when you ask someone how yea doing they say fine and dandy you  I reply justfine
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

Offline swillerjig

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On!!!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Partly my name Scott Will and I,like to have a beer on the ice (swill) and I love to jig so.... swillerjig it is
Fishing is not a hobby it's a way of life!!!

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Before starting ice fishing and finding Ice Shanty, my wife and I bought a Skeeter SL210 Fish & Ski.  I started perusing the fishing boards and settled on the "Skeeter" brand, and as you can guess, my first name is Jeff.  Hence, "SkeeterJeff".

-Jeff

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #47 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Hardwater fish killer
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #48 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:49 PM »
because this time of year the specks come see me on top of the ice for thier annual checkup.

Offline wiskeyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG!"
« Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:54 PM »
I like wiskey, love fishing. nuff said.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Slipperybob for losing a slip bobber when the line breaks.  I call that a slippery bob.  It just bobs away and slips through your mind.  ;D

I still like using slip bobbers for fishing when I get lazy.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #51 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Rogue-no longer obedient, belonging, or accepted and hence not controllable or answerable; deviating, renegade: a rogue cop; a rogue union local.

I have been know to just wander around the ice for hours looking for fish, regardless of what others are doing.

Offline jackinthebobhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Could not figure out anything better as I was trying to become a member of the IS. SO, Jack being my name, and where I can be found when the ice arrives.

Jack

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:19 PM »
I love Trap shooting and Doubles Trap is my favorite game.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #54 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I guess I watch too much Outdoor Channel and my 2 favorite shows are Duck Commander and Buck Commander...and since I love fishing for bluegills...well Gill Commander!! I hope I didn't infringe on any copyrights or anything!!

:cookoo:

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #55 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:28 PM »
  grub was already taken when i signed on

Offline walleyeslayr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:38 PM »
I've been known to slay a walleye or two. ;)

Offline graybeard1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Mine's pretty much self-explanatory. ;D

Offline JokersWild

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:41 PM »
It is the original Drifter, pre Loomis or Tournament Drifter.
As the serial # states it is #16 of the first run that was made and sold back in the '80's.
It served me well for many years before being retired, it still is special to me and won't be sold.   ;)2
It doesn't see much use any more as I have several others (King Pin Royalty, Angling Specialties and an original finish MyKiss I) that see use now a days.     8)

Ewww... angspec...  I fished one for one day and it was like a lead weight, very nice reel just heavy.  I am used to fishing great lakes fish so something like that isn't necessary (even though i mentioned i fish a workhorse of a reel in an islander...)  Good call on the MyKiss!  For frog/small water i love me some JW Young purist II...
Expect the worst and hope for the best

Walk softly and carry a big stick(to help get on top the ice when you fall through)

Offline dawnordusk1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • face the wind.. hurts to lay the same egg twice
« Reply #59 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:46 PM »
My nick Dawnordusk1 comes from my fishing boat kinda covers the whole day of fishing
Just my 2 cents.. keep it or spend it up to you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.