Author Topic: Spring bobber question  (Read 894 times)

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Spring bobber question
« on: Jan 11, 2013, 07:38 AM »
Ive been toying with the idea of adding a spring bobber to a rod i made, because it is a hair too stiff for small panfish jigs, but it has a nice parabolic action. (made with recycled parts)  So my question is, when you are reeling in a fish, doesnt the spring bobber take a lot of stress when it gets pressed into the end of the guide, as a result of tension on the line, or am i missing something. The only experience i've had is with homemade spring bobbers, and pulling on the line to simulate a fish so can somebody with actual experience please enlighten me.
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline mags459

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Spring bobber question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:27 AM »
I just added the trip wire (Thorne Bros) to a rod that I made.  I love it.  I don't like real soft rods as it can be hard to get a good hook set. But adding a titanium bobber is the best of both worlds. Plenty of back bone and you can see every bite even negative hits.  I just orders some TITAN Bobbers off of ebay for$5 each I hope they work as well.  Tying them on makes the rod much valuable in my opinion.  It became my favorite rod in 10 minutes.
Shane

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Yeah they do take a beating when fighting fish. If you do not use a good stainless wire they will get bent to hell. Titanium is best option, but SS wire works good too.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2013, 06:52 PM »
I use schooleys spring bobbers I attach them to the rod with tread and a little epoxy I dont use the little red clip they give you with it to hold it on,they can take a beating and still work fine if it gets bent up or out of shape you just run it through you thumb and index finger with pressure from your thumb nail and it will straighten out there inexspensive and last a long time,I have rods with them on them for many years now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.