The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Merry Fishmas!!!  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't sweat the small fish!
Merry Fishmas!!!
« on: Dec 23, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Merry Early Christmas to all,

So I like ice fishing each day I get off from work (as does everyone else) so when I was told I can't go fishing tomorrow(by the old lady) as there is too much family stuff happening, a light bulb flicked on. After going rounds with the wife, I managed to "negotiate" a time for some fishing ONLY if she comes with(as to make sure I leave on time) and if it's close to where we are meeting the fam. So I am taking her to the Frenchtown Pond in the morning for 4 hours. Yikes...oh well at least it's fishing :-\

Feel free to post any "negotiating" done for the sake of Ice fishing this holiday season. 

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Merry Fishmas!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2010, 06:52 PM »
My wife got me an otter sled for Christmas and gave it to me early so I can quit carrying all my stuff around in a backpacking pack. Not much negotiating to do with my wife, as long as I bring her pop-up tent and heater she would rather fish and be outdoors than just about anything.

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2010, 08:32 PM »
My wife got me an otter sled for Christmas and gave it to me early so I can quit carrying all my stuff around in a backpacking pack. Not much negotiating to do with my wife, as long as I bring her pop-up tent and heater she would rather fish and be outdoors than just about anything.

Lucky you!!!
My wife just feels I "deserve" to go fishing any tine I want.
Guess that makes me "Pretty Lucky" also!

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:07 PM »
She's a keeper then... mine is just coming around to ice fishing as long as she is warm and doesn't touch the fish or bait

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:08 PM »

So I like ice fishing each day I get off from work (as does everyone else) so when I was told I can't go fishing tomorrow(by the old lady) as there is too much family stuff happening, a light bulb flicked on. After going rounds with the wife, I managed to "negotiate" a time for some fishing ONLY if she comes with(as to make sure I leave on time) and if it's close to where we are meeting the fam. So I am taking her to the Frenchtown Pond in the morning for 4 hours. Yikes...oh well at least it's fishing :-\

Feel free to post any "negotiating" done for the sake of Ice fishing this holiday season. 

I have ice fished Frenchtown pond once.  I only caught a few little pumkinseeds, but there are some real nice bass in there.  I've caught a few hogs out of there during open water. Never know,you just might get lucky and have a real good outing.

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Pretty lucky myself. No wife to tell me I can't go!

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:10 PM »
She's a keeper then... mine is just coming around to ice fishing as long as she is warm and doesn't touch the fish or bait

Your brother seems to have found himself a keeper.

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:15 PM »
My wife is a very fair weather fisherlady.  She never tries to stop me from going other than complains that she doesn't get to spend enough time with me.  My typical response is "well you're always invited to join". 

Offline Trav-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:22 PM »
Wife had surgery today.....Christmas Eve tommorrow......Christm as the day after.......Not looking good for me at all. I haven't even been on the ice yet!!!!! Maybe Sunday but if not I took Thursday next week off and will go for sure.

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:23 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Trav.  Hope everything went well and wish you guys a quick recovery.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2010, 12:09 AM »
My special lady doesn't necessarily love to fish. I on the other hand do. When we started dating she would often times express great concern about how little time I spend with her. I responded with "If you would like to spend more time with me, you best be puttin' your big girl pants on and come with." Since those days I make it a point to always make sure we go together. She's really starting to enjoy it. Now if she'd only bait her own hook, tie her own knots, remove her own fish, rebait, recast, etc. etc.......Well I know none of that will ever happen. At least she's real good at reeling a fish in ;D ;D ;D And man, does she ever reel in the biggest fish of the trip-Every trip!!!! I'm a lucky man in many ways and get to go fishing quite often.....As long as I take her shopping every once in a while of course.

Oh, I almost forgot the other tradeoff for icefishing. She makes me.....It's hard for me to type this. She makes me go SKI-ING!!!!! It's the ice fisherman's worst enemy. The ski resort. I've decided that ski resorts are really only good for a couple things. Really sucking-------the money out of your bank account that is. And very strong bloody maries from the lodge. It's so hoyty toyty. They have to call it a lodge instead of a bar. Anyways, great topic of discussion. I think a few of us with the ole ball and chain have went through this at some point.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2010, 12:27 AM »
My special lady doesn't necessarily love to fish. I on the other hand do. When we started dating she would often times express great concern about how little time I spend with her. I responded with "If you would like to spend more time with me, you best be puttin' your big girl pants on and come with." Since those days I make it a point to always make sure we go together. She's really starting to enjoy it. Now if she'd only bait her own hook, tie her own knots, remove her own fish, rebait, recast, etc. etc.......Well I know none of that will ever happen. At least she's real good at reeling a fish in ;D ;D ;D And man, does she ever reel in the biggest fish of the trip-Every trip!!!! I'm a lucky man in many ways and get to go fishing quite often.....As long as I take her shopping every once in a while of course.

Oh, I almost forgot the other tradeoff for icefishing. She makes me.....It's hard for me to type this. She makes me go SKI-ING!!!!! It's the ice fisherman's worst enemy. The ski resort. I've decided that ski resorts are really only good for a couple things. Really sucking-------the money out of your bank account that is. And very strong bloody maries from the lodge. It's so hoyty toyty. They have to call it a lodge instead of a bar. Anyways, great topic of discussion. I think a few of us with the ole ball and chain have went through this at some point.

I actually really enjoy snowboarding, I've skied once when I was pretty young but other than that have never done anything but board. I'm sure I would like skiing just as much but am very comfortable on a board and likely pretty akward on skis.  When I was in Highschool and the first couple years of college I would try to make it to the slopes as well as get in a lot of fishing and I never used to have as much trouble finding the time to do both or the funds.  Nowadays I'm on a pretty tight budget for both time and money.  I'm also to the point that if I had more time and money I would likely just take longer and more extravagant ice fishing trips.  I would love to make a nice long icefishing trip to Minnesota one of these years.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:09 AM »
My wife don't mind at all that I go fishing, ice or open water.  Her concern is that I create so much trash with the cardboard and beer bottles.  So starting this year, no more of that.  Yup, I'm going to pony keg!  Gotta rig it up next week.  Nothing like being green. :thumbsup:
wish you many hook-ups

Offline jiggin365

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2010, 12:50 PM »

Ice fished it a couple weeks ago for about 3 hrs.. didnt see any other tracks on the pond....there was about 4 inches at the time.  Pulled out about 30 pumpkinseed, 6 perch, and about 8 bass.  Three of those bass were about 16 inchers. Non-stop action, great time.  Didnt keep anything, think i woulda felt guilty keepin em from there. 

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2010, 02:22 PM »
I'm retired so can go most anytime I choose. My Mrs. thinks it's a good deal when I'm gone and she can have the place to herself. Like Gomer Pyle used to say, "Lucky--Lucky---Lucky!!!". I'm a blessed man.

Merry Christams guys

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2010, 07:58 PM »
I'm lucky to have a beautiful wife who doesn't mind me spendin all day fishin with the guys, as long as I take her a few times on the weekends!!!

Some of us just have all of the luck!!!

Happy holidays to all of you fisher people!!!

Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Merry Fishmas!

YEAH!  Santa came to my place last night and brought me a Eskimo Mako, a Quickfish 3, and a new sled.  I also got some socks  :P

After lunch, I'm headed to East Fork Reservoir to break in my new toys.

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2010, 12:04 PM »
^ Awesome!!! I too got a Quickfish 3 from Santa!!! What a year!!!

Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 25, 2010, 01:06 PM »
Wife had surgery today.....Christmas Eve tommorrow......Christm as the day after.......Not looking good for me at all. I haven't even been on the ice yet!!!!! Maybe Sunday but if not I took Thursday next week off and will go for sure.
hope things are looking up for you and the misses keep your spirits up if you get out sunday cf  is producing a few down lake 38 fow look for the brown permanent shack good luck and merry exmas
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline pikepounder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 25, 2010, 10:44 PM »
just no escaping you greenies is there Quanton. If I fill my beer cans with water and sink them to the bottom instead of leaving them on the ice does that make me green?.....Kidding! 8) Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline Trav-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 26, 2010, 12:11 AM »
hope things are looking up for you and the misses keep your spirits up if you get out sunday cf  is producing a few down lake 38 fow look for the brown permanent shack good luck and merry exmas

Wife is doing good and gave me the go-ahead for tomorrow!!! Thanks for the well wishes and the tip. I have a spot marked on the GPS from last year that produced so we will start there. Merry Chirstmas everyone!!

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 26, 2010, 07:23 PM »
were you out on smith lake the other day???

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 26, 2010, 09:14 PM »
were you out on smith lake the other day???

I was there with my wife Dec 12th and then I was there with just my step son on Dec 24th. My wife and step daughters had to get ready for a play that day so my step son and I were out there by ourselves.

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:04 AM »
I consider myself blessed when it comes to my significant other.  We've been together for seven years and when we first met I would've never guessed that she would do much outdoors.  We met through a business that we were both involved in and she being an office worker in insurance was always dressed professionally.  At the time I wasn't even fishing/hunting much using my time for other things.  Over time we started fishing, I've been an avid trout fisherman for my entire life.  Started slow, but now she drags me out.  This past year we started fishing for walleye, pike and perch, something I've never done and was reluctant to do since I knew nothing about it and didn't have any gear for it.  Well, I would bet that we buy a boat this spring because we had a blast doing it.  Now, this winter we geared up and are ice fishing.  So far we haven't got into the fish, but I can't wait til we do because she is such a kick when we're into the fish!  It's the first time in my life that I've had a significant other that loves the same things I do as far as getting into the outdoors and I'm lovin it!  No arguments about what to spend money on etc.  if we need it.....she's all for it.  In fact, she's usually a step ahead of me, because I bulk at buying something if I think we can get along without it, but she's right there trying to figure out how to make it work........LOL.  I see a vexilar or marcum coming, because she has seen them and thinks we need to have one.... ;D  Yup.......truly blessed........ ;)

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:26 AM »
I gotta tell you guys that I think my Husband is blessed cause he can't get out on the ice without me  ;D

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Trav-ice how did ya do the other day? Hope everything is still going good for the wife!!

Offline Trav-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Trav-ice how did ya do the other day? Hope everything is still going good for the wife!!

CF was slow out in our spot, I moved twice and still saw nothing on the poles, camera and fish finder after 5 hours. I am thinking it was just a slow day cause I only saw one perch landed. Maybe I just need to find them?

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I gotta tell you guys that I think my Husband is blessed cause he can't get out on the ice without me  ;D

I have to agree with ya........he's very blessed.  I've had spouses that didn't think I should waste money and time on fishing/hunting......caused alot of challenges.  But with both in agreement.....it's all good.  I'd rather spend time with my fiance' than anyone else I know.......

Offline mtman000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:38 PM »
when i met my fiance she had never really fished much and had never thought of hunting. this last summer we really got into fishing and did a ton of it together, and this fall she shot her first deer, one of the funnest hunts i've ever been on. she hasnt really got into the icefishing yet but hope she wants to go more this winter, Good luck on the HARDWATER!!!!

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Hey as long as I don't have to catch hell every time I go fishing then it's smooooth sailing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.