Author Topic: Anyone use Proline ice rods?  (Read 1849 times)

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone use Proline ice rods?
« on: Oct 30, 2013, 11:16 PM »
stumbled across an ice rod manufacturer that i havent heard of before,  Proline fishing, specifically their ice pro line of jig rods. Any feedback on their quality would be appreciated. The models im interested in are the 42" heavy action, and the 27" medium action, if that makes a difference. Heres a link to their page if you wanna check them out: http://www.prolinefishing.net/proline/icepro.html       Seems to be a good deal to me, but having never heard of them, thats purely speculation.       ***Im not trying to endorse this company. But don't get me started on my favorite jigs.***
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone use Proline ice rods?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2013, 02:02 PM »
Look quite ordinary-- better choices out there...
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Look quite ordinary-- better choices out there...
  That is definitely true. But in reality, aren't there going to be better choices no matter what rod you use?  I don't insist on "high quality" gear so much as "reliable" gear. If it works, and I like it, thats good enough for me...For example, my go-to ice rod for perch, panfish, and smelt is a 36" glass noodle rod, with a fly reel. Not a setup thats convenient in depths over 20 ft, but the sensitivity and control is unmatched. and its an 8 dollar rod, the guides are so crooked that its laughable, and it has the worst guide ice-ing problem ive ever seen...  Im kinda rambling, but maybe you see what im getting at?  Thanks for your input though, i appreciate the advice/opinions i get from this site.
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2013, 07:44 PM »
Plenty of reel/rod pairings out there for $60 or so that will last for years. Gotta have a sensitive stick & smooth reel  ;D
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:38 PM »
Their 36" & 42" rods are about the best available (great cork handle) if you are in the market for a big-fish rod.
I have 4 and have not found anything near as good.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline Zackopi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:42 PM »
If I can add to the OP... has anyone used the proline icepro combo in ultralite?  I am thinking about returning it, seeing that the rod tip has such a fast action that the rod forms an almost perfect 90 degree angle at the end rather than a curve.  It literally bends in the shape of an L.  The end of the rod that actually bends offers up little more resistance than a spring bobber, while the first half of the rod fees like it belongs on a medium heavy action rod.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.