Author Topic: lite/fan combo for flip shack  (Read 885 times)

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
lite/fan combo for flip shack
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:26 AM »
I'm looking for recommendations or experiences on a lite/fan combo to hang in my 2 man flip for early AM and night fishing and to circulate the air some.  I would prefer battery operated. I did goggle them, but I prefer and trust reviews more from the fellow fishermen here.   Thanks for any info you can give.
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline kfcandtanq

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lite/fan combo for flip shack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2019, 11:08 AM »
I've been using a Basecamp tent fan from Cabelas in my shack.
It's battery powered with a plastic caribiner on the top & has a light built into it too.
Works great to circulate the air in my little ice shack with wood heat

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply KFC
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2019, 01:36 AM »
I've had 2, the little donut combo from clam is to brittle, it fell from under 2 ft while setting up my tent and broke so bad it didn't even work. Money spent on something I never got to use.
 Second one was given to me, some off brand fan light combo that runs on 4D batteries. The fan works pretty well, doesn't produce a whole lot of light but weights alot and goes though batteries fairly quickly.
I went to Cobb led strips and gave up on a fan in favor of Striker gear that keeps me much warmer.

Offline frozen eyelet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2019, 11:17 AM »
My son purchased a Dewalt heater unit that uses the 20v batteries and also has a usb on it to charge phones.
I would say I was quite impressed the evening he used it.
Plus these "smart" phones are useless out in the cold he was able to recharge mine and get it active again after we had used it to loacte spots for fishing with the navionics map going.
The fan kept the air circulating and his tent seemed to draw less moisture on the top than mine did.
Have LiveScope, will Travel.....

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2019, 02:46 PM »
I just just purchased the Clam fan/light combo that runs off 2 D batteries and also comes with a lighter plug in. Used it yesterday and worked well. My main use was to push the hot air above use down. Light about usless for me as my X200 already has the light bar.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2019, 09:54 AM »
In a 2-man flip shack, how important is it to circulate the hot air??  I have a Clam Trap Guide.  not really tall shack, I cannot stand in it.  I don't seem to feel a big difference in air temp at top vs bottom when heater is gong. 

Offline Gorilla

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2019, 10:05 AM »
I picked up this one from Walmart two years ago for camping and it held up pretty well   

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Portable-2-in-1-Tent-LED-Light-and-Fan/476799686

Do Not underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2019, 12:38 PM »
In a 2-man flip shack, how important is it to circulate the hot air??  I have a Clam Trap Guide.  not really tall shack, I cannot stand in it.  I don't seem to feel a big difference in air temp at top vs bottom when heater is gong.
You might not need one in a shorter one. I am 6'6" and can stand up in mine. Had a lot of wasted heat sitting at top and fan seemed to help.

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:48 PM »
I bought a clam fan/light combo for my flip a few years ago. It works great for moving air but the light wasn't to impressive.

It sits on a shelf now and I only take it out when I'm using my Hub. I personally found that it was a hassle hanging it in my flip. Unless you plan on setting up shop in one spot for while I wouldn't bother putting in your flip. Just my 2 cents.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.