Author Topic: licensing  (Read 951 times)

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
licensing
« on: Feb 08, 2011, 03:54 PM »
How silly is it that an Alberta resident who only wants to go fishing one time in the year can't buy a one day license? It is only available to non residents. I could see how this would have been an issue when they were all printed and had to be distributed an estimated, but now when you can buy and print at home it is as antiquated as Sunday hunting. c'mon SRD get with the future.
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: licensing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Yeah, a license is like 20 bucks for the season, why would they waste their time with a one day license for residents??? Spend the 20, go fishing for the day, and consider the rest a contribution towards keeping our Fish and Wildlife officers out there where they should be...

Offline FishinSam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:43 PM »
I buy a yearly license in Mexico when I go Marlin fishing once a year because it's not much more money than a weekly and who knows? Might win the lottery and thats one less stop to make before going fishing!
 like TravIce said, just a small contribution to help conservation.
Lurkers for Lunkers... the next Facebook game   HeeHee

Offline deepfriese

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2011, 11:57 PM »
i agree, 20 bucks isn't going to break the bank for one day of fishing. you never know, you might get lucky and get 2 days in this year? I always get an annual BC license as well so I have it just in case I get the chance to go more then just the one week I plan on every year.

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:04 PM »
As a die hard i'd pay a hundred dollars but this issue isn't about us. It is about those people who only want a one day outing and that is all. They don't see it as affordable or a contribution they wish to make. Your point about more CO's would be a good one if they actually used them. It is lame how few officers there are and how underfunded they are. I my self have been checked once in the last five years for either hunting or fishing and I'm doing both all over this Province. So that brings it back to it is silly and there should be choice for those who want it. I have looked into it and so should you guy's IBM gets most of our license dollars not our heritage and wildlife. Check for yourself I got as high as 80% before they would not talk to me any longer. 65% is straight up and they will tell you that amount. So spare me about our money going back to what we want it to go to. Just one more in a long line of assaults committed on our resources by our beloved government. Plain and simple there are a lot of people who would buy a one day or one week license if it were available and those sales would be every bit as helpful for CO's as a one year is now.
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline deepfriese

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2011, 11:37 PM »
good point I have a few buddies that aren't into fishing like I am and most won't go with me on the the odd outing because they don't want to buy a year license.

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2011, 02:37 PM »
So if you only want to fish one day a year, then here's a bonus.

You can fish two days for free.  Family day in February and Canada day.

so there ya go.  Free fishin

NGI

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:36 AM »
Well aware of the 2 free weekend of fishing, Feb, July, but again that does very little for the people who want to go fishing the 361 other days of the year now does it ?
Clark Gable

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.