Author Topic: ... Read the Rules ...  (Read 5491 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
... Read the Rules ...
« on: Jan 01, 2009, 03:01 PM »

I've had 2 entries and I removed both. The pics have to be 450 pixels. Please read the rules.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ... Read the Rules ...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2009, 03:59 PM »

Read the rules. I just removed another because the pics were taken inside a shanty.

Offline Frozen__Nutts

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • So easy, a cave man could do it
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Make sure your metal push pull tape measure is YELLOW

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Make sure your metal push pull tape measure is YELLOW

Why must it be yellow?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Why must it be yellow?
B/C it's a rule of the tournament?  Prolly B/C they have found it to be, consistently, the easiest to read in the pics?

Offline Lone Fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2009, 01:02 PM »
I read through the rules and the prizes page and couldn't really infer whether you are entered in the random drawing when you signed up or do you have to enter a fish to be qualified??

Offline JAZII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NO FLASHER? NO FISH? NO KIDDING?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2009, 04:00 PM »
I read through the rules and the prizes page and couldn't really infer whether you are entered in the random drawing when you signed up or do you have to enter a fish to be qualified??
You must at least enter one fish to have your name entered into the random cat.
Your name will stay entered the whole tourney or until drawn for a prize. One random prize per person.
JAZII

2007 1ST Perch 15 5/16"   2007 1ST Brown Trout 28 3/8"
2008 1ST BlueGill 10 7/8"
2009 2ND Perch 15"
2010 2ND Perch 16 1/8"

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2009, 04:51 PM »

I'm noticing many entries with pics taken inside of shanties. The rules have changed again this season. Please read the rules.

As in this example step outside to get the picture :

I will be adding this to the rules to clarify.

Offline akdg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:30 PM »
 Two photos will be required per entry (of at least 450 pixels)
a.) Photo 1: The entry fish must be photographed with the entire rule (measuring device) clearly and readable in 
 the picture as well as the TI 2009 card while still out on the ice. No part of the fish should be on the rule.only yellow push/pull rules will be allowed
     Only the entry fish - No multiple fish in the photo.
b.) Photo 2: This photo must have the angler and fish together while still out on the ice with the lake (ice) in the background and the anglers face uncovered.
         If the pic is taken at night kneel and take the pic at a downward angle so as to include the ice.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:33 PM »
This is how I changed it to clarify:

4) Two photos will be required per entry (of at least 450 pixels)
a.) Photo 1: The entry fish must be photographed with the entire rule (measuring device) clearly and readable in
 the picture as well as the TI 2009 card while still out on the ice. No part of the fish should be on the rule.only yellow push/pull rules will be allowed
b.) Photo 2: This photo must have the angler and fish together while still out on the ice with the lake (ice) in the background and the anglers face uncovered. If in a shanty step outside for the picture.
         If the pic is taken at night kneel and take the pic at a downward angle so as to include the ice.

This is how it read last season with the allowance of inside pictures .. which is not in this years rules :

the picture as well as the TI 2008 card while still out on the ice. No part of the fish should be on the rule.(no cloth/soft,       home made or  altered rules)
     Only the entry fish - No multiple fish in the photo. The Yellow push/pull type rule has worked the best.
b.) Photo 2: This photo must have the angler and fish together while still out on the ice with the lake (ice) and shoreline, holes, tip ups , etc. in the background.
c.) Photo 3: If pics are taken inside of a shanty/shelter a third photo is needed of the entry with rule/card, the floor with hatch opened and the hole exposed.

Doug >))))>

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:18 AM »
How do I know if my pictures are "at least 450 pixels"?

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:42 AM »

You can click on the properties of the pic and it will tell you.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:47 AM »
How do I know if my pictures are "at least 450 pixels"?
On a MAC, you can use the "command I" keys to get the info.  :)

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:47 AM »
Why must it be yellow?
Cause snow is white.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Lone Fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Sorry i dont mean to offend anyone, but i get just super frustated when someone DOESN'T read the rules and for example, takes a picture of their fish INSIDE!! or NOT ON THE ICE!! that just really grinds my gears, strips my screws, etc.  !!!  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline Jiggin in Michigan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hello...Is anyone down there?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Cause snow is white.

Not by my shanty!! ;D

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Sorry i dont mean to offend anyone, but i get just super frustated when someone DOESN'T read the rules and for example, takes a picture of their fish INSIDE!! or NOT ON THE ICE!! that just really grinds my gears, strips my screws, etc.  !!!  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

If you are referring to the Walleye entry from Wyoming, Big Ice stated in a thread on the Wyoming board that he does have pictures taken OUTSIDE his shanty but preferred not to post them.  Can't blame him for that.  Wouldn't want to give away that location.  I think it is pretty clear that his shanty is on the ice.  If Lonewolf should decide it is required, I'm sure that Big Ice will comply.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:51 PM »
If you are referring to the Walleye entry from Wyoming, Big Ice stated in a thread on the Wyoming board that he does have pictures taken OUTSIDE his shanty but preferred not to post them.  Can't blame him for that.  Wouldn't want to give away that location.  I think it is pretty clear that his shanty is on the ice.  If Lonewolf should decide it is required, I'm sure that Big Ice will comply.
I have no idea what pic. your referring to but if it's that secretive he could kneel down and have the pic. taken from above. Unless the ice looks different in that one spot, no one will ever find it.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2009, 01:34 PM »
I have no idea what pic. your referring to but if it's that secretive he could kneel down and have the pic. taken from above. Unless the ice looks different in that one spot, no one will ever find it.

You have to have land in the background.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2009, 02:11 PM »

It's supposed to have the lake (ice) in the background ... if theres land as well it's OK.
The pic at the downward angle is if it's at night.
I give some lead way especially if it's a self taken pic.

b.) Photo 2: This photo must have the angler and fish together while still out on the ice with the lake (ice) in the background and the anglers face uncovered. If in a shanty step outside for the picture.

Offline Lone Fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:37 PM »
Im sure you will get over it ;)
Real Mature.. what are you 8?

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2009, 07:09 AM »
That would be me opps. figured for short didn't really matter. thought wrong. ::) I know better now.
Gator Nation

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.