New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Your Job  (Read 18799 times)

Offline holedigger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • hardwater nut !!!
Re: Your Job
« Reply #90 on: Dec 24, 2005, 02:48 AM »
i'm fleet supervisor,mechanic and driver for a locol delivery company in rochester.......nick name (donnie-do).......hours are long but the work is fun different every day
no better rush then pulling a fish Thru a 6" hole

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Dec 24, 2005, 03:56 AM »
I work security at a mall that they want to make bigger.

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #92 on: Dec 24, 2005, 04:49 AM »
     I am 'Retired' and draw Social Security and pensions from: NYS Teachers Retirement System.
                                                                                    Iron Workers local #12
                                                                                    Bakery-Confectionary local #50
                                                                                    Machinists Union
     Grew up on a dairy farm above the Alcove Res. near Albany, NY. Started my 'Career' as an automotive machinist at age ten(yeah, I know, but I have the mechanics trophy to prove it), taught tech trades like Ag.&Tech@ SUNY Cobleskill, BOCES, Dept. of Correction and Parole. Literally wrote the book on teaching Industrial Truck Maintainence and Repair for the Manpower Training Program,(and taught it).
     I served on SUNY Albany faculty several years with the Atmospheric Sciences and Research Center under Dr. Bernard Vonnegut,(brother of writer Kurt Vonnegut Jr.), and a host of other stuff, professionally, like: Car, Boat, and Motorcycle, and white water canoe racing.
     My Father didn't believe parents should raise their own children and he 'Farmed' me out to places owned by his friends and partners to apprentice as; Bodyshop car repairman-Mason-Road Construction-welding-Farm machine repair-electrician-plumber/pipe fitter-Millwright, and a host of other things to keep me busy and off the streets,(which didn't really work).

I've read everyone of these and am duly impressed with the 'Talent on the Ice' on this site, and am glad to be in such good company. May God bless you all, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, on safe ice. :) :tipup: :)

-SUPPORT OUR TROOPS- some of 'em are mine.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline nucci

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #93 on: Dec 24, 2005, 04:57 AM »
Chainsaw,Merry christmas and god bless the troops. Oh yeah I'm a stone mason.

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Dec 24, 2005, 05:54 AM »
Your the man fishingking!!

bigdave1018

« Reply #95 on: Dec 24, 2005, 05:54 AM »
retired after 40 yrs, tv remote tester,computer tech [ huh ],food tester, big bro and sometimes big poppa to a certain person in here lol, father and sealy tester. i sell ice fishing tackle for a hobby and collect 2 pensions. life is good.

Offline oldfishead

• IceShanty Rookie
  • oldfishheads never die; we just smell that way !!
« Reply #96 on: Dec 24, 2005, 06:01 AM »
I'm a union painter, local-38  oswego n.y.  "HAVE BRUSH , WILL TRAVEL"    ;D ;D ;D
we are what we eat !!!

Offline pieman1998

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • just have to ice fish
« Reply #97 on: Dec 24, 2005, 06:03 AM »
i'm a receiver for homedepot :) :tipup:

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #98 on: Dec 24, 2005, 06:10 AM »
I'm a Union Carpenter out of the local 66 in olean n.y./ sometimes I build bridges in summer and schools or hospitals in winter[ if the drive isn't to extreme].other wise I ice fish!!! ;D
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Dec 24, 2005, 06:14 AM »
Computer Programmer.

The only bad thing about it, is it inteferes with my fishing!

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #100 on: Dec 24, 2005, 06:25 AM »
Quality guy for a medical device manufacturer & distributor in Rochester.  Tables, lights, columns, video integration, sterilizers, washer disinfectors, cart washers..... The list goes on.
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline turfpro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Dec 24, 2005, 07:51 AM »
Landscaper/snowplower...... phd in grasscutting!!  :thumbsup:

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Dec 24, 2005, 08:28 AM »
I am a Project Manger for a Group of companies based in Cohoes, NY that specialize in the manufacture of equipment for commercial swimming pools and waterparks.  The Group also builds waterparks around the country.

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #103 on: Dec 24, 2005, 12:57 PM »
I started in 1969 as a Land Surveyor that lasted for 11 years. Went into Planning/Scheduling for a local aerospace valve manufacturer. I lasted there 25 years. I got laid off (excuse me, I meant downsized) in 2002. I went back to school and got my nursing license and I now work for Wayne ARC. I have a house with 10 developmentally disabled and mentally retarded, autistic folks ranging in age from 18-30. I take care of all of their meds and treatments. It's the best job I've ever had. I've got 8 yrs left then I can fish and golf full time. Merry Christmas and support our troops.
packerbacker
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Offline Ice Virgin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Dec 24, 2005, 01:00 PM »
Full time student at SUNY Cortland for Phys. Ed.
Student teaching in January in the Rochester area (my last semester!)

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Dec 24, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Network Security Engineer, i hate sitting at a desk. :(

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!!
« Reply #106 on: Dec 24, 2005, 01:15 PM »
I am a case manager for adults with developmental disabilities.  I monitor the services they recieve to help them live in the community.  I basically watch and check things out to make sure your tax paying dollars are being used correctly and my clients are living good lives.  Every other minute, Im fishing.  Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!!

Offline rob45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Dec 24, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Encon officer down in Putnam/Westchester  :o

Offline ronwhtgmc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • the thicker the better
« Reply #108 on: Dec 25, 2005, 08:57 AM »
I'm an environmental scientist for an engineering firm, and I travel around the country catching fish to measure contaminant levels.  I've been active on this site for a couple years and love it.  Mostly I fish Skaneatles. 

I guess we know which lake to keep fish  from! :D

I am CNC Progarmmer in a manufacturing company near Elmira.
don't mind me...I'm just an icehole

Offline ROBO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Dec 25, 2005, 09:29 AM »
I've been addicted to this site for a couple of years, and have corresponded with many icefishers. However, I do not know alot about alot of you. So, why don't we all post what we do for a living, and maybe we can 'trade' work to each other, or establish business relationships?
    i am a self employed jewelry mechanic.

Offline Fishin-Cutie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Dec 25, 2005, 11:17 AM »
:)A Hairdresser in Upstate New York.

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #111 on: Dec 25, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Plumbing and heating contractor,,Voll. Fireman(28 years) husband,and a dad..
God Bless our TROOPS :bow: :clap: one of them is mine!!
Merry Christmas to all and a happy and fish filled New Year ;D
Timster

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #112 on: Dec 25, 2005, 01:30 PM »
I'm a Firefighter/EMT.  On my days off, if I'm not on the ice, I inspect and service fire extinguishers.
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Dec 25, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Respiratory therapist for a home oxygen company and marble/granite/stone fabricator on the side.  Used to own a fabrication shop then sold it.  From the proceeds, paid off my house and bought a camp up in the adirondacks on Indian Lake with a nice boat.  If all goes well hope to bail out of the workforce by the time I'm 50 and then really start hunting and fishing.  Can only do it for about 8-9 months of the year becasue I still have to pay my bills!!

Offline oldken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Dec 25, 2005, 03:38 PM »
i am semi retired work part time for the town and in summer for an excavating guy. i am also 72 years old way up state n.y.

Offline coachjohnnyj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Dec 26, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Head Wrestling Coach - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute!!!

Keep any eye on us!!

Offline IcePirate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Dec 26, 2005, 01:47 PM »
 ;D 22yrs union electrician ,  local #43 syracuse ,  NY . :tipup:
C'mon fishy's , C'mon - South Shore Diehard since 66' - Vexilar , Clam corp., Ski-doo

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #117 on: Dec 26, 2005, 03:12 PM »
I'm the Facilities Supervisor for Mid-Town Athletic Club in Rochester. I manage the physical aspects of this fine, 130,000 square foot  tennis and fitness facility. It's a great job in a great place. I play tennis and squash, and  hit the weights and circuits. The scenery can't be beat ;D ;D

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Dec 26, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Student at plattsburgh and land surveyor!!

I am a hotel and restaurant manager in Plattsburgh, NY

hey which hotel and restaurant???

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #119 on: Dec 26, 2005, 05:37 PM »
i have the same ? im from keeseville and go back there every summer i gradutuated from ausable valley 81
my sister still lives there any motel deals i have to come up in the spring and finish her roof

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.