Author Topic: Eskimo Pistol bit vs Strikemaster Lite Flite  (Read 10422 times)

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
Eskimo Pistol bit vs Strikemaster Lite Flite
« on: Jan 01, 2020, 11:38 AM »
If you are thinking about purchasing an Eskimo Pistol Bit or Strikemaster Lite Flite, maybe this will help you.  It was a tough decision for me.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Eskimo Pistol bit vs Strikemaster Lite Flite
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Nice video ..good to have lots of options for your cordless set ups .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kpmswi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2020, 12:10 PM »
Great review!!! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2020, 12:22 PM »
you can hear the difference. the eskimo is putting a larger load on the motor. that means less holes and more charges which means replacing batteries faster. also more surface area for water to freeze onto and slow down further drilling or stop completely because of it.

i would not buy the eskimo, thanks. clear winner is strikemaster. odd, with it's blades being notched as if a chipper blade and still out performed a true shaver blade. not sure if the ring on the auger or the pitch of the blades is messing with it or both.

Offline drycold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2020, 12:35 PM »
I have the eskimo, would never change.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Not sure how someone could say there was a clear winner there.  Speed isn't everything.  I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either.  The Eskimo felt smoother, no jarring or catching and none of the adapter wibbly wobblies the Strikemaster had.  Not to mention almost 2 lbs lighter for the Eskimo.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Great review!!! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Thanks!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2020, 12:57 PM »
After watching that vid i would choose the Eskimo pistol bit,its lighter,smoother,doesnt catch in the hole and ive been hearing quite a few guys saying the lite flite adapter is janky and comes loose.totally changed my mind between those 2 bits and im a strikemaster fan too and was thinking about getting one.i dont care about speed and just want a auger with a centerpoint.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2020, 07:21 AM »
another great video!  no surprise there though. 

thank you for the great service you provide for us all man!  excellent educated info for these products.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2020, 09:46 AM »
The Strikemaster adapter is a known weak area when used with a drill. As a mechanical engineer, the bolt through the adapter is a poor design. The only way it can be tight is to pull the shaft tight up against one side of the hole, and then the rocking back and forth under torque will loosen the bolt every time. This design was carried over from hand augers without enough thought. I have used loc-tite on my Lazer and it kept loosening, and eventually tore the threads out of the auger. If I wanted it to last, I would drill the whole thing out, ream it, and press in a dowel pin. I don't know why you would want to have this come apart anyway.
I do agree that nothing cuts like a Lazer, except perhaps a Nils, but the Nils is sooo long, and the adapters I have been able to buy have the same issue as the Strikemasters.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.