The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tragedy--> All my ice gear from my house to my flasher all gone.  (Read 12048 times)

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Shanty Community.

I ask that you please keep an eye for a complete setup $1600 worth of gear stolen from my pickup in Kalispell Today Dec 21, 2014.

I know my gear and can describe many identifiable traits.

:(  I have been having a very successful early season.  My oldest boy who is 5 is a master cut throat fisherman.  Out fishing me for biggest this year so far.

???

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Ugh! This sucks! Was truck at your home
Or someplace there might've been cameras?
Anything specific we should keep an eye out for that will easily confirm your gear has been spotted?

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Already have had sheriff look.

I feel like a world class fisherman striped of all his gadgetry.  I must now fish without the luxury of modern technology.  Utilizing the basics I will be come more of a master on the ice and utilize my inner scenes to be successful on the ice.   :tipup:

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
 Who am I kidding. 

This is a sad day.  What am I going to do?

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
SUCKS!!! HATE THIS CRAP... >:( let the pawn shops know too and just know this person or persons has some serious bad juju coming. You can't hide from that. Wish you were closer I've got a shelter I would happily give to you and your boy(its a frabil tho, no clam gear for me). Maybe if Mike Howe  ;) makes it down here for the NAIFC qualifier I can send it back with him. Anyone else that can help make that happen let me know please! Don't let this spoil your holidays buddy! Good Luck

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
I've got a new rod\reel combo you can have. It's nothing special but you can have it. Probably
Cost more in gas to come get it than it's probably worth.

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Awe dude!

Your are a generous man!  BackCountry Kyle

I do have another shelter, just not the Clam Guide which is my primary. cause its portable Other is a large double Frabill that gets used for family outings. 

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks Missoula fish. 

I am fortunate to have all necessary items to get back on the ice.  Just not all my fancy gear that makes life so easy.  The stuff I use every day. >:(

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
That stinks! Maby time to start branding a "L" in the middle of the forehead of anyone over 18 that gets caught for stealing.
That way you would know who these LOSERS are that steal from other people.
I'm not too fond of thieves, and can only hope that they get caught. Good luck on getting your gear back.

Offline GlacierIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Definitely check the pawn shops! We had stuff stolen this time last year and were able to track some items down ourselves just by checking into pawn shops on a regular basis. Good luck!

Offline MT204

• Team IceShanty Regular
Make sure and report the items to EACH of the city's and the Sheriff. They don't share info.

Offline nnelzon23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Homeowners insurance cover it? When all my stereo equip was stolen from my vehicle, my homeowners insurance covered it with no questions asked.
"Rippin Lips!"

Offline montanafishingr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good call. Check with your insurance company. Might get lucky.

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
Sorry man that's a bummer deal. I've got into the habit of locking my auger, propanetank, heater n shack handles with a bike lock 2 the loops that r welded in the back of my truck, even if I'm running into the store just for maggots. I've read a lot of icefishing gear disappearing on this website. Just started 2 lock my stuff this year. Got a lot of money invested into this game. Sorry for your loss.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline Gundy7

• IceShanty Rookie
I broke down and purchased the leer style camper shell top for my pick up. The window locks and the windows are tinted. Makes the truck not look so tough but I can lock my stuff in the back and it's mostly out of site and out of mind. Sorry for your loss. It's terrible that people steal other peoples hard earned gear. I hope you can at least recover some of it. Maybe Check craigslist.

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
Sorry to hear about that. I'll start spreading the word to my friends outside ice shanty. Anything we should look for?
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline gso12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nothing worse than a thief!!!!
]

Offline gregv17

• Team IceShanty Regular
That stinks. (Worse than that). Second the pawn shop checks and calling your insurance guy if you have homeowners. Also if you want to pm me with a description I can keep an eye out. I fish all over so will look. Though I suspect it was probably stolen by non-fishermen. I too have lots of extra gear if you need something. About the only extra I don't have would be a flasher. Hope you find some/all of your gear.

Offline redbird4

• IceShanty Rookie
That is not cool. Sorry for your loss and I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Offline elktalk101

• IceShanty Rookie
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  Nothing is safe in this world.  Some idiots find it easier to steal from someone else instead of working.
What a shame.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Check with all your insurance agents,may be covered.
Dont ask

Offline Mike3913

• IceShanty Rookie
Ive got an extra Vexilar FL8 I will let you use until you get a new one if youd like.

oldschoolben

I feel your pain have the same thing happened to me about 3 years ago

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
When I was young, we were very poor. I never took anything that did not belong to me. I just went without. I have no use for someone who steals, I hope they find them and you get your things back. Guys we live in a different world these days. Keep your eyes open. Its to bad you have lazy people who dont want to take pride in working and buying nice things, They rather take from someone else to support their habit. Scum bags!

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for all the support from my fellow Ice fisherman.  Without fail there will always be that one person whom just dot understand.  I have yet to find any of my stuff, but have found that people are awesome, even though there are the occasional dinks.  I have found great appreciation for all of you whom have offered up some gear to help me out.  I have faith that the culprit or culprits will get there's.  If this drama queen knew anything he would no that I was referring to these pros whom use only the basic Ice fishing equipment to compete at the world level.   No house no electronics, just pure skill.

P.S to the guy with the comment.  I hope you get stuck in the mud and have no fun.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sorry about your loss ClamGuide. Please don't put us Michiganders in the same category as that one jack nut. He doesn't represent us. The same thing happens in our state too. Good honest hard working people have their stuff stolen from low life thieves. A lot of us also pull together to help out the person who has been victimized by theft.

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
 good post rr78 :clap:

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sorry for your loss and so close to Christmas.  No rants here  ::)

Offline klickity

• IceShanty Rookie
sorry for your loss...I hope things work out so you can get that kid back on the ice...so fun fishing with little ones (sometimes)

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I can't believe this is happening in Montana.  Most Montanans aren't raised to become thieves and know that other Montanans usually have a gun.  I am sorry for your loss and hope everything works out.  If you can describe everything missing, I can at least keep a lookout for you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.